Speed UTV

So 23,000 units over a 2 year period, which isn’t all of the cars sold in that time period, have been recalled for an issue. I’m not saying that is good. In fact that downright sucks. Now on the other hand, Speed built let’s say 15 cars. One has starter issues, one had an oil line come loose and toast the motor, one had loose alternator wiring causing sparking and electronics issues, one had electrical wiring come loose and rub the driveline til it grounded out, one tossed a transfer case, and two other cars broke in Glamis and were towed back but no info as to what broke. So thats half of the cars built have broke. From what we know, 3 of those cars could have caused fires. Again, I don’t condone the recalls or issues Polaris has. BUT, RG’s track record so far is worse, percentage wise. I guess only time will tell. Except we may be dead by the time he builds 23,000 units at his pace!
The current recall from Polaris sounds like a vendor quality issue.  Still blows my mind how many units Polaris sells.  They are like a smaller automotive manufacture. 

The current recall from Polaris sounds like a vendor quality issue.  Still blows my mind how many units Polaris sells.  They are like a smaller automotive manufacture. 
It’s Brand Name Recognition. 
Razor in the SxS world is like Kleenex or Q tips. 

BTW I just bought some Maxxis “RAZR” tires. 

It’s Brand Name Recognition. 
Razor in the SxS world is like Kleenex or Q tips. 

BTW I just bought some Maxxis “RAZR” tires. 
Polaris has done a fantastic job of marketing the RZR and getting brand recognition.   Can Am finally caught on with the marketing when the X3 was released.   Now when you say SXS most people know it could be a Can Am or Polaris.

Reactions: FOG
Polaris has done a fantastic job of marketing the RZR and getting brand recognition.   Can Am finally caught on with the marketing when the X3 was released.   Now when you say SXS most people know it could be a Can Am or Polaris.
Why all the HONDA HATE????   Honda invented off road........and yet they are relegated to the trash heap of side by sides...

Why all the HONDA HATE????   Honda invented off road........and yet they are relegated to the trash heap of side by sides...
People like drama, train wrecks and the latest gizmo gadget, whiz bang phenomenon 

That's why Kardashians were so popular and a TV show about some normal family that goes to work, school and lives a normal life is not.

200.gif
200.gif

200.gif

They are not the first thing people talk about when discussing a sport SXS.  Now if they made them from the factory like the Proctor race Talons then we would have something to talk about.  Raceco makes some really nice stuff for the Talon.  

Honda makes reliable stuff.   If it makes you feel better none of the Japanese companies get much mention when talking sport SXS.  LOL!

Honda showed up late for the SXS show along with Kawasaki and Yamaha. Not making 4 seat cars or coming with a factory turbo is their downfall. Honda was always my go to for 3 wheelers, quads, and motorcycles. If they built a 200hp SXS, I’m sure I would be looking into buying one.

Honda needs to have more to offer than, "we have no belt" to be a factor. Talon would have been impressive in 2013. Their air intake is an absolute joke, and they have failed to address it. Now they are going to shorten the wheelbase of the 'R' model. I expected much, much better from them.

BTW, they do make a 4 seat Talon, but not in the R model.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honda needs to have more to offer than, "we have no belt" to be a factor. Talon would have been impressive in 2013. Their air intake is an absolute joke, and they have failed to address it. Now they are going to shorten the wheelbase of the 'R' model. I expected much, much better from them.

The 4 seat Talon R will be released Next Year

Not sure why the decided to shorten the wheelbase.  

So there are rumblings Can Am will announce their new sport SXS this summer.   

How many Speed UTVs will be produced and delivered to customers before Can Am announces their new ride?

So there are rumblings Can Am will announce their new sport SXS this summer.   

How many Speed UTVs will be produced and delivered to customers before Can Am announces their new ride?
9 delivered. 

Curious to see the new suspension for real. The tall spindle with large vertical separation looks geometrically beefy. 

9 delivered. 

Curious to see the new suspension for real. The tall spindle with large vertical separation looks geometrically beefy. 
Hopefully they address some of the weak spots in the frame with the new model. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back