Speed UTV

Robby and Todd were not there  because they are packing to flee the country with all the deposit holders Money..... any day now they are gone with the wind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Technically RG is out of country and in the China desert.  LOL!

Coming home from Glamis yesterday going up the 86 I did not spot any race Speed UTVs coming back from San Felipe 250.  Did see a group of Brenthal race trucks through. 

So I see Nick did his review video of the Speed UTV and RG was out in the China desert testing a Bandit.   Wonder if they are gen 4 transmission yet. 

Coming home from Glamis yesterday going up the 86 I did not spot any race Speed UTVs coming back from San Felipe 250.  Did see a group of Brenthal race trucks through. 

So I see Nick did his review video of the Speed UTV and RG was out in the China desert testing a Bandit.   Wonder if they are gen 4 transmission yet. 
Testing 2 speed Powerglide...

On 3/31/2023 at 10:02 AM, jginsandiego said:

I think that was a good review for Speed. The only thing that broke was a belt. Which is a big improvement over other outings. 
It seemed his biggest concern were the brakes with 35” tires. So his suggestion was to upgrade the brakes.

I have 32” tires on beadlock wheels and they weigh just over 59 lbs. The circumference of a 35” tire is about 9.5” more than a 32” tire which will add some weight, but I don’t know how much. 
Maybe the Speed 35” tire is made from a special RG patented lightweight material. 

I think that was a good review for Speed. The only thing that broke was a belt. Which is a big improvement over other outings. 
It seemed his biggest concern were the brakes with 35” tires. So his suggestion was to upgrade the brakes.

I have 32” tires on beadlock wheels and they weigh just over 59 lbs. The circumference of a 35” tire is about 9.5” more than a 32” tire which will add some weight, but I don’t know how much. 
Maybe the Speed 35” tire is made from a special RG patented lightweight material. 
His review was good.  He said the car handled well and suspension was good.  Ride height he felt was a little low (maybe the stock springs are sagging).   I am wondering if the steering wheel feedback he talked about is worse with the 35" tires versus the 32" tires.  

Belt snapping is part of UTV life, but usually do not see them breaking out in the desert much.  I know RG and Max have broken a few racing.  Belts breaking is more a sand thing. Hopefully that is not an issue. 

Sounded like the car needed some clutch work to accommodate the 35" tires.  

Overall I think the owners will have a solid machine once they get all the bugs worked out. 

Reactions: FOG
His review was good.  He said the car handled well and suspension was good.  Ride height he felt was a little low (maybe the stock springs are sagging).   I am wondering if the steering wheel feedback he talked about is worse with the 35" tires versus the 32" tires.  

Belt snapping is part of UTV life, but usually do not see them breaking out in the desert much.  I know RG and Max have broken a few racing.  Belts breaking is more a sand thing. Hopefully that is not an issue. 

Sounded like the car needed some clutch work to accommodate the 35" tires.  

Overall I think the owners will have a solid machine once they get all the bugs worked out. 
For some of us that drive the less popular brands, belt snapping is NOT part of our UTV life. 
It’s just an extra beer stop.  🍻 

Back