Speed UTV

How close are you to Costa Mesa and the Sand Sport Show in Sept :lol:  - I bet you money somebody will have a Speed UTV For Sale, ready to take home at the show this year... :deal:
Not exactly trying to buy one, just want to see one up close without me going out of my way. 

The only testing I've seen was by Speed, and they didn't seem to have belt issues when they did, but we are seeing high belt temps, that some believe is due in part to the locations of the sensor. I don't know chit about belts though, I've never had a UTV.

As far as customers, it sounds like they are not being given the key to unlock that tune until they have over 500 miles, so I don't think anyone has 500 miles yet, but Chubacabra is getting close.
Belt temp sensors are a waste in my opinion unless you are racing.  All you do is look at it and worry about belt temps.  When you get your Speed UTV just go out and drive it.  Just vary the speeds and the belt will be fine out in the desert and trails. 

In the dunes I am sure the Speed UTV will be blowing belts.  It is the nature of the dunes and the fact El Jeffe fully loaded with 4 people weighs more than most sand rails.   Also a lot of drivers are hammerheads with the throttle and like to bash through the dunes versus using the dunes to keep flow and momentum (just stop in the middle of the dunes for a beverage and watch the various groups that go by.  Can be very entertaining). 

The 300hp mode is for sure going to eat up some belts in the dunes.  

Belt temp sensors are a waste in my opinion unless you are racing.  All you do is look at it and worry about belt temps.  When you get your Speed UTV just go out and drive it.  Just vary the speeds and the belt will be fine out in the desert and trails. 

In the dunes I am sure the Speed UTV will be blowing belts.  It is the nature of the dunes and the fact El Jeffe fully loaded with 4 people weighs more than most sand rails.   Also a lot of drivers are hammerheads with the throttle and like to bash through the dunes versus using the dunes to keep flow and momentum (just stop in the middle of the dunes for a beverage and watch the various groups that go by.  Can be very entertaining). 

most annoying thing in the world is duning with someone that has a belt temp gauge and slows the group down because they are scared shitless of breaking a belt.

“ I don’t need to sell it” 😂😂 

At that price? I don’t think you’ll have a problem not selling it. Although there is  a lot idiocracy going on nowadays. 

75AA1899-72DC-4E4B-80D4-666A45A88FFE.jpeg

Every duner should learn to dune in standard travel VW 1835cc buggy, no way to dune without flowing and keeping momentum.

Back