Speed UTV

No, he said the ride height was too low and called the shop. They adjusted the ride height and that was it. 
It was copied/pasted from another forum:

I don't think it's a big deal, I dealt with it on the X3 a couple of times until it settled out.

Reactions: FOG
So is it the greatest suspension ever? 

Or just another saggy one?
For what we do: appears to be closer to correct than most. Other than all the electronics (and Polaris in general) giving me the piss shivers, the Pro R's Live Valve is tops overall just because of the instantaneous adjustments.  

No, he said the ride height was too low and called the shop. They adjusted the ride height and that was it. 
Believe he mentions springs sagging in the first video review he did. 

So is it the greatest suspension ever? 

Or just another saggy one?
Depends on who you ask.   Suspension does look good in the videos.  If it soaks up those chatter bumps at 25-35 mph, then 98% of the owners will be super happy.  

Springs are a wear item and I would not count saggy springs against Speed UTV because your trying to appease the mass majority.

They will never be set to 100% of who people want them and they will eventually wear out.

It's all the suspension geometry and design all around them that matters.

Stickers that peel off, "Accessory you didn't buy" stickers in blank spots of upgrades you didn't choose and Saggy Springs all fall into the "I don't care" section...but they do make for funny jokes on the web while we wish we were out riding.

Springs are a wear item and I would not count saggy springs against Speed UTV because your trying to appease the mass majority.

They will never be set to 100% of who people want them and they will eventually wear out.

Stickers that peel off, "Accessory you didn't buy" stickers in blank spots of upgrades you didn't choose and Saggy Springs all fall into the "I don't care" section...but they do make for funny jokes on the web while we wish we were out riding.
Depends: buy it new, ride height settles, and you readjust preload?  Meh, no big deal.

Buy it new, ride height settles, you readjust, it settles again, and again and again?  That means spring purchase in your near future since something is up with the spring itself. 

So far, this seems to be the former, not the latter.  @Sand Shark had the latter with his X3.

I would agree; however, when the almighty touts how much better his product is compared to the others the expectations are raised. 

Remember the mantra from the "deleters" was how you did not have to buy anything to make it better.   Now a spring kit is offered and bigger brakes.   

I guess those are things we get to LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why isn’t there any positive media from Speed?  Customers are getting their long awaited cars. 
You would think that Speed would be all over this with positive customer reviews.  If this is such a great UTV, wouldn’t we start seeing customer quotes acknowledging the superiority of the Speed UTV over other brands?

Why isn’t there any positive media from Speed?  Customers are getting their long awaited cars. 
You would think that Speed would be all over this with positive customer reviews.  If this is such a great UTV, wouldn’t we start seeing customer quotes acknowledging the superiority of the Speed UTV over other brands?
I am sure we will see more.   Some have been posting on FB or instagram.

I get that. But my question is, why aren’t we hearing anything from Speed UTV?
The have been posting about the customers picking them up.  Maybe in the next week they will start posting customers thoughts after they have some wheel time.

My guess is almost all the reviews will rave about the suspension. 

Regardless of the sag from OEM springs. Chupacabra already mentioned that OEM Speed without the upgraded coils said it handled better then his highly suspension tuned X3.  But a 2 seater does not handle whoops like a 4 seater either.  

Back