Speed UTV

Not entirely correct, he says "at current pricing" it would be 78,500. He's an early number car, so he likely has about 55 into it. Prices have gone up quite a bit, on the car, and the accessories, and I think he appears to have a ton of them.
The car price jumped up around $17,000.   Did not know Speed jacked up the pricing of the accessories.

I did see the price of the Speed light bar was more than a Baja Design light bar.  

The car price jumped up around $17,000.   Did not know Speed jacked up the pricing of the accessories.

I did see the price of the Speed light bar was more than a Baja Design light bar.  
Not really correct, a 50" Baja ranges from $1999-$2020, the Speed is $1378. The 22" bumper that Speed offers, Baja doesn't really make. That's comparting the OnX6 line of lights, as those are the most comparable. The Speed bar is much better than the S8 line from Baja. I had an S8 on my Raptor behind the grill, and it really wasn't that impressive.

That being said, I will spend the Xtra cash on a Baja Designs, the OnX line and XL80 racer line, is very impressive, and their warranties can't be beat.

I just sent back an older set of XL80 Racer editions for warranty work, and they sent me back basically all new lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really correct, a 50" Baja ranges from $1999-$2020, the Speed is $1378. The 22" bumper that Speed offers, Baja doesn't really make. That's comparting the OnX6 line of lights, as those are the most comparable. The Speed bar is much better than the S8 line from Baja. I had an S8 on my Raptor behind the grill, and it really wasn't that impressive.

That being said, I will spend the Xtra cash on a Baja Designs, the OnX line and XL80 racer line, is very impressive, and their warranties can't be beat.

I just sent back an older set of XL80 Racer editions for warranty work, and they sent me back basically all new lights.
Stupid me - when I looked at the pricing I thought it was for a 50" bar and it was the 30" bar. LOL!

I had a S8 in the grill on my Polaris. It was perfect for dust as it had an amber lens, but did not put out much light.   Onyx is 1000x better.   I am a big fan of the XL80s.  

Reactions: FOG

You sure? The Speed bar looks exactly like the Amazon specials (down to the cheesy bulkhead fitting out the side and description) I have on my Jeep, and while they're definitely bright, it's not super useful as most of the light just scatters everywhere.  Nowhere near the Onyx6 lights on my buggy (pattern and throw). 

The S8 is similar in wattage (300w) to the Speed bar (270w).  Onyx6 would be 76 BD watts more powerful

Reactions: FOG
You sure? The Speed bar looks exactly like the Amazon specials (down to the cheesy bulkhead fitting out the side and description) I have on my Jeep, and while they're definitely bright, it's not super useful as most of the light just scatters everywhere.  Nowhere near the Onyx6 lights on my buggy (pattern and throw). 

The S8 is similar in wattage (300w) to the Speed bar (270w).  Onyx6 would be 76 BD watts more powerful
If you want to save some money:

speed_lightbar.jpg

amazon_lightbar.jpg

LOL... someone should post how they could save money buying Red Baron pizza from Wal-Mart as opposed to well..haha..you get the point.

That feud has been fun to watch.

LOL... someone should post how they could save money buying Red Baron pizza from Wal-Mart as opposed to well..haha..you get the point.

That feud has been fun to watch.

I think there's going to be a few black eyes by the time it's all over with

Just now, WheresHotBoat said:

Damn beat me to the punch! Good overall review. You can really see the Speed UTV shine on the whoop road compared to the Pro R.

Damn beat me to the punch! Good overall review. You can really see the Speed UTV shine on the whoop road compared to the Pro R.
Yes, for the results, I'm happy with what I'm getting from Speed, except for the brakes, I'm pretty disappointed in those results.

Once all the part numbers are out there, you can probably source the calipers/rotors/wheel studs for half the price of buying from Speed. Same deal with the springs. At least for those of us who don't mind working on our cars.

No, he was on the stock brakes. I'm not going to fork over 4K for brakes, I'm hoping maybe they offer some aggresive compound pads.
As long as rotors are cheap, pad choice would definitely help.  I'm sure the aftermarket can improve for less as well once these start hitting the streets in numbers.

Those brakes on the Speed were pretty bad.  The X3 brakes are not great and I was not expecting the X3 to stop that much shorter than the Speed UTV.

The X3 brake pedal feel is very mushy, but they do stop the car.   You would of thought RG would of a made braking high up on the list.   

I can tell you the Wilwood upgrade my friend did on his X3 was only a marginal improvement on braking and not worth the cost.  Hopefully on the Speed UTV it makes a huge difference. 

I am curious what mode the suspension was in on the Pro R and Can Am as both had live valve.  Having driven 3 different Pro Rs and some X3s with live valve the mode you choose makes a big difference.

All that talk about track width changes on the Pro R and yet it did not make a difference in the outcome.  

The Speed suspension did look smooth.  

Suspension looks pretty well dialed. Brakes pretty pathetic. Otherwise, hardly a "game changer" performance.

Three years ago it was a game changer but today it is a good car. 

if can am brings something substantial to the table as an update this summer speed will fall further behind. 

Back