Speed UTV

Is the seat back fixed to the car, or come off of the lower? Feel XP flimsy, or X3 acceptable?
seat and back come out as one with one latch.  Seat is solid no wobble at all.  The click 6 belts stay in place and it males pulling the two fire wall panels a PITA.  Like @Sand Shark said would be better with separate 5 point belts.  Also the click 6 shoulder belts let you slop around too much unlike a normal 5 point setup.  

Close,

24 more cars coming mid March, they were delayed to wait for the new Trans

41 cars coming end of March, followed 500 in May, that is Robby's latest timeline.

It doesn't sound like those will be Cali cars though, he said the cali cars will catch up in the batch of 500 thats coming in May.

No Speed key, and no sand yet, the customers cars are still in Havasu, and getting checked out, detailed, serviced, and waiting on new Trans.
Any 2 seat cars scheduled in the March or May delivery?

Any 2 seat cars scheduled in the March or May delivery?

He did discuss putting the 2 seat Bandit in the production line before the 2 seat El Diablo.  The bandit is basically a shorter version of the El Jeffe and they get those in the production line easier. 

Reactions: FOG
What did the CCP minders say?
Not Happy

b67.JPG

1 hour ago, Crusty said:

Doesn't sound like it'll pass emissions.

Either way, he sounds angry that PoPo put a 2000cc 4-banger in their cars like they broke some sort of rule...  CA is currently passing an amendment to include the Pro R in the SxS legal definition, so there goes that.

As for V8 vs 4-banger in a UTV, would it be that much of an advantage?  It's not like UTVs lack power for open desert running, and I doubt they have the suspension to exploit the 140mph top speed he's talking about.

From a dollars standpoint, the Pro R and his current offerings stack up fairly well.  An LS7/Albins/4WD UTV would be huge money...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, all I can tell you is 10 years later Polaris are still catching on fire last weekend in Glamis, my friend saw this car, pull up next to us on fire and pulled the two kids out of the backseat. Then we got the lady out that was driving followed by two other people grabbing fire extinguishers.

I would say the speed give them another year. 

FullSizeRender.MOV 45.45 MB · 26 downloads  
Polaris has a stop ride stop sell for select 2021-2023 RZR Pro XP 4, and some 2022 - 2023 RZR Turbo R 4 for a fuel leak at the fuel pump assembly joint on the tank. approximately 23,230 units globally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Polaris has a stop ride stop sell for select 2021-2023 RZR Pro XP 4, and some 2022 - 2023 RZR Turbo R 4 for a fuel leak at the fuel pump assembly joint on the tank. approximately 23,230 units globally.
Impressive they have sold at least that many already. 

So 23,000 units over a 2 year period, which isn’t all of the cars sold in that time period, have been recalled for an issue. I’m not saying that is good. In fact that downright sucks. Now on the other hand, Speed built let’s say 15 cars. One has starter issues, one had an oil line come loose and toast the motor, one had loose alternator wiring causing sparking and electronics issues, one had electrical wiring come loose and rub the driveline til it grounded out, one tossed a transfer case, and two other cars broke in Glamis and were towed back but no info as to what broke. So thats half of the cars built have broke. From what we know, 3 of those cars could have caused fires. Again, I don’t condone the recalls or issues Polaris has. BUT, RG’s track record so far is worse, percentage wise. I guess only time will tell. Except we may be dead by the time he builds 23,000 units at his pace!

Back