Speed UTV

I would say the 9 customer cars that are sitting in Havasu will be the testers of the new transmission along with RG.   That is if they get enough of the newly designed transmission out before it gets too hot to do any testing. 

At this point he mights as well just tell the customers the new goal is the 500 cars by the end of the year. 
i would not want to use my "new car" as the test bed for the manufactures R&D, so would that be Speed doing the testing? like someone else beating up the owners car to find and weak areas?, their fuel, etc? or is that the owner taking days out of their schedule to drive their own cars somewhere other than where they would want to drive them (like on their own trips)?

i would not want to use my "new car" as the test bed for the manufactures R&D, so would that be Speed doing the testing? like someone else beating up the owners car to find and weak areas?, their fuel, etc? or is that the owner taking days out of their schedule to drive their own cars somewhere other than where they would want to drive them (like on their own trips)?
It would be the customers taking out their rides.   Those 9 cars sitting in Havasu are in essence additional testers for Speed.   Unfortunately other than the few days they got to drive them they have been parked for the transmission and some to fix other issues that popped up during the initial ride days. 

If I were a deposit holder I would be very happy having a higher master number.  By the time you get your Speed UTV all the major issues should be ironed out.  

Speed does not have the manpower the big manufactures have to hire vehicle testers and do all the pre-release market testing. 

It really is impressive how far RG and Speed have come when you consider everything was a ground up build and they only have a dozen or so guys working on the project. 

Reactions: FOG
OEMs put 50-100lbs of computer hardware in their mules to datalog EXACTLY what happened when something failed...  

It would be the customers taking out their rides.   Those 9 cars sitting in Havasu are in essence additional testers for Speed.   Unfortunately other than the few days they got to drive them they have been parked for the transmission and some to fix other issues that popped up during the initial ride days. 

If I were a deposit holder I would be very happy having a higher master number.  By the time you get your Speed UTV all the major issues should be ironed out.  

Speed does not have the manpower the big manufactures have to hire vehicle testers and do all the pre-release market testing. 

It really is impressive how far RG and Speed have come when you consider everything was a ground up build and they only have a dozen or so guys working on the project. 
How far they’ve come? They’re not even close to being ready for sale. 
My prediction, complete failure and meltdown is in process. 

I was in San Diego one day and saw an airplane flying unusual patterns. I used the MyRadar App and it listed "Voodoo1" as a Chemtrail aircraft, flying above me. I did some more research and found it has tanks, on board for releasing chemicals. That article no longer exists, for some reason. 

Voodoo Contrails over Los Angeles – Contrail Science

Nevermind the "chemtrails" they do not exist, just look into my pen.
FirmImmenseHamadryad-max-1mb.gif

I would say the 9 customer cars that are sitting in Havasu will be the testers of the new transmission along with RG.   That is if they get enough of the newly designed transmission out before it gets too hot to do any testing. 

At this point he mights as well just tell the customers the new goal is the 500 cars by the end of the year. 
Are you saying that the 500 cars scheduled for May are now being delayed until the trans is fixed, installed in the Havasu customer cars and then re-tested?

A smart man would start looking at what it would take to slap a 2D and Subi motor into one of these things, because I can see a day where you will be able to buy a Speed UTV minus drivetrain soon.
I agree. I like the suspension and the way it sits at full droop as opposed to the Polaris. They usually call a car without a drivetrain a 'glider' and I think there'd be a market for SPEED there.

abc

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you saying that the 500 cars scheduled for May are now being delayed until the trans is fixed, installed in the Havasu customer cars and then re-tested?
Who knows at this point.   Allegedly there were additional cars that were on their way from China and on the boat a few weeks after those 12 cars made it to Havasu.  There has been nothing showing they arrived.  Were they on the boat and sent back or we they never on the boat?

RG post a few videos of him and the crew smashing the rocks in JV and the speed crowd does this

Yay.mp4

At this point I would not expect any major shipment of cars until the end of the year. 

Attachments

Who knows at this point.   Allegedly there were additional cars that were on their way from China and on the boat a few weeks after those 12 cars made it to Havasu.  There has been nothing showing they arrived.  Were they on the boat and sent back or we they never on the boat?

RG post a few videos of him and the crew smashing the rocks in JV and the speed crowd does this

Yay.mp4 64.59 kB · 0 downloads

At this point I would not expect any major shipment of cars until the end of the year. 
Hey, other OEMs use dudes in labcoats and test engineers in controlled environments for years to iron as much out as possible before thousands of hours of field testing with more engineers (and still fail to get everything), Robby has his teenage son smash it against some rocks for an hour and calls it good. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, other OEMs use dudes in labcoats and test engineers in controlled environments for years to iron as much out as possible before thousands of hours of field testing with more engineers (and still fail to get everything), Robby has his teenage son smash it against some rocks for an hour and calls it good. :biggrin:
LMAO!!!   

Yay.mp4 64.59 kB · 0 downloads

When they identified the transmission issue, they halted shipping the next batch, and the shipment after that, and so forth. 

Robby stated that after the Mint, and the KOH testing, that the 3rd revision of the trans has been approved and they are back to production. I believe he sad the next back of cars would be here mid April now, end of April, and then 500 arriving in May.

When they identified the transmission issue, they halted shipping the next batch, and the shipment after that, and so forth. 

Robby stated that after the Mint, and the KOH testing, that the 3rd revision of the trans has been approved and they are back to production. I believe he sad the next back of cars would be here mid April now, end of April, and then 500 arriving in May.
Do you recall him saying after the first 12 arrived that the next round of 12 was on the ship and heading to the U.S.? 

I do not see how he can get the 500 done in May if they just approved the transmission changes.  It is going to take time to get the production up and running.    I think he will be asking for warranty trouble if he gets those 500 out to customers by the end of May or June.  

I think it would be best to get the 9 customer cars up and running so those customers can go out and drive them/further testing.   I would want to make sure no other issues pop up that can be fixed before a batch of 500 show up.

Do you recall him saying after the first 12 arrived that the next round of 12 was on the ship and heading to the U.S.? 

I do not see how he can get the 500 done in May if they just approved the transmission changes.  It is going to take time to get the production up and running.    I think he will be asking for warranty trouble if he gets those 500 out to customers by the end of May or June.  

I think it would be best to get the 9 customer cars up and running so those customers can go out and drive them/further testing.   I would want to make sure no other issues pop up that can be fixed before a batch of 500 show up.
No, I recall him telling me, personally, that the next batch was about to ship. That was probably Feb around the first week of February. 

Back