Speed UTV

The videos show the Vietnam plant was hustling along before the trans failure. 

It would have done Robby a great service to just show that when it was happening and quell so much of the angst from folks asking what was going on...

At some point none of it will mater when cars get delivered and they work as they should.
Yes sir the thing is most people that have one on order are not freaking out as much as the people who never had an interest in it or still hate it to this day. I won’t say that about every single person but definitely the majority. I will leave this one alone but I again agree with you. Lotta cool videos this weekend just give it some time, managing expectations in life is a big deal on a variety of levels. 

2500 cars per month, is there really that many people interested in these things? even if it was the best out there, im not sure i'd be selling mine to buy one. 

2500 cars per month, is there really that many people interested in these things? even if it was the best out there, im not sure i'd be selling mine to buy one. 
not sure how many units popo or canam sold but considering Textron sold less then 10k cars in a year, not likely needed but who knows good to have the ability just in case

also when the OHV areas tout numbers of visitors it's the 2.3:1 rule right? so if 75,000 cars are counted they tout 172,500 visitors. Now think about that even if every family bought a speed (no popo's or canams) that's 30 months at full speed to produce a car for every family, they would need more production then the 2500.

That is "max production". Maybe in years if they get traction and do well. But I would think they need to get a solid foundation/track record of cars out there before they would ever see those kind of numbers. The kool-aid drinkers have all ordered, now proof will need to be built before the regular guy buys them.

2500 a month would have them caught up with the 18,000 orders in less than a year.  I would think a realistic goal would be 500 - 1000 a month once they get all the dealers set up and have all the logistics of warehousing them and the parts.   

I saw that RG lent Nick Olsen the number 18 Speed UTV over the weekend.  I am sure he will do a youtube video.  

Reactions: FOG
2500 a month would have them caught up with the 18,000 orders in less than a year.  I would think a realistic goal would be 500 - 1000 a month once they get all the dealers set up and have all the logistics of warehousing them and the parts.   

I saw that RG lent Nick Olsen the number 18 Speed UTV over the weekend.  I am sure he will do a youtube video.  
I assume if  the chassis and drivetrain prove themselves to be worthy of the hype, sales will easily keep that factory mostly busy. 

That is "max production". Maybe in years if they get traction and do well. But I would think they need to get a solid foundation/track record of cars out there before they would ever see those kind of numbers. The kool-aid drinkers have all ordered, now proof will need to be built before the regular guy buys them.
I agree. Once the cars prove themselves they will start flying. That’s also with the way things are now. If Polaris comes out with the race PRO R and CanAm comes out with their new ride, things may change. Either way, I hope you guys get your cars soon. 

All this is saying is that you can't do the PCI upgrade thru PCI if you are in the first 1000 cars. 

You can order the car without a radio and install whatever you want in it, or you could order it with the standard radio, and not upgrade to a PCI radio.

IF you want to upgrade to the PCI radio, or the Trax system from PCI, you need to work with Speed if you are in the first 1000 cars.
You are wrong. I’m the 1700 and called speed to upgrade my system right after that was posted and no answer . Guessing they were at the Mint and finally when I did get ahold of them on Thursday after Mint they Said no, you still upgrade through PCI. This is after i told them that RG had said it was upgradable through speed if it was after 1k. 🤷🏻‍♂️ everything’s a Effing mess as usual .🤷🏻‍♂️ I had to re-register to get back in and I see a lot of the OG’s still here. You moofer remember me??? 😅.🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone see the tour of speed factory on trophyburro ig acct?  Looked like he had 500+ chassis there and a HUGE production facility.....

Is there anything special about the number 18 car?

Does it have the new transmission installed?  What’s the difference between it and the other cars that customers got to drive?

Is there anything special about the number 18 car?

Does it have the new transmission installed?  What’s the difference between it and the other cars that customers got to drive?
It has the new transmission.  He let Nick from Chupracabra drive for the weekend.  Probably felt bad his car has been sitting in the Havasu location since President's weekend waiting to get the new transmission and I assume they already fixed his wiring harness.

Also Nick does good videos so it would be good for Speed UTV to get videos from others. 

Please don’t take this the wrong way but my thoughts are your buddies aren’t very good drivers. Every car you drive handles differently. I know that you already know this. So if they came from a dialed in sand car and try to drive a SXS the same way you will end up on your lid. If you over drive a SXS you will end up on your lid. If you just plain run out of talent you will end up on your lid. No matter what brand you buy, any of these scenarios, will put you on your lid. A good driver knows these and either rides the line or backs off a little. Or, if money isn’t an issue, just drives the crap out of it knowing at any moment it will get laid over or break not caring. Which category do they fall in? It’s the same as blowing belts on these cars. You either learn to drive a cvt and you can make the belt last or you just mash the throttle til the belt breaks. If you are the guy breaking belts, most of the time it’s just driver error and can be fixed by paying attention to your car. Just like a race car. You can’t expect to drive wide open from start to finish without expecting something to break. 
Your point is well taken - while I do think many SxS and Sand Car drivers are not well experienced and run out of skill before running out of power.  They just lack seat time .

In our case its really our fault - they are trying to keep up with the Sand Cars in the way we drive.   Thta is not to say that if we started the same time from say Roadrunner to Olds in a Sandcar  and a SXS one would get there faster, and in fact I would bet the SxS would win that (unless its John from Outfront in the sand car ) its driving style. My Limited SxS experience (driving the wife's RZR) if you are smooth and steady and paying attention - it  is pretty hard to flip or destroy a belt, but in most high HP sand cars we drive like a line from "the fast and furious" I live my like a 1/4 mile at a time... we want that rollcoaster rush  so you are on and off the gas alot and push the G forces up the hill and do the 10-90 ballisric run on the straights  - sure its a bit insane, but 1000+ HP is like that

I don't see the SPEED changing that  - Maybe a bit more predictable and a bit more like a 2 stroke on the pipe with that Turbo and e85  - 

I cannot wait to get behind the wheel of one and try it out

On that subject has anyone heard if any of the SxS rental companies signed up to buy Speed's? 

I would be surprised if rental companies picked these up.  They usually want the most reliable thing, not the fastest thing.

2500 a month would have them caught up with the 18,000 orders in less than a year.  I would think a realistic goal would be 500 -j 1000 a month once they get all the dealers set up and have all the logistics of warehousing them and the parts.   

Noel you are the second person who mentioned Nick getting to run around in the number 18! Is that his car or a RG owned car...I've lost track of numbers and whos and elJefe now Bandit, and finally Diablos lol.  

Noel you are the second person who mentioned Nick getting to run around in the number 18! Is that his car or a RG owned car...I've lost track of numbers and whos and elJefe now Bandit, and finally Diablos lol.  
That is RGs car he is keeping.   He let Nick use it last weekend.  

Back