Speed UTV

RG's attitude might might depend on the outcome of the Baja400. He qualified 3rd. Not bad until you see who is in front of him (Bryce and Luke). Those 3 are going to check out on the rest of the field, pace each other and see who eff's up. 
What is nice for Luke and Bryce is RG will play the bunch the others behind him game.   There are some really fast guys in that top 10.    Poor Andy had a flat and is starting way back and will be fighting dust all day.  

I think Bryce and Luke will check out on even RG.  Lots of Awd trucks in the field.  

I hope those light covers are easily replaceable. They look like they will get sand blasted in 1 season.

I hope those light covers are easily replaceable. They look like they will get sand blasted in 1 season.
It would be easy to put a clear film over it, like many sand rails do. 

Then again, since it's going to be in front, what sand?

:lol:

You must be the best driver in your group. 
I never said anything about me. This vehicle compared to the rest. More travel, wider track width, 100 hp more, better steering stability. There shouldn't be any other UTV that gets in front of it or out handles it.

Of course there's a strong chance that many Speed owners will be nice guys, forgive all of the sh1t talking and let their friends lead once in a while.

I just did some digging and was surprised to learn that the can am x3 rs turbo rr is listed as 1877 lbs. That's DRY weight. How much do the fluids add? 40lbs? 50 lbs?

Assuming 50 lbs, the rs turbo rr weighs about 1,927 lbs. If I recall previous discussions of the Speed weight vs others, the El Diablo was guesstimated at 1,950 lbs, wet. That's only 23 lbs more. With 25 more hp on 91 and 100 hp more on E85, should be considerably quicker and faster than the competition, unless the CVT is somehow losing a lot more power than other CVTs, which is pretty unlikely.

Then there's the cruising gear...   sequential, shift under power, of course.

I just did some digging and was surprised to learn that the can am x3 rs turbo rr is listed as 1877 lbs. That's DRY weight. How much do the fluids add? 40lbs? 50 lbs?

Assuming 50 lbs, the rs turbo rr weighs about 1,927 lbs. If I recall previous discussions of the Speed weight vs others, the El Diablo was guesstimated at 1,950 lbs, wet. That's only 23 lbs more. With 25 more hp on 91 and 100 hp more on E85, should be considerably quicker and faster than the competition, unless the CVT is somehow losing a lot more power than other CVTs, which is pretty unlikely.

Then there's the cruising gear...   sequential, shift under power, of course.
I bet it will weigh more. 

I bet it will weigh more. 
I'll ask someone from Speed at the SSSS. I'm actually going to compare the Bandito to the X3 in the future, since that is the most comparable vehicle. Even though it hasn't been built yet, the only difference between the Bandito and the El Diablo will be the difference in weight of the tubing, shorter driveshaft and the plastics out of the middle (15"?) and a slightly shorter bed, which again would be slightly less tubing and plastic. 

At 1927 lbs wet and 200 hp, the hp to weight ratio of the X3 is .1038.

At 300 hp, the Speed UTV would have to weigh 2,890.5 lbs for the same hp to weight ratio.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what about the Zonies with flex fuel? Only 50% ethanol available from the pump. Most people will not want to try go buy a barrel of E85. Wonder what the HP will be. I would still guess 275. 

Back