Speed UTV

So how did the Speed car score so hit on fit and finish in that video?  

So how did the Speed car score so hit on fit and finish in that video?  
I am curious also.  Stickers are literally peeling off, doors don't line up, etc.  My only guess the can-am and Polaris was just as bad.

422795.stickers_peeling_speed.png

Let’s not forget that the X3 is a 7 year old design, about $20k cheaper MSRP-wise, is considerably faster, and wasn’t THAT far off suspension wise. That’s a lot of shock tuning and gusset kits. 

Last edited by a moderator:
34, and there are 9 currently on the water, with another 11 coming after than, then I think 20something, then a huge shipment. I think they are still slow rolling while they try and get QC in order.
With those kind of numbers is anybody going to admit he was blowing smoke for the first few years? I mean if he wasn't, he QC'd the chit out of these things..

With those kind of numbers is anybody going to admit he was blowing smoke for the first few years? I mean if he wasn't, he QC'd the chit out of these things..
Naw. 2 years ago when he showed “final production” in Speed HQ’s break room with hand tools, he was telling the troof. Was just that pesky supply chain that screwed them… :bag:

At the sand show last year Robby told me he had 75 cars ready to be delivered and the only reason he couldn't deliver them at the show weekend was because he didn't get the EPA approval he was expecting.  He told me he rented out several houses to be used for deliveries so he could do 75 that week.   He even showed me pics on his phone of a line of half finished speed cars saying assembly has been up and running for months.  

I still remember my friend smiling ear to ear as he sat in a “production” Speed UTV at the Sand Show.  He proudly told me he would be ripping up the dunes in a few months.  He was correct he was ripping up the dunes in the Polaris he ended up buying so he did not miss another season.   🤣🤣🤣

Still waiting for the big old plate of crow LOTD said he would be serving. 🤣🤣🤣

34, and there are 9 currently on the water, with another 11 coming after than, then I think 20something, then a huge shipment. I think they are still slow rolling while they try and get QC in order.
RG needs to get a person there 24/7 to oversee the factory if he plans on rolling out huge amounts of cars anytime soon.   Otherwise I think it will reman a slow trickle of cars through the end of the year.

Has RG mentioned anything about dealers and getting them set up to handle deliver/prep and warranty work?  

Thanks for posting real info.

So 40 this summer should get delivered, for a total of just under 80.

They better prepare for that 500 real quick, even though Dealer Support keeps getting asked about, I haven't seen anything on that. Could be RG is not yet ready (confident) to let loose the control, as any dude at a dealer can start picking apart items he wants to fix quickly.

:cheers:

Am I the only cynic who thinks the mileage/break-in period for the speed key is kinda curious?

I fully understand the sound reasoning for a break-in period on any motor, but correct me if I'm wrong, even if a customer wanted to use the key, they are locked out until after the mileage is reached?

Am I the only cynic who thinks the mileage/break-in period for the speed key is kinda curious?

I fully understand the sound reasoning for a break-in period on any motor, but correct me if I'm wrong, even if a customer wanted to use the key, they are locked out until after the mileage is reached?
That sounds correct.   500 mile break in period is interesting and also the fact you are stuck buying the Speed break in package.  I believe the warranty is voided if you do not use the break in kit.   

Reactions: FOG
Reactions: FOG
Back