Speed UTV

Id guess he was at about 10-12K in upgrades, he had both light bars, rear chase light, side mirrors, both bumpers, window nets, 2 spare axles, spare tie-rods, hub bearings, storages boxes, AGM jack etc......
Gotta be more than that.  The Wilwood kit is $4500 by itself.  Spring kit is $1600.  I think I saw 3 axles ($1500), $2000 stereo, $2000 window nets, $1000 in bumpers, $2500 jack/trail kit, $2200 in lights....  I assume he's got $25k+ with all the racks, tires, etc.  

Either way, no way it takes $100k to make an X3 to compete, LOL.  You can get a full KOH build for that...

Gotta be more than that.  The Wilwood kit is $4500 by itself.  Spring kit is $1600.  I think I saw 3 axles ($1500), $2000 stereo, $2000 window nets, $1000 in bumpers, $2500 jack/trail kit, $2200 in lights....  I assume he's got $25k+ with all the racks, tires, etc.  

Either way, no way it takes $100k to make an X3 to compete, LOL.  You can get a full KOH build for that...
I forgot he said 35's, wilwoods, and springs. thats another 6K

You need to put a 100K into a Can Am to compete with this car?  Did I hear that right. 
You did.   

He did a nice job setting up that Speed UTV for Baja.  Too bad I will have to sink another 60K into my ride to compete with it.  LMAO!!!! 

It's a rumor, it was posted on the speedutv forum, and Robby commented on Facebook that it was false, the post was then taken down off of the forum.
I guess you will know which information is correct when you get your call to pay and pick up your ride.   

How many spare axles you carry down there?
I carry one rear axle, but our rides are in the 340 range.  1000 mile ride I would probably bring two and a few more things.   Last trip I threw my stock trailing arms on the chase truck trailer just because I was testing the newly designed Super ATV arms for them.   

That Speed UTV is set up for long rides without a chase crew. It was nicely done.  

I carry one rear axle, but our rides are in the 340 range.  1000 mile ride I would probably bring two and a few more things.   Last trip I threw my stock trailing arms on the chase truck trailer just because I was testing the newly designed Super ATV arms for them.   

That Speed UTV is set up for long rides without a chase crew. It was nicely done.  
Word.  Jeep has a complete spare driveline.  Short/long side fronts, 1 rear axle shaft (same for either side) and 1 driveshaft (same F/R).  I think if I stop carrying them, one will break. :biggrin:

Word.  Jeep has a complete spare driveline.  Short/long side fronts, 1 rear axle shaft (same for either side) and 1 driveshaft (same F/R).  I think if I stop carrying them, one will break. :biggrin:
The fear of not bringing the part you will probably never need to replace on the trail.  LOL!

So an adjustment is being made in Vietnam to ensure the Accessories being added there are done right.

Were Accessories supposed to be done in the US and now its shifted to being done there? That's how the scenario unraveling reads to me.

:dunno:

Anybody using them in the sand dunes yet? besides that one guy in Idaho, cause people in Idaho just stroke their potatoes all day. :lol:  

So an adjustment is being made in Vietnam to ensure the Accessories being added there are done right.

Were Accessories supposed to be done in the US and now its shifted to being done there? That's how the scenario unraveling reads to me.

:dunno:

Anybody using them in the sand dunes yet? besides that one guy in Idaho, cause people in Idaho just stroke their potatoes all day. :lol:  
Yes, there's a Vent Racing guy whos been in the dunes on paddles.

As far as accessories, those were being done in Havasu, and Anaheim. They now want to speed up the process with more cars being completed and ready to ship, so they are trying to get most, if not all of them installed prior to shipping, that way the PDI goes much quicker.

Yes, there's a Vent Racing guy whos been in the dunes on paddles.

As far as accessories, those were being done in Havasu, and Anaheim. They now want to speed up the process with more cars being completed and ready to ship, so they are trying to get most, if not all of them installed prior to shipping, that way the PDI goes much quicker.
I'm curious if they've tested out the belts with the 300 horsepower tune?

Has anybody able to use 300 horsepower tune yet? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious if they've tested out the belts with the 300 horsepower tune?

Has anybody able to use 300 horsepower tune yet? 
The only testing I've seen was by Speed, and they didn't seem to have belt issues when they did, but we are seeing high belt temps, that some believe is due in part to the locations of the sensor. I don't know chit about belts though, I've never had a UTV.

As far as customers, it sounds like they are not being given the key to unlock that tune until they have over 500 miles, so I don't think anyone has 500 miles yet, but Chubacabra is getting close.

It's great to see RG's dream becoming a reality.

For a SxS  they seem really good so far

I am wondering how many people we keep them more the 3 years - thats the average people keep a RZR  today - I can only imagine these while well thought out are really going to be re designed with several revisions  over the next few years - people will upgrade - that will drive demand I think and first gen value will stay high if the numbers are limited and they are pretty good out of the gate,

I remember reading the story of the Bricklin SV-1  and the parallel's are pretty close  that car  came to market in just over 3 years with a small number of testers like RG did, and by car 2000  they had redesigned 1/2 the car, but they never changed the model number.

Unfortunately  they only made a little over 3.000 cars before it was all over - quality problems, outsource problems etc.  General management failure. They had something like 2,000 open orders when they shut it down

and the 500 before 100 continues! 

exciting stuff! When can I see one at my local So Cal dealer?
How close are you to Costa Mesa and the Sand Sport Show in Sept :lol:  - I bet you money somebody will have a Speed UTV For Sale, ready to take home at the show this year... :deal:

Back