Speed UTV

If you have IG, you need to click on Boardmanville post of RG getting towed out of KOH.  Robby chimed in, not a good look.
Serious bad blood brewing there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My Money's on Robby..... He's the guy that walked into Tony Stewarts garage By himself....then Tony threw a punch AFTER his guys had a hold of Robby, then he ran away as fast as he could, while his guys Held Robby....  

Hope they get the trans thing figured out....

I will give RG kudos for addressing the transmission issue so quickly.  

I have a feeling there will be more changes coming on the fly to address issues.   Those with high master numbers will be getting a much better car.  

Those owners getting cars next week are going to be the next testers.   

I will give RG kudos for addressing the transmission issue so quickly.  

I have a feeling there will be more changes coming on the fly to address issues.   Those with high master numbers will be getting a much better car.  

Those owners getting cars next week are going to be the next testers.   
I wonder if the guys destined to get cars next week can opt out for a car at a later date?

Who wants to take delivery of a car with known starter and transmission issues, let alone the possibility of other unknown issues?

That's a genuine bummer for RG and Speed. Finding something like that with a major component at this stage of the game for a new intro is not a good look. Hope they get it squared away quickly.

I wonder if the guys destined to get cars next week can opt out for a car at a later date?

Who wants to take delivery of a car with known starter and transmission issues, let alone the possibility of other unknown issues?
Starter issue is a race car only issue per RG.   The race cars use a different set up.  

The people taking delivery next week will get the updated transmission.   Those people will be taken care of by Speed for being testers.  

Does anyone here really believe the other manufacturers don't test mules out of the publics eyeballs ? 
There was a guy that use to catch Polaris out testing in Barstow area.  He saw a few models before they were released.   My friend saw what is not the Pro R being tested out in Glamis late in the season.  

This is the type of person he is….🤦🏻‍♂️

View attachment 58666
"On March 4, 2011, Gordon was placed on indefinite probation in NASCAR due to an altercation he had with driver Kevin Conway in the garage area the night before.[48] According to published reports, the two were involved in a scuffle over lawsuits each has filed against the other. Las Vegas police confirmed that Conway filed a criminal complaint charging Gordon with misdemeanor battery"

I'm certain that this was all Conway's fault and robbie was just an innocent victim, however he does seem to be involved in precarious situations.  

But threatening millions of potential customers certainly didn't win him any fans.  But hey rwg is the utv messiah, least we ever forget that.  And watch out in the dunes!  

What's your guess? You think anything's missing some teeth. 🤓
LOL, you were right.

Watching the video, either something else happened and this was the last straw, or something's going on in low range.  Did they spend most of their time testing high speed desert?  Can't be a manufacturing problem, as they wouldn't have updated the parts.

Starter issue is a race car only issue per RG.   The race cars use a different set up.  

The people taking delivery next week will get the updated transmission.   Those people will be taken care of by Speed for being testers.  
Didn't someone say RG stocked up extra starters because they were chasing an issue?

Didn't someone say RG stocked up extra starters because they were chasing an issue?
On the show he mentioned something about the race motors not having a compression release and the starter set up they use requires two batteries.   Not sure why they would use a different starter set up than the one that comes on the production cars.    

The production cars allegedly come with a high torque starter. 

It appears RG and company have not been as open about issues as most are lead on to believe.   It seems he is forced to open up when he has blunders like what happen at KOH and he has to squash the uprising.   Still seems rather quick to implement a change in the transmission in a few days and already have the fix in production.  It would think it would take several weeks to get changes into production especially if they are changing a casted part. 

On the show he mentioned something about the race motors not having a compression release and the starter set up they use requires two batteries.   Not sure why they would use a different starter set up than the one that comes on the production cars.    

The production cars allegedly come with a high torque starter. 

It appears RG and company have not been as open about issues as most are lead on to believe.   It seems he is forced to open up when he has blunders like what happen at KOH and he has to squash the uprising.   Still seems rather quick to implement a change in the transmission in a few days and already have the fix in production.  It would think it would take several weeks to get changes into production especially if they are changing a casted part. 
Yes, correct.

In Summary:

Race cars = 2 batteries...they .simply fried the starter at KOH, not sure what fix is if any

Production cars = high torque starter and compression release, 1 battery...supposed to be a non-issue

Trans issue was a known potentially weak spot, now its confirmed - Weddle is already sending the replacement, RG will use this week in KOH at an event.

You don't show everything your working on at ALL times, but when something at a public event happens you clearly communicate the crap out of it really quickly. NO OTHER MFG does that ever when something fails, we don't know shit until the Stop Ride or Recall letter has been sent out, etc.

I don't chalk KOH as a failure for Speed and RG, it is testing in front of your consumer base. It will always be brutal with comments, sneering and trolls....that's everything these days.

As long as he fixes these issues, he will build a very loyal and trusting brand people will buy. The people who are in this sport long term and those who race.

"BNG" folks never last more then a few seasons then move on to other hobbies.

Yes, correct.

In Summary:

Race cars = 2 batteries...they .simply fried the starter at KOH, not sure what fix is if any

Production cars = high torque starter and compression release, 1 battery...supposed to be a non-issue

Trans issue was a known potentially weak spot, now its confirmed - Weddle is already sending the replacement, RG will use this week in KOH at an event.

You don't show everything your working on at ALL times, but when something at a public event happens you clearly communicate the crap out of it really quickly. NO OTHER MFG does that ever when something fails, we don't know chit until the Stop Ride or Recall letter has been sent out, etc.

I don't chalk KOH as a failure for Speed and RG, it is testing in front of your consumer base. It will always be brutal with comments, sneering and trolls....that's everything these days.

As long as he fixes these issues, he will build a very loyal and trusting brand people will buy. The people who are in this sport long term and those who race.

"BNG" folks never last more then a few seasons then move on to other hobbies.
LIke I have said before RG is forced to show things to keep people interested and show their deposit was for not.   Manufactures that are established do not have to do this.    HIs shows are a great documentary on the process from design to manufacturing to delivery.  

Back