Speed UTV

So what about the Zonies with flex fuel? Only 50% ethanol available from the pump. Most people will not want to try go buy a barrel of E85. Wonder what the HP will be. I would still guess 275. 
According to a google search, ethanol and methanol can be mixed and both have a RON octane rating of 109. One could add more ethanol to get up to 85%, or add methanol to do the same at (allegedly) 1/3 the cost. I say allegedly since who knows how much prices have changed between when the article was written and now.

According to a google search, ethanol and methanol can be mixed and both have a RON octane rating of 109. One could add more ethanol to get up to 85%, or add methanol to do the same at (allegedly) 1/3 the cost. I say allegedly since who knows how much prices have changed between when the article was written and now.
Testing and mixing like that is a PITA. 

I just did some digging and was surprised to learn that the can am x3 rs turbo rr is listed as 1877 lbs. That's DRY weight. How much do the fluids add? 40lbs? 50 lbs?

Assuming 50 lbs, the rs turbo rr weighs about 1,927 lbs. If I recall previous discussions of the Speed weight vs others, the El Diablo was guesstimated at 1,950 lbs, wet. That's only 23 lbs more. With 25 more hp on 91 and 100 hp more on E85, should be considerably quicker and faster than the competition, unless the CVT is somehow losing a lot more power than other CVTs, which is pretty unlikely.

Then there's the cruising gear...   sequential, shift under power, of course.
So, it’s way beefier, wider, longer and only 23lbs heavier than an X3?

BTW: most list the X3 at 15-1600lbs. :biggrin:

There’s still one distinct advantage for the Can Am:

https://www.veyspowersports.com/powersport-vehicles-for-sale-el-cajon-california-dealer--inventory?condition=new&make=can-am®&pg=1

It can be weighed by anyone who wants one. :biggrin:

Your pictures are better than mine so I won’t post any. I will say looking at the 4 seater I almost wish I had one on order.  It was impressive in person and they still have a lot of tweaking to do for the final product.  But on a side note he did give out some food and beer.  

D1BDE427-9FCB-4372-B8D3-3969FEE7E86D.jpeg

So, it’s way beefier, wider, longer and only 23lbs heavier than an X3?

BTW: most list the X3 at 15-1600lbs. :biggrin:

There’s still one distinct advantage for the Can Am:

https://www.veyspowersports.com/powersport-vehicles-for-sale-el-cajon-california-dealer--inventory?condition=new&make=can-am®&pg=1

It can be weighed by anyone who wants one. :biggrin:
Screenshot_20210917-231644_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20210917-231637_Drive.jpg

But I guess I'd just trust whatever dealer site bullshit you found. Probably the same dealer that list XPTs as "1000 Turbos".

-TJ

Screenshot_20210917-232749_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20210917-232758_Drive.jpg

Still a lot more than 1500lbs... especially fully dressed and wet (there's a Mom joke somewhere here...).

I talked to RG at the show right after the Unveiling - he was very nice. 

I will reserve saying anything about the "rush job pre production cars"

People were freaking out about the doors not closing correctly - otherwise the faithful were loving the cars 

No way I would call them SxS's they are/will be in a class of their own IMO

Tried to get some good shots but waaaay to many people all over it. Wife may be able to drive this she says. 🤣

71BF4593-3252-40AB-A24D-A0DB018AF3C9.png

281F28DF-2BD8-4029-A25E-17AA89DAC651.png

04B92AE6-00C9-4186-9954-A19B2C8B6DF6.jpeg

03DC8816-8DAA-4381-A60F-D398CF096FA4.jpeg

E5808D91-F38E-4888-AA3F-02392E6CE3F1.jpeg

Left foot rest looks close like an RZR, I'm 6'4", has anyone sat in one to see how they fit? There is no way he is gonna sell this thing for any less than 50k (prob closer to 60K) when it's all said and done, deposit holders if you get your car for the original price I will be surprised, that thing is a beast, I can see RG coming to all you guys and say we need more money, if you don't want to pay we will refund your money and sell to someone else.

Left foot rest looks close like an RZR, I'm 6'4", has anyone sat in one to see how they fit? There is no way he is gonna sell this thing for any less than 50k (prob closer to 60K) when it's all said and done, deposit holders if you get your car for the original price I will be surprised, that thing is a beast, I can see RG coming to all you guys and say we need more money, if you don't want to pay we will refund your money and sell to someone else.
Amen to that! Speed faithfuls have their heads in the sand. This fun will continue for all of 2021. Wait until the hammer drops!

Back