Speed UTV

I've had a couple of very wide-eyed conversations with them.  It's, errr, interesting.

Fun activity is to have a mock debate on round vs. flat Earth.  Coin flip for your side and go.
Better at the campfire with a few drinks.  What is bad is when you argue flat earth then start believing the b.s. you are saying.  LMAO!!!

I vote for a VW Thing.   Many years ago we went to the desert with a guy that had a mid-travel Thing with a Subi motor in it.  His wife drove the crap out of it.  It was such a sweet desert ride. 
Here is my last one. I built the whole car (motor, suspension, cage, shocks, wiring, plumbing, ect.) basically everything but the body. Dyno'ed at 411 HP. My kid outgrew the back seat and I sold it. Bad choice on my part. It was my favorite car. It was more fun to drive than the Alumicraft. 

IMG_5730.jpg

I started really looking into the Pro R. I was close to pulling the trigger and ordering one. Then I thought maybe I should wait to see if they come out with a factory turbo on it. Problem is the price tag. If I order one the way I want from Polaris, it’s $48k before taxes and bs. That’s a tough pill to swallow. If they end up offering one with a turbo, it’s only gonna be that much more to come up with. Then I think of how many trips to the sand I make vs hard pack. I’m lucky to make it to the sand 2-3 times a year. The sand is where the turbo would be wanted but not needed. So I put an order together and sent it off! Waiting to hear back on how long it will take. There are dealers with some in stock but they don’t have the options I want. They want to charge me labor to install the packages I want when the install could be done from the factory at minimal cost. Anyways, keep you posted.

Here is my last one. I built the whole car (motor, suspension, cage, shocks, wiring, plumbing, ect.) basically everything but the body. Dyno'ed at 411 HP. My kid outgrew the back seat and I sold it. Bad choice on my part. It was my favorite car. It was more fun to drive than the Alumicraft. 

View attachment 62722
That is really really really nice.   I bet it was a blast to drive.   Street legal?

Didn't Sara Price finish 15th overall in the Mint???  That is a game changer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't Sara Price finish 15th overall in the Mint???  That is a game changer.
CXaQ5ZIVAAErWO4.jpg

1T4A8528.jpg

image.jpeg

:hitit2:

Obviously, the Millens know nothing about vehicle handling and motorsports: they didn't even consider the track width changes from the Jackal's multi-link! :biggrin:
Wonder if the Jakal with the Pro R motor will be racing before the Speed customers get to take their cars home from Havasu.  

The 2-3 weeks and the new transmision will be ready and installed has sailed away.  

Reactions: FOG
Wonder if the Jakal with the Pro R motor will be racing before the Speed customers get to take their cars home from Havasu.  

The 2-3 weeks and the new transmision will be ready and installed has sailed away.  
Gotta be a Robby Time conversion formula out there.  My assumption is:

Real Time = (RG Estimate)^3

So, in this case, 8-27 weeks. Roughly.  :biggrin:

as i said before the tranny deal will take a year to sort out and make right.  We cant even get buggy tranny parts fast enough, where are they going to get 1000-10,000 trannies in anything short of a year?  They will get buried in warranty work so bad it will not be possible to cover them all. 
to see a tranny break in half like that has fundamental issues. either it is used in a torsional situation and is not beefy enough for the job, or if it was not then they have design or material issues--as said above it will still take a year.  If not, then the first customers will be their testing base, because they not only need to redesign parts, they need to build those parts, then test them "before" they make 1000 more.  this tranny issue alone will cause this project to be delayed well into next season.

to see a tranny break in half like that has fundamental issues. either it is used in a torsional situation and is not beefy enough for the job, or if it was not then they have design or material issues--as said above it will still take a year.  If not, then the first customers will be their testing base, because they not only need to redesign parts, they need to build those parts, then test them "before" they make 1000 more.  this tranny issue alone will cause this project to be delayed well into next season.
Think maybe the case cracked from stress which separated the teeth enough to cause the gear failure?

I would say the 9 customer cars that are sitting in Havasu will be the testers of the new transmission along with RG.   That is if they get enough of the newly designed transmission out before it gets too hot to do any testing. 

At this point he mights as well just tell the customers the new goal is the 500 cars by the end of the year. 

Reactions: FOG
Think maybe the case cracked from stress which separated the teeth enough to cause the gear failure?
without seeing the internal pics and testing the gear material and confirming many things its anybody's guess.  The big manufactures have these engineering specs and designed locked down, you just dont see this kind of thing happening.  I am not an engineer, nor profess to be, but there are some obvious indications of big issues at play.  everybody is at awe with the suspension and i would agree, that looks great!  So are you the customer that wants the awesome suspension out of the box and you are not concerned with China parts moving at 6-8k RPM? or are you the customer that wants tried and true engine performance out of the box and you upgrade some suspension parts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back