Speed UTV

I’m sure ALL of them are fine with that. 
After all they got to meet RG in person and go on one of his private tours. Not to mention sitting around the campfire with him eating leftover hotdogs and s’mores. 
Priceless!!!
Well, not exactly priceless.

I was under the impression you had to drive it off the lot. I remember a salesman trying to get me to drive mine off the lot before some repairs were done and I didn't understand why until someone told me
I would think it would depend on who’s complaining. But for the purposes of this thread I can only assume Robby is going around and saying he’s delivered the first batch of cars. If docs were signed, interest is accruing, and monthly payments are now due I can only assume that those loans have funded and he’s been paid.

I was under the impression you had to drive it off the lot. I remember a salesman trying to get me to drive mine off the lot before some repairs were done and I didn't understand why until someone told me
What lot? Is that place even a legal dealer? Has registration been done on the vehicles? If it’s got a loan on it , it has to be registered per the bank. With the bank as lien holder. Unless the loans are personal or Cc loans. 

I would think it would depend on who’s complaining. But for the purposes of this thread I can only assume Robby is going around and saying he’s delivered the first batch of cars. If docs were signed, interest is accruing, and monthly payments are now due I can only assume that those loans have funded and he’s been paid.
Loans will not fund without the vehicle being registered. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Loans will not fund without the vehicle being registered. 
Another incorrect statement. This is what those temporary tags were that go on the corner of windshields. Now known as paper plates. Lenders will fund all day on the premise that the registration is coming down the line. Usually up to 90 days. Does Speed have a dealer license in Arizona? They don't need to be carb approved there. My guess is, those deals are done and funded. 

Reactions: FOG
Another incorrect statement. This is what those temporary tags were that go on the corner of windshields. Now known as paper plates. Lenders will fund all day on the premise that the registration is coming down the line. Usually up to 90 days. Does Speed have a dealer license in Arizona? They don't need to be carb approved there. My guess is, those deals are done and funded. 
No chit?
Temp tags have numbers that come from the dmv. Also known as a TLP in California. Arizona not sure. Although in order to be funded by every bank I’ve ever dealt with, that temp tag is also sent to the bank with rest of the docs. 

No chit?
Temp tags have numbers that come from the dmv. Also known as a TLP in California. Arizona not sure. Although in order to be funded by every bank I’ve ever dealt with, that temp tag is also sent to the bank with rest of the docs. 
Right! But answer me this is the vehicle really fully registered with that temp tag? Not quite. It's just a promissory note that reg will be completed and satisfies the lender for the time being. That's only speaking on funding without reg right? Because there is no possible way to register all those cars the lots let roll instantly without a completed title in the owners name. This is where the temp tag comes in, and I had funded many a deals this way. Sometimes, same day wire. 

Right! But answer me this is the vehicle really fully registered with that temp tag? Not quite. It's just a promissory note that reg will be completed and satisfies the lender for the time being. That's only speaking on funding without reg right? Because there is no possible way to register all those cars the lots let roll instantly without a completed title in the owners name. This is where the temp tag comes in, and I had funded many a deals this way. Sometimes, same day wire. 
It's also not uncommon for a potential car buyer to have to return the car to the dealer because the financing wasn't approved come Monday.  

Saw this morning that RG has landed in Vietnam.   Factory tour, presentation, and new hopes coming soon.  

I assume the bank will call everyone in the office twice every day until the registration paperwork arrives if it's been a month, no? :biggrin:

Saw this morning that RG has landed in Vietnam.   Factory tour, presentation, and new hopes coming soon.  
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Last edited by a moderator:

If ^^ is true, and yore one of the early punters who has said financing, it must really suck to be making payments on a car you don't have in yore garage and no verified timeline for when this will happen   . . .

If ^^ is true, and yore one of the early punters who has said financing, it must really suck to be making payments on a car you don't have in yore garage and no verified timeline for when this will happen   . . .
Been there with my Ford.  Luckily they credited my payments and extended my warranty as atonement.  Think Speed will do the same?

Been there with my Ford.  Luckily they credited my payments and extended my warranty as atonement.  Think Speed will do the same?
Speed said they would extend the warranty on those cars.  No way they are crediting payments. 

Rumor is the 9 cars will have the new transmissions installed and ready to go by end of April.  Far cry from the it will be fixed in a few weeks. 

Video of RG meeting with the new QC people 

image.gif

Exactly. But it is hard to shed too many tears for them as Anyone crazy enough to sign docs knowing that they won't be able to take it home is crazy...

Speed said they would extend the warranty on those cars.  No way they are crediting payments. 

Rumor is the 9 cars will have the new transmissions installed and ready to go by end of April.  Far cry from the it will be fixed in a few weeks. 

View attachment 63651
Aligns perfectly with my previous Robby Time equation, LOL.

View attachment 63651
Well Ford has their own credit enterprise, so they could simply credit the payments. Robby would have to cut checks to the banks to make this happen. 

Well Ford has their own credit enterprise, so they could simply credit the payments. Robby would have to cut checks to the banks to make this happen. 
I financed through my CU since the rates were cheaper at the time.  Ford sent me a check.

Fair enough. I still don't see Robbie cutting checks to customers though. 
Yep.  Either way, "launching" these by making people buy them when they knew they weren't ready, then holding them in the shop 2-3x as long as promised, isn't a great look.

Back