Speed UTV

Good news is the Gen3 transmission is holding up in the rocks.  Bandit looks good. 

Not sure if Polaris is going to let others purchase those race UTVs.  Might be cars only for the factory team.  We shall see as more details are released.  

This is great if you ask me! If it wasn't for Robbie to begin with, they wouldn't have to push the envelope like they have with the ProR and now this. Excellent! Can't wait to see the Speed or CanAm in 5 years and what they'll become. 
Polaris and Can Am have been pushing the envelop long before RG and Speed.  

The Pro R was already in development before Speed was announced.   

Fun times in the UTV world right now.  

Reactions: FOG
If Funco and Sand Limo both started building SxS's tomorrow they would get about as much attention as SPEED is getting from Polaris or Can Am. 

Now if Tesla released something I am sure the others would take more of a interest the what Robby Gordon will ever do.

Speed is a boutique builder they will never have the production or the market share to give any of the big names a run for their money. It is like FORD being concerned with what Bugatti is going to release. 

Is that a manufacturer  or a distributor? Where are they made? It would be nice for a customer to be informed on the brand they get. The last thing speed would want to happen is say one brand and get another. That can get tied up in consumer remedy act and kill the whole thing 
Typical deal of someone who started doing turbo kits for sleds. Started as a small shop. He is not too far from Arctic Cat IIRC. There were rumblings of a Push kit for Wildcat, similar to what Honda's deal with Jackson Racing. I was not going to participate in that mess, as a dealer. I would guess that's where RG made the connection with Ken at Push Turbo. Just my WAG.

https://www.pushturbo.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great if you ask me! If it wasn't for Robbie to begin with, they wouldn't have to push the envelope like they have with the ProR and now this. Excellent! Can't wait to see the Speed or CanAm in 5 years and what they'll become. 
Even though Polaris and CanAm already had bigger cars in the works, I do believe Speed pushed them to be better. As for the Polaris race UTV, I believe I heard that they will be available to public. What Polaris did with the  race team has stirred up some grief. They let go of the big factory sponsorships to be able to fund this project. They also hired a CanAm and a Yamaha racer to round out the 3 man team. A lot of racers that were sponsored by Polaris are now not so happy. I heard they may jump to CanAm. Time will tell. As for Speed, by the time they figure out all the bugs and hit the ground running, i don’t think they will be able to see or breathe with all the dust in front of them.

At what point in time are you Speed/RG fanboys going to see the light and say enough?  Another month?   Another year? Or is RG your forever man crush?

It's seriously like QAnon in here..."Oh!!!  It's coming!  You'll see!!!"

Did Polaris announce pricing on the race ready model???? 

I think this is more of a shot at the new can am that hasn’t been announced yet. Polaris trying to steal Can Ams thunder more than them even realizing speed exists. 
That is a tig welded tube chassis and full race car.  Price tag will be at least $125K, if they do sell them to other racers.  

At what point in time are you Speed/RG fanboys going to see the light and say enough?  Another month?   Another year? Or is RG your forever man crush?

If you check out the forum dedicated to the car you will get your answer.  It is like the L. Ron Hubbard of the SXS world.  Keep giving money for more accessories and it will up your level and the spaceship, I mean UTV, will arrive any time.  LOL!!!

I have thought about it. But at this point what is another month, year, two years? It doesn't cost me anything to wait it out. It is frustrating as hell, all the ups and downs. 

Now, if you were sitting on the sidelines and wasted 3 years of fun waiting for it.....that would suck. 

If I sold my spot, I don't know what I would buy to replace it. I sold my Alumicraft Prerunner because I was tired of the prep costs (I am getting ready to retire and I don't want to buy another transaxle....ever, in my life). So I wouldn't go back to that route. And if I am going to spend 30-40k on a CanAm or Rzr, why not wait for the Speed. 

Honestly, I would probably build another VW Thing or Manx. 

I have thought about it. But at this point what is another month, year, two years? It doesn't cost me anything to wait it out. It is frustrating as hell, all the ups and downs. 

Now, if you were sitting on the sidelines and wasted 3 years of fun waiting for it.....that would suck. 

If I sold my spot, I don't know what I would buy to replace it. I sold my Alumicraft Prerunner because I was tired of the prep costs (I am getting ready to retire and I don't want to buy another transaxle....ever, in my life). So I wouldn't go back to that route. And if I am going to spend 30-40k on a CanAm or Rzr, why not wait for the Speed. 

I vote for a VW Thing.   Many years ago we went to the desert with a guy that had a mid-travel Thing with a Subi motor in it.  His wife drove the crap out of it.  It was such a sweet desert ride. 

Fair answer.

I retired at 43 so I get it.  

I will say a friend had the trans go out in his Canam, that thing cost almost as much as a 2D to get replaced/fixed.  The "plug and play" isn't always cheaper.

If Funco and Sand Limo both started building SxS's tomorrow they would get about as much attention as SPEED is getting from Polaris or Can Am. 

Now if Tesla released something I am sure the others would take more of a interest the what Robby Gordon will ever do.

Speed is a boutique builder they will never have the production or the market share to give any of the big names a run for their money. It is like FORD being concerned with what Bugatti is going to release. 
More like Ford being concerned with Ariel...  :biggrin:

Even though Polaris and CanAm already had bigger cars in the works, I do believe Speed pushed them to be better. As for the Polaris race UTV, I believe I heard that they will be available to public. What Polaris did with the  race team has stirred up some grief. They let go of the big factory sponsorships to be able to fund this project. They also hired a CanAm and a Yamaha racer to round out the 3 man team. A lot of racers that were sponsored by Polaris are now not so happy. I heard they may jump to CanAm. Time will tell. As for Speed, by the time they figure out all the bugs and hit the ground running, i don’t think they will be able to see or breathe with all the dust in front of them.
I was on the market research group for the current RZR (Pro/Pro R) in 2017 or 2018 (can't remember which year, they all run together these days...), and they were pretty far down the development path then.

Did you see the chemtrails over your house recently?

tinfoil_db52b2f10e7fa983f0f9d799a20.jpg

Polaris has been designing and releasing models that supersede each other, since 2008. 

Their current model development has nothing to do with Speed... this has been their plan all along. Build something that rivals a true sand car, not just a UTV... and provide UTV's as well.

Their Pro R may not be the best choice for my vacations in Northern California trails, but they offer a few other models that fit in, perfectly. 

Seems to me that Robby is copying what was already in the works (long before his ideas), just to say he did it. Weird how his Ego continually comes into play.
Don’t get me wrong, I never said RG invented anything new. What I am saying is that if Speed didn’t step up and build the car they did, would Polaris be building a race car? Would they have built a much stronger frame and cage with less bolt together sections? I mean for ever they have kept the same build style for frames and cages. Now all of a sudden they stepped it up? I think the Speed car influenced that. Do I think that’s a bad idea? Hell no!! All I have owned is rzr’s and if they continue to step it up because somebody else tried something new I’m all for it! 

Don’t get me wrong, I never said RG invented anything new. What I am saying is that if Speed didn’t step up and build the car they did, would Polaris be building a race car? Would they have built a much stronger frame and cage with less bolt together sections? I mean for ever they have kept the same build style for frames and cages. Now all of a sudden they stepped it up? I think the Speed car influenced that. Do I think that’s a bad idea? Hell no!! All I have owned is rzr’s and if they continue to step it up because somebody else tried something new I’m all for it! 
The XP Pro frame is one piece and was beefier than the other RZRs.  The Pro just beefed it up more.   The progress of the RZR was happening with or without Speed UTV.   Polaris and Can Am are throwing haymakers at each other.   

I think the race program came after seeing what Redbull was doing with the Dakar team with Guthrie and Quintero and Polaris wanting to set up the desert/rally racing.       

I suspect you will see Polaris making a push with these race cars in Dakar and that rally series.  Can Am has dominated the UTV classes in Dakar with the South Racing Team.  

Dude....if you only knew how close to home this statement is... :lol:

"Chemtrailer" and flatearthers rank close to the top of my most stupid list.
I've had a couple of very wide-eyed conversations with them.  It's, errr, interesting.

Fun activity is to have a mock debate on round vs. flat Earth.  Coin flip for your side and go.

You got that right good bad or indifferent the competition is making these other guys step up to the plate with what wasn’t that great without throwing a chit load of money in it after you bought it.

Back