Speed UTV

You guys simply just don’t get it,  Speed operates in Mexican Time.   Everything is a Mexican moment.    Didn't they advertise this car as born in Baja    

2 weeks =2 months.  
1 year = 3 years

who knows this car could be considered early…
Didn't you know Mexicans are "The Man of Tomorrow" 

Every time you ask about your lawn or car or roof it's always "mañana, mañana and mañana"

So the luck few get to beat up their new Speed cars this weekend? Then have to stop riding it till new part comes in and gets fixed.  Sound very similar to what Polaris does year after year....issue a stop ride mandate a few weeks after public gets them. 

Who’s Nikal?
Original Speed cheerleader on here (him and LOTD). Went back and replaced all of his posts with a period (“.”) and eventually the mods just deleted his posts because it looked silly. Sadly killed a lot of information on this thread.

He’s currently on Race-Dezert calling this site a troll hut because orange Kool-Aid isn’t our favorite flavor.  

So the luck few get to beat up their new Speed cars this weekend? Then have to stop riding it till new part comes in and gets fixed.  Sound very similar to what Polaris does year after year....issue a stop ride mandate a few weeks after public gets them. 
Pretty much.  I guess the good thing is it only affects 9 rides, not 30,000 or more like Polaris.  

So, it's been 4 days since Robbie said the CARB cert was in hand.  Posted anywhere?
Been away awhile - How many cars have been delivered so far?  I guess they all were delivered outside CA?

Did Chupacadra get his car?

Has anyone on the board driven theirs yet?  Any reports ?

Has Lord o' the Dunes returned to say I told you so yet?

Sorry for all the Q's but things move fast with SPEED ...

Been away awhile - How many cars have been delivered so far?  I guess they all were delivered outside CA?

Hope you not waiting for a speedy reply.  

Rumor is some get a two day visit with their future car.  

Original Speed cheerleader on here (him and LOTD). Went back and replaced all of his posts with a period (“.”) and eventually the mods just deleted his posts because it looked silly. Sadly killed a lot of information on this thread.

He’s currently on Race-Dezert calling this site a troll hut because orange Kool-Aid isn’t our favorite flavor.  
Well, there was a troll hut in wash 26 I think back in the day.

9 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

Look at the Pro R track change.  I can’t believe it even makes it through the desert like the Speed UTV

Doesn't Bryce's car have that $10000 suspension upgrade?  Cant remember who makes it, but you have to have the vendor install it.

0 cars delivered.

He did not.

No reports other than Robbie's impressions on how it compares in a shop to the Pro R.  There was a direct driving comparison scheduled for the next day, but it never manifested because Robbie was late.

LOTD is on vacation I believe.

Turns out when the gearing turns fast, Speed doesn't move: some sort of gear treatment issue resulted in transmission explosions. 

Also, things don't move at all since it appears they lost most of the starters they used during KOH.

10 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

Look at the Pro R track change.  I can’t believe it even makes it through the desert like the Speed UTV

Nice,.. can I run/race my 2 cars next year at KOH? .. I think they could show well if I'm just going after other 1.0L machines.. would not want to race a 2.0L car though..

abc

Doesn't Bryce's car have that $10000 suspension upgrade?  Cant remember who makes it, but you have to have the vendor install it.
X-Travel I believe is the name of the company that makes the expensive suspension. I am not sure if he was running X-travel or CT Raceworx stuff.  CT Raceworx built the car for him.  SDG does his shock work. 

Mitch Guthrie, Jr. for sure runs the X-travel suspension.  

Nice,.. can I run/race my 2 cars next year at KOH? .. I think they could show well if I'm just going after other 1.0L machines.. would not want to race a 2.0L car though..

abc
I think you can do it.   Although you will be competing against the Can Am X3 and those seem to do really well at KOH. 

Back