Speed UTV

Any news on the retrofitted cars at the shop? Production in Vietnam? 

A wave of Speed cars should be hitting US Soil it seams by the production video's they have shown the past few weeks.

Who knows what level of bugs or issues will pop up and it doesn't even matter.

As long as folks start getting that what paid for, the rest will follow with cars, parts, dealer support, etc.

It will all happen, eventually. Congrats Robby, Team and ticket holders.

:cheers:  

The Chupacabra guy said Speed gave him $500 for the first month his car sat at Havasu, because he has been making payments since the car arrived, when they drove that first weekend. So that was good to hear for those very first folks.

Reactions: FOG
The Chupacabra guy said Speed gave him $500 for the first month his car sat at Havasu, because he has been making payments since the car arrived, when they drove that first weekend. So that was good to hear for those very first folks.
I wonder if he was doing that for the other 8 cars sitting there. 

I think by next week the transmission should arrive and be installed so those owners can take their rides home. 

Reactions: FOG
I wonder if he was doing that for the other 8 cars sitting there.
Slippery slope but funny it was exactly what was happening. People getting "delivery" to complete the sale. Even if they paid in full, now that $500 or re-imbursement is also owed to them. Financed or not. This should be fine since it was only 8 of them but I agree with Crusty, it's time. Just get them out already! Anyone seen a CARB approval yet? How's he going to sell in Cali? 

Slippery slope but funny it was exactly what was happening. People getting "delivery" to complete the sale. Even if they paid in full, now that $500 or re-imbursement is also owed to them. Financed or not. This should be fine since it was only 8 of them but I agree with Crusty, it's time. Just get them out already! Anyone seen a CARB approval yet? How's he going to sell in Cali? 
I'm sure its in the works (Carb)...but they better figure it out or change the name to all Speed models to "Bandito" :crusty:  as they will be undocumented OHV in the dunes... :lol:

We all know how the BLM loves to pick when they feel like enforcing Registration / CARB issues like they did a few years back with Sand Cars.

It's always the easy targets.... $$

He said they had CARB approval and I would think it would be showing up soon on the website. 

I watched this video with my son today. It is a true testament to what these SXS’s can do. Hopefully the Speed will hold together to do this? They probably should have used this trail to test the new trans!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool update, they not double stacking them anymore?

How awesome if yore car #41 or 42.

Cool update, they not double stacking them anymore?

How awesome if yore car #41 or 42.
Hard to double stack with the cages on them . Looks like the are finishing them a little more before they ship them !

Good point. If you weigh the cost of building them in Vietnam vs saving space in containers....I'm sure it saves $$ and not just time.

Besides, how many people do they even have in Havasu to final assemble them? The other plant, McKinney TX didn't pan out right?

At this point 99% Built and Assembled in Vietnam will get them to the consumer the fastest anyway.

Good point. If you weigh the cost of building them in Vietnam vs saving space in containers....I'm sure it saves $$ and not just time.

Besides, how many people do they even have in Havasu to final assemble them? The other plant, McKinney TX didn't pan out right?

At this point 99% Built and Assembled in Vietnam will get them to the consumer the fastest anyway.
Given the world's political climate; Vietnam is definitely a more stabile/reliable manufacturing location.  IDK how you can run a business based on china mfg given their willy nilly attitude towards business/lock-downs, etc.......

Having someone bolt a cage on in the US with 8 per container vs. 4 per container?  8 in a container all day.  1 guy could do a cages in a day.  Save the freight costs of an entire container for 1 dude's day worth of labor.

Back