Speed UTV

I hope their staff and warehouses are ready for that volume...not to mention parts department.
I swear Todd Romano was the guy early on in productions securing dealers across the West. IMO Todd must have had a falling out with Robby cause that dude Todd has not been hear from in Months!  Dont count when he was at the grand opening of Havasu shop with RG.  Also dont count when he was racing Norra.  If Todd is still around you would think he'd be giving updates about the first dealers that are getting theirs.  You mean to tell me Coyne dont have ANY of the first few shipments of cars?  Oh well, at least my sand rail is back from Outfront and will rip the dunes in it another season.

What has happened to the updates and shows?

What’s up with the Speed UTV LS car?  Did it beat a Pro R in a drag race?

Hopefully some of the new owners get to ride their stuff this weekend...

Reactions: FOG
I swear Todd Romano was the guy early on in productions securing dealers across the West. IMO Todd must have had a falling out with Robby cause that dude Todd has not been hear from in Months!  Dont count when he was at the grand opening of Havasu shop with RG.  Also dont count when he was racing Norra.  If Todd is still around you would think he'd be giving updates about the first dealers that are getting theirs.  You mean to tell me Coyne dont have ANY of the first few shipments of cars?  Oh well, at least my sand rail is back from Outfront and will rip the dunes in it another season.

I have wondered the same thing.  It's been crickets from Todd and before december he was everywhere promoting speed.  Doing interviews, etc.  He even stopped doing the updates.

I am pretty sure Todd is still around just hanging in the background quietly.    Coyne I believe was the first dealership on board.   I thought RG said they wanted to get cars to the direct customers first before the dealerships, but this will likely change as they are going to need the dealerships to help.

If those 500 cars start showing up next month we will find out what the plan will be. 

Glad you got the rail running.   See you in the dunes next season. 

I am pretty sure Todd is still around just hanging in the background quietly.    Coyne I believe was the first dealership on board.   I thought RG said they wanted to get cars to the direct customers first before the dealerships, but this will likely change as they are going to need the dealerships to help.

If those 500 cars start showing up next month we will find out what the plan will be. 

Glad you got the rail running.   See you in the dunes next season. 
Every time they opened their mouths on things, it didn't come true.  I assume they finally did the smart thing and stopped. 

Sadly, it is not very unusual in the powersports industry to have models roll out before there are illustrated parts lists, and tech manuals ready, even by the established companies. It can be a real ballbuster.
Great excuse. I thought Speed was better than everyone else? 

Wow, you would think you guys would give it a F'n rest.... first it was a just a huge Scam and they were going to flee with the deposits, then it was crap parts, then it was shipping.... They built a car from NOTHING is less that 4 years.  The cars are bitchen according to their owners... and a bunch of you just want to trash talk Todd and Robby.... I bet they would both be more than happy to take your call if you want to call them and talk crap to them.... oh but that wouldn't be any fun.  

Wow, you would think you guys would give it a F'n rest.... first it was a just a huge Scam and they were going to flee with the deposits, then it was crap parts, then it was shipping.... They built a car from NOTHING is less that 4 years.  The cars are bitchen according to their owners... and a bunch of you just want to trash talk Todd and Robby.... I bet they would both be more than happy to take your call if you want to call them and talk crap to them.... oh but that wouldn't be any fun.  
It’s impressive. The car is cool.

Most (like me) just had a problem with Robby and the Acolytes continually shitting on the other brands before they’d even turned the lights on at the plant, as well as the constant outright lies.

The price difference between an X3/XPT (which this car was compared to when this all started) and a Speed is basically 2x at this point. It better be better.  

I have yet to see a post on here where someone said it was a scam. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay Fanboy👌🏻😂

Yep 

Most (like me) just had a problem with Robby and the Acolytes continually shitting on the other brands
I’m so confused with this. I get some of you guys get your feelings hurt when he does a comparison of his cars to what’s out there. You call it “shitting on” or talking trash. But show me where he talked trash. Yes, I’ve watched all the videos. Remember when Trump called Covid 19 the China Virus and many got upset with it? He said “because It comes from CHina.”  Was he lying? Some were offended. Was he talking trash? RG is the same. 

When he shows the difference in shocks or track width scrub or the tiny ball joints others are using and how those are dangerous, you get upset with him?? Go get upset with the mfgs that are making sub par parts and making huge profits at yours and your families expense. Tell them to put better cages for safety reasons. Use some thicker tubing and gussets so we don’t have to have chassis failures. You’d think you’d be happy he’s building the car you all want and calling out the big dogs for not doing it a long time ago. Sorry you guys get hurt over it, I get it. When I had my sand car some people explained to me how certain things weren’t correct. And I got upset thinking they too were talking trash. (They’ve never built anything before) But then some said, what upsetting is that the builder never evolved and made the car better from a geometry standpoint. They just kept pumping them out making money along the way. That made me think and they were right. This was just a small mom and pop built car so I’ll give them a pass. But what about Polaris and Can-Ams or the others? They should know how to build a better safer car by now? Profits are more important than your safety. At least RG is trying and yes his personality rubs some the wrong way big deal. Can’t believe some of you guys are still in this thread.  Get over it. 

I’m so confused with this. I get some of you guys get your feelings hurt when he does a comparison of his cars to what’s out there. You call it “shitting on” or talking trash. But show me where he talked trash. Yes, I’ve watched all the videos. Remember when Trump called Covid 19 the China Virus and many got upset with it? He said “because It comes from CHina.”  Was he lying? Some were offended. Was he talking trash? RG is the same. 

When he shows the difference in shocks or track width scrub or the tiny ball joints others are using and how those are dangerous, you get upset with him?? Go get upset with the mfgs that are making sub par parts and making huge profits at yours and your families expense. Tell them to put better cages for safety reasons. Use some thicker tubing and gussets so we don’t have to have chassis failures. You’d think you’d be happy he’s building the car you all want and calling out the big dogs for not doing it a long time ago. Sorry you guys get hurt over it, I get it. When I had my sand car some people explained to me how certain things weren’t correct. And I got upset thinking they too were talking trash. (They’ve never built anything before) But then some said, what upsetting is that the builder never evolved and made the car better from a geometry standpoint. They just kept pumping them out making money along the way. That made me think and they were right. This was just a small mom and pop built car so I’ll give them a pass. But what about Polaris and Can-Ams or the others? They should know how to build a better safer car by now? Profits are more important than your safety. At least RG is trying and yes his personality rubs some the wrong way big deal. Can’t believe some of you guys are still in this thread.  Get over it. 
You got it chief!! 😂

Nearly all bolded above is either false, or hyperbole spoken by him. And repeated here.

1. Track width change doesn’t cause cars to roll over. I went over this in depth, but in short: when the track width is narrow, the suspension is fully drooped with zero load on the tires, so no real way for the car to go over. In steady state cornering, the outside track increases, inside track decreases, leaving it about the same. There isn’t a “jacking moment” and the car doesn’t roll. Does track width change cause some shimmy and loss of compliance? Yep. Are cars rolling over left and right because of it? Nope. Absolute hyperbole from RG.

2. Ball joints aren’t great. But neither are rod ends. If Speed’s control arms terminated in uniballs, he’d have a leg to stand on. They aren’t, so he just made it sorta better (shank of the rod end is thicker than the ball joint, but the spindle has more leverage and the shank is threaded).

3. Shocks? Fox IBPs are pretty damned good. Are Speed’s better? Maybe? Seem to have better stock valving for desert, but same spring sag issues. A shock tune and spring kit (way less than $20k) makes a 4 seater handle pretty good through the whoops. 

4. Sub par parts? How has Robby proven to be better? I can count on half of one hand the number of failed parts (including belts) on the 3 Can Ams in camp over 6 seasons and 15,000 miles now. The RZRs eat belts more, but otherwise have been fine.  I’ve seen more published failures from the same number of user cars in a couple of weeks as I have the cars in camp I always get called over to help fix.

5. The stock cages suck… but they’re not the death traps Robby says they are. 2 of the Can Ams in camp have rolled on stock cages. Both cages are still 100% intact. They aren’t competition cages, but fawk, there’s a $20k+ difference in price. I can get a whole TIG’d cage and all the chassis braces, shock tuning, and still have a wad of cash left over. I can also go to nearly any powersports dealer and buy parts. I’m not telling Can Am to make better cages, I’ll just buy one. 

Let’s not even get started on the complete and utter bullshit timeline. A timeline that all of The Deleters called me an idiot for questioning. 

Coyne has a bunch ordered. My master number is high 100s through them. 
conference call last week was that they should start getting them in the next big shipment that is “headed” to Texas and then to customers and dealers. 
we are expecting July - Aug. the Havasu deal was for the early experience folks. Notice all those customers live real close to it. That facility will basically become a dealership/flagship office for Speed. 

Back