Speed UTV

Having someone bolt a cage on in the US with 8 per container vs. 4 per container?  8 in a container all day.  1 guy could do a cages in a day.  Save the freight costs of an entire container for 1 dude's day worth of labor.
I assume someone did the cost:benefit on this and it came up a wash. Dude assembling isn’t cheap and shipping has gone down a lot.

Having someone bolt a cage on in the US with 8 per container vs. 4 per container?  8 in a container all day.  1 guy could do a cages in a day.  Save the freight costs of an entire container for 1 dude's day worth of labor.
FWIW, the first shipmen to 12 cars came double stacked and they fit 6 in a container. They are never going to get 8 in a container.

I assume someone did the cost:benefit on this and it came up a wash. Dude assembling isn’t cheap and shipping has gone down a lot.
They will figure out that Polarass and AC use 3PL companies and do some final assembly at "cross docking" facilities. Not endorsing the practice BTW. Cheap help, cheap results.

There is no way that one assembly dude's daily pay is more than a container across the pacific. Even if he pays one of the techs from the race team to do it...   IF Robby has a person doing cost analysis in this area, he needs to find a new one.

If every other company in this scope is sending them over in a crate with final assembly at the destination, it must be the most cost effective way.

FWIW, the first shipmen to 12 cars came double stacked and they fit 6 in a container. They are never going to get 8 in a container.
Ok,  Still double without a cage.

They will figure out that Polarass and AC use 3PL companies and do some final assembly at "cross docking" facilities. Not endorsing the practice BTW. Cheap help, cheap results.

If they get all the accessories a person orders installed at the factory there is not a lot of prep needed when they arrive in the U.S.   It could take a tech 1-2 hours to assemble the cage and get the cars ready. 

How many people had "issues" with the final prep on their utvs... pretty much EVERY person I know that bought new had issues... Wires, bolts, nuts....

There is no way that one assembly dude's daily pay is more than a container across the pacific. Even if he pays one of the techs from the race team to do it...   IF Robby has a person doing cost analysis in this area, he needs to find a new one.

If every other company in this scope is sending them over in a crate with final assembly at the destination, it must be the most cost effective way.

Ok,  Still double without a cage.
I’m talking about the fully burdened cost: facility, HR, workman’s comp, all of it. Robby doesn’t have a large US facility, and was storing containers in the parking lot, so he’s probably doing this until dealers start taking over.

That, or they suck at logistics. Dunno, but they used to do it at Havasu, now they don’t. I assume there has to be some sort of reason…

How many people had "issues" with the final prep on their utvs... pretty much EVERY person I know that bought new had issues... Wires, bolts, nuts....
Initial recall for the power steering was all. Not really a nut and bolt issue, but a grease spec issue

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I do understand what your saying, both of my new rzr’s had no prep issues.

Any significant Speed UTV Updates?

I saw video of RG 2 wheeling a STT at the LBGP . . .  :strokeit:

I had no issues with my 2021 X3.   My 2018 had some funky thinks they did like dip the spark plugs in a white paste cause misfire codes and a pinched vent line for the case tank. 

Any significant Speed UTV Updates?

I saw video of RG 2 wheeling a STT at the LBGP . . .  :strokeit:
I was in Cabo and no sightings of Speed UTV down there.   

I believe the customer cars in Havasu are receiving there new transmissions.  

Back