Speed UTV

Guys I am little lost reading to catch up...

Is this the current state:

9 cars delivered - a couple very minor issues, but owners love the cars, no reviews in the sand yet?

10 more cars getting delivered soon and can be CA cars since Speed got CARB certification?

Has anyone reviewed with the SPEED Key yet  performance against other UTVs?

RG said they are building a 500HP+ LS powered Speed to say FU to the 2.0 Polaris Pro R and soon to be released Canned Ham models?

what did I miss?

when are more cars due?

Reactions: FOG

9 cars delivered - a couple very minor issues, but owners love the cars, no reviews in the sand yet?

10 more cars getting delivered soon and can be CA cars since Speed got CARB certification?

RG said they are building a 500HP+ LS powered Speed to say FU to the 2.0 Polaris Pro R and soon to be released Canned Ham models?

what did I miss?

when are more cars due?
About sums it up.  

what did I miss?

when are more cars due?
Robbie doesn't seem to care for the pizza at boardmanville.

what did I miss?

when are more cars due?
Close,

24 more cars coming mid March, they were delayed to wait for the new Trans

41 cars coming end of March, followed 500 in May, that is Robby's latest timeline.

It doesn't sound like those will be Cali cars though, he said the cali cars will catch up in the batch of 500 thats coming in May.

No Speed key, and no sand yet, the customers cars are still in Havasu, and getting checked out, detailed, serviced, and waiting on new Trans.

😂😂 that was my fire extinguisher we used to put out her fire in that Rzr. Fire was cause by a belt change right before getting to swing set and putting the clutch cover back on without cleaning out any of the old belt. The remaining belt pieces in the breather tube caused the fire. She was lucky enough to be able to drive it back to her camp 
Yeah I was in the maroon Manx over there my buddy in that red car next to it grabbed his fire extinguisher also. Glad we were all there to help. I asked them if they needed a ride back to their camp for anything but they seem to have it under control. In regards to after I posted that and somebody asking what the deal is with all that I went on the Internet for a little while to search. this was the Wikipedia main page for Polaris razor.A8ED8B48-A69A-4473-BBC2-781C45CF832E.jpeg 

Yeah I was in the maroon Manx over there my buddy in that red car next to it grabbed his fire extinguisher also. Glad we were all there to help. I asked them if they needed a ride back to their camp for anything but they seem to have it under control. In regards to after I posted that and somebody asking what the deal is with all that I went on the Internet for a little while to search. this was the Wikipedia main page for Polaris razor.View attachment 60476 
Wow I better think twice about the polaris, I wonder if the pro R's are having any issues?? . It may be a little to soon, I don't think they have been around very long. 

what did I miss?

when are more cars due?
Technically ZERO cars delivered.  

Not sure if you can constitute these "issues" minor.

And the love they show is relative, if  you put me up in a hotel, wined and dined me, and guaranteed to fix all the problems and I was one of the first nine, well I might show you some love also.

Talk to me when the real world gets actual production cars (from Vietnam no less) that they can take home and use, then we will see. 

But yea they are moving forward, as quickly as they have for the last three years.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically ZERO cars delivered.  

Not sure if you can constitute these "issues" minor.

And the love they show is relative, if  you put me up in a hotel, wined and dined me, and guaranteed to fix all the problems and I was one of the first nine, well I might show you some love also.

Talk to me when the real world gets actual production cars (from Vietnam no less) that they can take home and use, then we will see. 

But yea they are moving forward, as quickly as they have for the last three years.  
That pretty much sums it up. 

Yeah I was in the maroon Manx over there my buddy in that red car next to it grabbed his fire extinguisher also. Glad we were all there to help. I asked them if they needed a ride back to their camp for anything but they seem to have it under control. In regards to after I posted that and somebody asking what the deal is with all that I went on the Internet for a little while to search. this was the Wikipedia main page for Polaris razor.View attachment 60476 
This game could be played all day

10 Cars That Are Prone To Vehicle Fires - HotCars https://www.hotcars.com/cars-prone-vehicle-fires/

CA44E7E1-E76B-4A78-BF28-FF7FA7CDE616.png

It seems pretty much every major manufacture has had issues. As for the Speed car, loose electrical wiring rubbing a driveshaft can cause an electrical fire. Glad it didn’t but that car very well could have burnt down. 

It seems pretty much every major manufacture has had issues. As for the Speed car, loose electrical wiring rubbing a driveshaft can cause an electrical fire. Glad it didn’t but that car very well could have burnt down. 
Yep. Same with 100A+ alternator wires bouncing around until the battery dies. 

It’s a vehicle bouncing down the road filled with gas and electricity. chit can and will happen. Saying your favorite brand won’t for 3 years while none have been sold is dumb. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FOG
Did some quick google searches while on the crapper. So it seems the Yamaha rhino had fire issues caused by emergency brakes hanging up and aftermarket exhaust routing catching debris on the pan on fire. I also found recalls for fire hazards on can am commanders and defenders. I hadn’t heard of any of these before. I guess rzr’s are just the HOT TOPIC!

The Pro R seems to be the hot ticket right now. But I have a hard enough time getting in and out of the seat, let alone removing them to change a belt. 
My guess would be separate not stitched seat belts. That would make for a fast seat removal. Then the quick pins for the belt cover. Yes, it will take longer but I don’t race so down time won’t kill me. I mean it may only be a one beer repair! Also, if the belt will hold up like all of my other rzr’s, than changing a belt every 4 years won’t kill me either. Almost 2k miles on the stock belt for my xp41k and my current xpt. Admittedly, not all of the miles are dune miles which are the hardest on the belts. 

The Pro R seems to be the hot ticket right now. But I have a hard enough time getting in and out of the seat, let alone removing them to change a belt. 
The stock 6 point belts are a little funky.  A regular 5 point would make it a lot easier.  As to belt change all you have to remove is the seat back and you get access to the belt cover.   I would say a belt change might take 5-10 minutes longer than the other SXSs out there.   So far I have not seen a blown belt on a Pro R in our group. 

The stock 6 point belts are a little funky.  A regular 5 point would make it a lot easier.  As to belt change all you have to remove is the seat back and you get access to the belt cover.   I would say a belt change might take 5-10 minutes longer than the other SXSs out there.   So far I have not seen a blown belt on a Pro R in our group. 
Is the seat back fixed to the car, or come off of the lower? Feel XP flimsy, or X3 acceptable?

Back