Speed UTV

I think you can do it.   Although you will be competing against the Can Am X3 and those seem to do really well at KOH. 
Right.. the Canned Ham IS a superior ride. The RZR is only better in the rocks due to it's high center of travel, etc.

That'd be fun!

abc

PS. I've run my RZRs through a bunch of Johnson Valley and I know the course... time for an ABC wrap.. :okiedokie:

0 cars delivered.

He did not.

No reports other than Robbie's impressions on how it compares in a shop to the Pro R.  There was a direct driving comparison scheduled for the next day, but it never manifested because Robbie was late.

LOTD is on vacation I believe.

Turns out when the gearing turns fast, Speed doesn't move: some sort of gear treatment issue resulted in transmission explosions. 

Also, things don't move at all since it appears they lost most of the starters they used during KOH.
Thanks for the update  - I'll check back next season to see if anything has changed...

Per the transmission issues:

I don't know exactly what is wrong yet with the gears, I haven't seen the parts, hopefully get dropped off to me in the next few days.

Weddle nor Albins had any input on heat treat or material specs, this never came across my desk or addressed in conversation. I don't know if Speed even called that out on drawings or not. I am thinking they did not.

This is my pure speculation as I have not addressed this with them yet, but I would believe that the contracted supplier made these gears without any direct call out on material or heat treat spec. The supplier made gears based on standard specs they typically use, and it did not work out for this particular application and type of use. 

Offroad gears and heat treat specs are pretty different than what you get with standard production parts, hence Weddle making higher quality VW gears to get this whole company started. 

Hard to blame anyone here, other than chalking it up to a lesson learned and keep moving forward with progress. This probably cost the Speed brand some money as I doubt the gear manufacture is going to accept any responsibility on this one.

I don't know exactly what is wrong yet with the gears, I haven't seen the parts, hopefully get dropped off to me in the next few days.

Weddle nor Albins had any input on heat treat or material specs, this never came across my desk or addressed in conversation. I don't know if Speed even called that out on drawings or not. I am thinking they did not.

This is my pure speculation as I have not addressed this with them yet, but I would believe that the contracted supplier made these gears without any direct call out on material or heat treat spec. The supplier made gears based on standard specs they typically use, and it did not work out for this particular application and type of use. 

Offroad gears and heat treat specs are pretty different than what you get with standard production parts, hence Weddle making higher quality VW gears to get this whole company started. 

Hard to blame anyone here, other than chalking it up to a lesson learned and keep moving forward with progress. This probably cost the Speed brand some money as I doubt the gear manufacture is going to accept any responsibility on this one.
With Weddle involved it should put some confidence and comfort in knowing its being addressed and locally. Thank you for always providing your knowledge and input on all of these products.

at this point Robbie sounds like Justin. people believe the BS and ride them nuts just like shock therapy.
So your implying Robbie is committing fraud and trying to knowingly take peoples money for a product he has no intention of delivering?   Wow, that's a pretty big accusation.  Even though all the evidence says that isn't true.....

So Speed Cars officially being released today right?

Did we hit 200 like @Sand Shark wished for?

Actually almost double that, 300 plus pages here in the thread and I forget how far the first thread got before the server went down.

Has any of the active Speed thread members pass away during that time until today?  :ex:   :ol:  

Feels like it....LOL

If your speculation is correct then that means speed did not give the vendor the heat treat spec allowing them to apply what they think.  But that means every batch could be different depending on what the vendor's standards are.  This to me is a pretty big design flaw and leads to big QC issues down the line.  Just my opinion.

So Speed Cars officially being released today right?

Did we hit 200 like @Sand Shark wished for?

Actually almost double that, 300 plus pages here in the thread and I forget how far the first thread got before the server went down.

Has any of the active Speed thread members pass away during that time until today?  :ex:   :ol:  

Feels like it....LOL
A few members ghosted us, as the kids say.   Can't wait to read all the raving reviews the golden ticket holders will post after there 2 day visit this weekend

It will be like those movie critic quotes they use when the movie is really bad.

"It is the best thing to hit the off-road market.  UTV of the Year!" - Koolaid Joe from Shanghai

"RG really knows what he is doing and so glad I missed 3 desert seasons and the $20K I forked over.  A joy of a ride"  -  Guy who will park in his garage and never drive it again

"The car is so smooth and really drives like no other SXS" - Pete, who has never driven a SXS before

"I can't believe I rolled it and the rollcage did not fold" - Bob "hold my beer" Doughnut from St. Pete, FL. 

P.S. - any bets on LOTD posting asking about  "eating crow"?   LMAO!!!!

From everything I read when I was on here in the "00's", Justin's INTENTIONS were true. His EXECUTION was just non existent. He intended on being one of the biggest sand car builders, ever. His merger with Dunebuggy.com showed this and that he had no idea how to do it. Not once during any of this did JUSTIN say, "All other cars are chit... mine will be the best!"

Someone else in the Offroad "world" has, actually done that. That someone can only be... Robby Gordon. 
It's how he ended that ruined it all.. running the old bait and switch on people getting deposits. And then at the very end, a very mysterious "robbery".

You mean RG is a member of The Church of What's Happening Now?

Screenshot_20230217-145130_YouTube.jpg

If your speculation is correct then that means speed did not give the vendor the heat treat spec allowing them to apply what they think.  But that means every batch could be different depending on what the vendor's standards are.  This to me is a pretty big design flaw and leads to big QC issues down the line.  Just my opinion.
Or it forces Speed to call out a specific heat treat and material, with proper QC being applied to the parts, rather than trust the manufacture suggested call outs. I guess time will tell.

Back