Speed UTV

it's funny how the haters all get boners hearing about the brakes...just like the never trumpers.... just pathetic.  The can ams  had the entire front end falling off and they just made excuses.....brakes are a relatively easy fix...even a new master and calipers and rotors wont be all that big of a deal....I wonder if the brake issue is again the supplier cutting corners...which is what most of the major problems have been. 
LOL!  I can tell you the brakes might not be that easy of fix if it is like the Can Am.   They can certainly make them better, but I do not think they will be to the level of the Polaris brakes.

Remember it was Speed and the faithful telling us all that unlike the others, no extra money was needed to improve safety or the performance.  Yet here they are talking about a $4,000 brake upgrade that is needed.   

I think we all find it interesting that a company that touts safety has brakes that are clearly not up to the task.  It was very surprising to me.  When a X3 stops better then something is not right.  

Remember we all told them nothing is perfect out of the box and they argued the Speed would be.  

it's funny how the haters all get boners hearing about the brakes...just like the never trumpers.... just pathetic.  The can ams  had the entire front end falling off and they just made excuses.....brakes are a relatively easy fix...even a new master and calipers and rotors wont be all that big of a deal....I wonder if the brake issue is again the supplier cutting corners...which is what most of the major problems have been. 
Okay Robby👌🏻

Finally got a chance to watch RG's response to Chupacabra.

First, I was unaware of Kyle Leduc's health issues. That is a major bummer, and I wish him the best.

I have to admit the RG butthurt was pretty strong in his response.

Surprised nobody is talking about how X3 beat the Pro R in drag races.  The Pro R is no slouch from what I hear and everyone I know that has one raves about it.  If X3 comes out with serious HP, fix all the known issues and shortens the damn limousine length it will be the new King.  Too bad for Speed but respectable outcome for a 1st year release.  Speed will only learn from this and continue developing their car.  Unlike the other big 2 they take years to respond to issues and make changes.  I made my predictions for this comparison and it was spot on.  Amazing how many folks are crying about the brakes but do we really use brakes in G?  I really dont except to avoid a witches eye or hard G out lol

Just watched the video of RG explaining the shoot out. Wow. As predicted he is full of excuses. Let’s start with the “factory” speed key. The key was available to the early buyers for $1. That isn’t the case now. The key also voids warranty if I’m not mistaken. So if you flash either of the other cars you would be in the same boat. Then the skid plate. They all come with a full skid plate when you buy the top model so I don’t see how the speed skid plate is 85lbs heavier than the rest. Finally the braking. He knows his cars have braking issues which is why he has the upgraded kit you can buy. The upgraded kit is just that, an upgrade. It doesn’t come on the car stock. These machines were raced fully loaded stock trim to keep everything as close as possible. I do agree with him that the extras on the speed car do add some weight and it can effect the outcomes but I don’t think the little weight added would fix what the speed was lacking. Also, it doesn’t sound over promising telling people you have de-tuned the ecu to compensate for a weak transmission! If CanAm adds better brakes and pumps up the hp it will still beat the speed car with the speed key and big brakes. Power to weight is where it’s at and CanAm has that covered at the moment. Speed has built a good car. Best to lick your wounds and build off of that platform. Sky’s the limit if he wants it to be. 

Surprised nobody is talking about how X3 beat the Pro R in drag races.  The Pro R is no slouch from what I hear and everyone I know that has one raves about it.  If X3 comes out with serious HP, fix all the known issues and shortens the damn limousine length it will be the new King.  Too bad for Speed but respectable outcome for a 1st year release.  Speed will only learn from this and continue developing their car.  Unlike the other big 2 they take years to respond to issues and make changes.  I made my predictions for this comparison and it was spot on.  Amazing how many folks are crying about the brakes but do we really use brakes in G?  I really dont except to avoid a witches eye or hard G out lol
I was not expecting the Can Am to gap those other cars.  Remember early on in the testing videos RG allegedly raced a Can Am and smoked it.   Be interesting to see how the Speed car is with the 300hp E85 tune.  I bet it will be quick and quick to smoke belts in the dunes. 

The other manufactures have already addressed most of the issues with their cars before they release them.  Half the issues after release is quality control issues from the vendors and assembly line. 

We are in the beta phase with the Speed UTV and get to witness it.   Those with the higher numbers will get a much better car. 

After there is a massive amount of Speed cars out and about lets see how quickly Speed addresses issues.  Bet it will not be much faster than the big manufactures.   

Just watched the video of RG explaining the shoot out. Wow. As predicted he is full of excuses. Let’s start with the “factory” speed key. The key was available to the early buyers for $1. That isn’t the case now. The key also voids warranty if I’m not mistaken. So if you flash either of the other cars you would be in the same boat. Then the skid plate. They all come with a full skid plate when you buy the top model so I don’t see how the speed skid plate is 85lbs heavier than the rest. Finally the braking. He knows his cars have braking issues which is why he has the upgraded kit you can buy. The upgraded kit is just that, an upgrade. It doesn’t come on the car stock. These machines were raced fully loaded stock trim to keep everything as close as possible. I do agree with him that the extras on the speed car do add some weight and it can effect the outcomes but I don’t think the little weight added would fix what the speed was lacking. Also, it doesn’t sound over promising telling people you have de-tuned the ecu to compensate for a weak transmission! If CanAm adds better brakes and pumps up the hp it will still beat the speed car with the speed key and big brakes. Power to weight is where it’s at and CanAm has that covered at the moment. Speed has built a good car. Best to lick your wounds and build off of that platform. Sky’s the limit if he wants it to be. 
Wait, the engine was detuned?  Does that mean it's still 225hp?  

Also, what does this mean for the Speed key?

Wait, the engine was detuned?  Does that mean it's still 225hp?  

Also, what does this mean for the Speed key?
In the video Robby makes it sound like only 2nd gear is detuned. 

How does EPA and CARB work with the constant ECU changes?  

Last edited by a moderator:
With all these cars out now.   Wonder when someone will have the balls to throw it on a scale, wet and with the accessories that all the MacGyvers purchased?  

In the video Robby makes it sound like only 2nd gear is detuned. 

How does EPA and CARB work with the constant ECU changes?  
Is that the low range gear, or the super cruise/lower RPM gear?

With all these cars out now.   Wonder when someone will have the balls to throw it on a scale, wet and with the accessories that all the MacGyvers purchased?  
RG threw them on the scale when he did is comparison video at his shop.

Some of those 4 seaters are close to 3000 lbs just in speakers.  LOL!!

RG threw them on the scale when he did is comparison video at his shop.

Some of those 4 seaters are close to 3000 lbs just in speakers.  LOL!!
I'm sure he is the most honest business man on the planet, however, I would love to see an actual independent party or owner place it on the scale.  Just saying.  

Those spare tires and tool kits alone will ad some weight, not to mention all the other accessories and fluids, etc.  

Bigger brakes, 35 inch wheels and tires...  I bet it is one heavy SOB

Back