Speed UTV

Also, since the cars currently being delivered aren't really full production cars (more beta machines/initial production mules), will we get to 400 before the first actual production cars land in garages? :biggrin:

Also, since the cars currently being delivered aren't really full production cars (more beta machines/initial production mules), will we get to 400 before the first actual production cars land in garages? :biggrin:
I think we will get to 400+ pages before the actual production cars land.   Only 121 pages till we get to 500!   LOL

Working a deal on a Pro R currently. Pretty nice to be able to walk into a dealer on a Saturday, sit in and make vroom vroom noises, and start working numbers on Monday. Hopefully things work out tomorrow!
Congrats!    Is pricing getting better? 

No one drove huh? :bag:
The guy down in Baja has not posted anything since posting his belt breakage.   Wonder if he had a trouble free trip from there or if something else happen.   

Not to worry Robby says 9 cars are on the water and will be here in two weeks. Making me glad I’m also on the new Can Am waitlist 

#14 in Baja posted that his trip is now over. He did not finish.  Water temp sensor they couldn't fix and that is what ended the trip.  He said he experienced four issues with his El Jefe:

1) one broken belt
2) one failed water temp sensor
3) one torn CV boot
4) one loose ground wire for one of the radiator fans

Congrats!    Is pricing getting better? 
Well I would like to say the pricing has gotten better but I didn’t experience that! I got a somewhat decent price on my trade in. I could have held out for more selling private but not sure how long it would have taken since season is way over! I did get great pricing for my upgrades and the freebies thrown in! In the end the payment is around $50 a month more than I planned but I am getting what I wanted. So my ideas for buying a boat are now on hold again! The car will be delivered tomorrow so I will post pics then! Carry on!

Well I would like to say the pricing has gotten better but I didn’t experience that! I got a somewhat decent price on my trade in. I could have held out for more selling private but not sure how long it would have taken since season is way over! I did get great pricing for my upgrades and the freebies thrown in! In the end the payment is around $50 a month more than I planned but I am getting what I wanted. So my ideas for buying a boat are now on hold again! The car will be delivered tomorrow so I will post pics then! Carry on!
Congrats! 

Congrats! 
Thank you! My wife gave me the green light to buy a Speed car when they first came out. It was supposed to be a new toy for graduating HVAC school. I chose to hold off on the Speed UTV knowing it would take a while to come out. A few years later my wife just landed a new job. So proud of her. So now it’s like a gift for both of us!

you will love the Pro-r, hopefully you sprung for the Ultimate with Dynamix.  But beware you will need springs quickly, mine sacked out in 288 miles. 

Congrats on the new ride.  

#14 in Baja posted that his trip is now over. He did not finish.  Water temp sensor they couldn't fix and that is what ended the trip.  He said he experienced four issues with his El Jefe:

1) one broken belt
2) one failed water temp sensor
3) one torn CV boot
4) one loose ground wire for one of the radiator fans
That list is not a big deal, the only issue is no spare parts anywhere.

Congrats man.

@Crusty is right about the list not being major, other then the fact it stopped his trip.

The water temp sensor is interesting as I think RG had the same issue at the NORRA race. The real question is what stops the ride 1) not knowing the temp and being worried about blowing a engine 2) the ECU saying nope not gonna let you ride.

For option 1 a trail fix with a temp gauge setup from vato-zone (yeah hes in mexico, but they are not remote camping in/out of towns and i'd be they have a decent chase crew) would ease your mind.

The torn CV boot is a issue that RG and team have had, Chupacabra has had, and maybe others not reporting tot he interwebz. The wildcat XX has had a lot of boot troubles (3 generations of axles boots, two different designs), is this a trailing arm/CV design issue or boot material design issue?

Ground wire to fan, QC issue

Belt, well it's a CVT and all manufactures have had belt issues based on so many different issues, users driving habits, heat, yada yada

The list of issues for the 750ish miles he made is not bad.

I believe once the sensor goes it puts the car in limp mode.   So absent having away to clear the code/override it or have a new sensor no way to fix it. 

The ride the guy was on is put on by Off The Grid Expeditions.  They have a chase crew and do lots of rides down in Baja.  I am surprised they were not able to source a replacement sensor as I doubt RG is using a custom only for Speed UTV sensors.  

So those 500 cars that were ready to go months ago are now waiting for new updates before they are shipped? At the rate Speed is going I do not see anyone that does not have a car stateside currently taking delivery before the end of year.  

The villagers in Speedland might miss another desert season.  

Hell at this rate I see can am delivering 500 of the new not even yet announced 2024 X3/X4 before speed hits 100 cars delivered. 

you will love the Pro-r, hopefully you sprung for the Ultimate with Dynamix.  But beware you will need springs quickly, mine sacked out in 288 miles. 
Yes I bought the Ultimate. Now I’ve gotta figure out sand tires. A lot of info to read through. Picking through yours and Sand Sharks on RZR forum.

Reactions: FOG
Yes I bought the Ultimate. Now I’ve gotta figure out sand tires. A lot of info to read through. Picking through yours and Sand Sharks on RZR forum.
The Tensors and Packard tires is what we have seen in our group.  The STU Blackbird is suppose to be pretty good. 

Back