Speed UTV

Illegal and a quick complaint to the DMV will solve it. Even just threatening the dealers license will usually do. He got took for that money. There's no rental agreement or finalized sale. There's nowhere to put that money accounting wise. Bastards.
I got a friend who wanted to buy a truck on his own, with out his dad's help many years ago. His dad said don't fall for any of their BS, and you don't need an extended warranty. so he does the deal, feels good about it, goes to his dad and gives him the paperwork. He said I told you not to buy the extended warranty, and he said I didn't. Dad says yes you did you signed it right here. Brent said that's not my signature (his writing was like a 2nd grader and easily spotted lol), the salesman or finance guy forged his name,  so dad goes up to the dealership, got the head guy in charge, said you have 24hours before I go to the news stations.

In 24 hours he had a truck free and clear!

I got a friend who wanted to buy a truck on his own, with out his dad's help many years ago. His dad said don't fall for any of their BS, and you don't need an extended warranty. so he does the deal, feels good about it, goes to his dad and gives him the paperwork. He said I told you not to buy the extended warranty, and he said I didn't. Dad says yes you did you signed it right here. Brent said that's not my signature (his writing was like a 2nd grader and easily spotted lol), the salesman or finance guy forged his name,  so dad goes up to the dealership, got the head guy in charge, said you have 24hours before I go to the news stations.

In 24 hours he had a truck free and clear!
wow!

So I wonder ..... How many Speed holders have bought different UTVs since this has taken so long. Do we then see a glut of used cars coming up for sale since the Speed will be better than a sliced bread. 

So I wonder ..... How many Speed holders have bought different UTVs since this has taken so long. Do we then see a glut of used cars coming up for sale since the Speed will be better than a sliced bread. 
I am pretty encouraged we'll see Speed cars tooling around in 2023. 

I am not sure the possibly couple hundred cars coming out will affect the used SxS market  pricing, although the people that usually pay cash for the cars did line up for Speed's and unless people get buy used SxS's on good credit terms we might see some downward price pressure  .. what do you think?

I am pretty encouraged we'll see Speed cars tooling around in 2023. 

I am not sure the possibly couple hundred cars coming out will affect the used SxS market  pricing, although the people that usually pay cash for the cars did line up for Speed's and unless people get buy used SxS's on good credit terms we might see some downward price pressure  .. what do you think?
That's what I was wondering. And I think it'll be more than a couple hundred cars if he can get everything ironed out. How many of these cars are actually on order? Anyone know? I remember hearing it was a pretty big number.

That's what I was wondering. And I think it'll be more than a couple hundred cars if he can get everything ironed out. How many of these cars are actually on order? Anyone know? I remember hearing it was a pretty big number.
His production I believe will have stops ansd starts if he gets 500 this year I would be surprised

All I know is There will be cars in Glamis this season!  And if the numbers play out correctly and no more big problems, I will have my Eljefe in October!!  But Im a realist and predict it coming in January instead.  Regardless I will be happy to hit the dunes and back in the desert riding. 

20 hours ago, WheresHotBoat said:

You're videos are of "wave pulse" Not "stitch pulse"

Word. That’s a long weld on thin sheetmetal, unlikely to be structural. For .120” MS tubing, more trouble than it’s worth and purely for cosmetics. I said that in my post. :biggrin:

Also, per the video description “for TIG-like weld appearance”. 

I did something I never do, I wasted 6 hours and searched around this morning gathering info about the thoughts on Speeds progress to get some different opinions especially on if people think they will be selling their "other" SxS's now...

Overall I would say from what I read there will not be a mass exodus from Pole-Larrys and Canned Hams over to Speed anytime soon, and every "rationale human" on those forums seems to be in agreement that if they are considering a new car, Speed is definitely going to be on the list - and IMO it absolutely should be on top 

Of course the "true believers"  that mostly or completely abandoned this forum are taking HUGE victory laps and are most are  completely obnoxious with I told you so - and nothing will touch it, its a game changer, bow at the alter of RG, and way worse Kool Aid and sucking up ... Its a little early for that boys  ....

I doubt that narrative is going to change anyone's mind.  Like we always said in my racing days - the BS stops when the green flag drops. Then again Biden got 81 Million votes (?)  so anything is possible

After having ridden a Pro R in the desert, its pretty darn good... Dunes IMO, well its not a sand car and every one in my crew rolled more than once this season.  (most of the Canned hams too .. so)  If the RG Dream Car can stay shining side up in the Dunes with average drivers over a dozen rides   - I think you will see "Dune first" people moving to that car in large numbers  ... but to validate that, RG needs hundreds of cars out there first  - so 2024 at the earliest IMO to know whether its the one to beat in the Dunes

what do you think ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did something I never do, I wasted 6 hours and searched around this morning gathering info about the thoughts on Speeds progress to get some different opinions especially on if people think they will be selling their "other" SxS's now...

Overall I would say from what I read there will not be a mass exodus from Pole-Larrys and Canned Hams over to Speed anytime soon, and every "rationale human" on those forums seems to be in agreement that if they are considering a new car, Speed is definitely going to be on the list - and IMO it absolutely should be on top 

Of course the "true believers"  that mostly or completely abandoned this forum are taking HUGE victory laps and are most are  completely obnoxious with I told you so - and nothing will touch it, its a game changer, bow at the alter of RG, and way worse Kool Aid and sucking up ... Its a little early for that boys  ....

I doubt that narrative is going to change anyone's mind.  Like we always said in my racing days - the BS stops when the green flag drops. Then again Biden got 81 Million votes (?)  so anything is possible

After having ridden a Pro R in the desert, its pretty darn good... Dunes IMO, well its not a sand car and every one in my crew rolled more than once this season.  (most of the Canned hams too .. so)  If the RG Dream Car can stay shining side up in the Dunes with average drivers over a dozen rides   - I think you will see "Dune first" people moving to that car in large numbers  ... but to validate that, RG needs hundreds of cars out there first  - so 2024 at the earliest IMO to know whether its the one to beat in the Dunes

what do you think ?
Please don’t take this the wrong way but my thoughts are your buddies aren’t very good drivers. Every car you drive handles differently. I know that you already know this. So if they came from a dialed in sand car and try to drive a SXS the same way you will end up on your lid. If you over drive a SXS you will end up on your lid. If you just plain run out of talent you will end up on your lid. No matter what brand you buy, any of these scenarios, will put you on your lid. A good driver knows these and either rides the line or backs off a little. Or, if money isn’t an issue, just drives the crap out of it knowing at any moment it will get laid over or break not caring. Which category do they fall in? It’s the same as blowing belts on these cars. You either learn to drive a cvt and you can make the belt last or you just mash the throttle til the belt breaks. If you are the guy breaking belts, most of the time it’s just driver error and can be fixed by paying attention to your car. Just like a race car. You can’t expect to drive wide open from start to finish without expecting something to break. 

Please don’t take this the wrong way but my thoughts are your buddies aren’t very good drivers. Every car you drive handles differently. I know that you already know this. So if they came from a dialed in sand car and try to drive a SXS the same way you will end up on your lid. If you over drive a SXS you will end up on your lid. If you just plain run out of talent you will end up on your lid. No matter what brand you buy, any of these scenarios, will put you on your lid. A good driver knows these and either rides the line or backs off a little. Or, if money isn’t an issue, just drives the crap out of it knowing at any moment it will get laid over or break not caring. Which category do they fall in? It’s the same as blowing belts on these cars. You either learn to drive a cvt and you can make the belt last or you just mash the throttle til the belt breaks. If you are the guy breaking belts, most of the time it’s just driver error and can be fixed by paying attention to your car. Just like a race car. You can’t expect to drive wide open from start to finish without expecting something to break. 
I learned the SxS lesson the hard way first ride. Lol. 

Eventually, you learn, one way or another.

Wow Robbie posted more videos today than the haters on GD. Korea, Vietnam, now China soon off to Mongolia to do some more testing in the sand dunes.
The videos are pretty cool and encouraging.   

Reactions: FOG
The videos show the Vietnam plant was hustling along before the trans failure. 

It would have done Robby a great service to just show that when it was happening and quell so much of the angst from folks asking what was going on...

At some point none of it will mater when cars get delivered and they work as they should.

Back