Speed UTV

Left foot rest looks close like an RZR, I'm 6'4", has anyone sat in one to see how they fit? There is no way he is gonna sell this thing for any less than 50k (prob closer to 60K) when it's all said and done, deposit holders if you get your car for the original price I will be surprised, that thing is a beast, I can see RG coming to all you guys and say we need more money, if you don't want to pay we will refund your money and sell to someone else.
I don't know what drugs barf and doogie are on but they are sure flying high the next thing they'll be saying is the deposit holders have to come up with 25 Grand what a joke

I was there Friday night for the circle jerk and today to get better pictures.

The Speed UTV is a big girl.   There were some really cool things like the front bulkhead and the suspension arms.  The dash display was really cool and I liked the seats.   I was surprised how little elbow room from the door when your hand is on the wheel. 

Love the design of the frame.  The race chassis they had let you have a good look at everything.

You could  tell they slapped these cars together as the fitment of the plastics was not great.  There were missing parts and the door alignment was horrible.    The doors felt flimsy and not what I was expecting.  The doors on the Wildcat XX felt better.  It  was clear from the welds on the frame they have a long way to go in training the robots.  

Engine looks nice.  I like the sequential shifter,  but I hope there is some type of safety feature that prevents you from smacking it into reverse by accident.  I am sure there is something.  

The line of sight out of the driver seat will not be great for the dunes or tight trails.  

The shocks rezzies are massive.   

It will be a lot of car for the money, but honestly with the rising cost of supplies I don’t see how they are even coming close to breaking even on the initial deposit owners.

From what I saw at the show I don’t see how they are going to get a quality product to market by the end of the year with the supply issues and what appears to be a ways to go to get the robot welds on the frame up to  snuff.

97C69011-F912-478B-A633-604642B97D53.jpeg

B5028959-F0DF-4521-9247-24C17BB42E14.jpeg

D823D38C-ECD6-42FF-BD1C-E3DC62347EF9.jpeg

F8456208-40F5-42DB-8B22-90619BC26EE1.jpeg

8BD49955-9C5C-435A-8C9B-0B51AF3C7411.jpeg

ADF11FB1-6AE0-4E3C-A5D3-2DA94E6AA4C6.jpeg

7E17CE3F-7087-4419-AA60-92842C888D40.jpeg

19EF3BBC-122A-4461-96EE-9DD7B3E4F3C9.jpeg

2A9E65C3-FCA2-4E69-BDBD-296AF30F8D95.jpeg

99BEB1C5-9F2A-4638-BCB7-62243AE4A62A.jpeg

B698291B-80EA-41BC-A4F5-4546696E1406.jpeg

B4CA2D6B-7351-47CC-B597-3AC1806BDBA2.jpeg

114A7064-299B-4D98-B0B2-7F5B20C8091D.jpeg

DF33D65F-3508-4522-8992-40FF17220AA1.jpeg

9564E8EC-B185-43D2-97DF-2601719D4F26.jpeg

0CFA1321-189B-4F53-B9FE-E538F00A2A92.jpeg

Here is the layout of the Wildcat XX.  Similar to the layout of the Speed UTV.  

They definitely took some design stuff they did on the XX and are using a better version on the Speed UTV. 

1D8C5C96-9971-476D-9924-9E8A76E67656.jpeg

I went to the SSSS today, only stayed for 3 hrs. I talked to Todd Romano for a few minutes, specifically about the relationship between Hisun, Speed and how the vehicles move down the production line. He said Speed is leasing floor space from Hisun in their plant in TX and the workers are a mix of Hisun and Speed personnel. The Hisun folks are mostly assembly workers and the Speed guys are mostly there for QC.

I measured the width of the roof to ensure it fit between the cabinets in the trailer - it's 48" wide, so plenty of room.

As far as quality of the cars go, the 2 pics that are getting wide distribution appear to be the only 2 flawed welds that I saw out of all of the cars there. I admit that neither weld looks great, but probably won't be the norm on the production cars. However, if my SxS was delivered to me with either one of those welds, I'd either fix it myself or take it to my fabricator. The way I look at it is a weld is easy to fix and touch up the paint. The major advantages of these are the engineering incorporated in the drivetrain, suspension and chassis. As long as the engine doesn't blow up or catch fire, or the shocks don't need to be upgraded, etc. - you get the idea. In the big scheme of what these represent - zooming in on a weld is like picking fly sh1t out of the pepper.

What I did notice is what Sand Shark mentioned - door plastics were flimsy and ill fitting, as well as the plastic tailgate. The carbon fiber tailgates on the race cars were much stiffer, sturdier.

If I noticed the door plastics issue, I'm sure they know all about it. These are some of the tweaks they were talking about between pre-production and production vehicles.  

I tend to ignore chrome, graphics, flash and concentrate on the basics - design, strength, power, etc. and from that standpoint, I'm very impressed!

I went to the SSSS today, only stayed for 3 hrs. I talked to Todd Romano for a few minutes, specifically about the relationship between Hisun, Speed and how the vehicles move down the production line. He said Speed is leasing floor space from Hisun in their plant in TX and the workers are a mix of Hisun and Speed personnel. The Hisun folks are mostly assembly workers and the Speed guys are mostly there for QC.

I measured the width of the roof to ensure it fit between the cabinets in the trailer - it's 48" wide, so plenty of room.

As far as quality of the cars go, the 2 pics that are getting wide distribution appear to be the only 2 flawed welds that I saw out of all of the cars there. I admit that neither weld looks great, but probably won't be the norm on the production cars. However, if my SxS was delivered to me with either one of those welds, I'd either fix it myself or take it to my fabricator. The way I look at it is a weld is easy to fix and touch up the paint. The major advantages of these are the engineering incorporated in the drivetrain, suspension and chassis. As long as the engine doesn't blow up or catch fire, or the shocks don't need to be upgraded, etc. - you get the idea. In the big scheme of what these represent - zooming in on a weld is like picking fly sh1t out of the pepper.

What I did notice is what Sand Shark mentioned - door plastics were flimsy and ill fitting, as well as the plastic tailgate. The carbon fiber tailgates on the race cars were much stiffer, sturdier.

If I noticed the door plastics issue, I'm sure they know all about it. These are some of the tweaks they were talking about between pre-production and production vehicles.  

I tend to ignore chrome, graphics, flash and concentrate on the basics - design, strength, power, etc. and from that standpoint, I'm very impressed!
Thanks for the honest feed back!!!

The Hisun connection could prove to be an issue, based on what I have seen of Hisun produced products in the past. I hope, for everyone's sake, that is not the case.

I am hesitant to judge based on photos, but I am struck by the dark lines of exposed panels in the photos. Can someone who was there comment on that? I thought they were doing a wrap, not 2D decals?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hisun connection could prove to be an issue, based on what I have seen of Hisun produced products in the past. I hope, for everyone's sake that is not the case.

I am hesitant to judge based on photos, but I am struck by the dark lines of exposed panels in the photos. Can someone who was there comment on that? I thought they were doing a wrap, not 2D decals?
The cars had wraps.  Some of the plastics did not line up well.  Not sure if that was because  they slapped these cars together quickly or actual fitment issues.  

The cars had wraps.  Some of the plastics did not line up well.  Not sure if that was because  they slapped these cars together quickly or actual fitment issues.  
You could definitely tell they rushed to put the graphics on. Talked with one of the kids at the car and he said he was listening to the questions and was going back to address them on the cars.  

So here is a rear fender that I assume is one panel. It looks like two decals, rather than a wrap that goes around that edge/corner.

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 9.24.27 AM.png

Back