Speed UTV

This is the type of person he is….🤦🏻‍♂️

View attachment 58666
You didn’t show the conversation where RG says he will talk to the BLM to make sure they know he is against the railroad project keeping people from getting to or leaving boardmanville. He says because it’s a hazard so for safety reasons. So basically, his cars aren’t performing so he’s lashing out and it will In turn possibly effect everyone in Glamis not just the people clowning on him. Let me see if I can find that conversation.

Lance at BMV and RG have been going back in forth for awhile.... BMV ALWAYS posts up the weekend carnage vids.....so why should Speed not be in there?

But yeah, them dudes have something personal going on  :moof:

Entertaining reading on the BMV instagram page.  Were they friends at one point?  

He sure knows how to push RG's buttons. 

I've been summoned by Crusty to entertain a response to this thread. (Jeezus, 319 pages!!! I think I checked out a little after 200)

Shameless copy and paste of my response on another forum:

The trans issue discovered last week was a surprise to all of us, but was not due to poor design, nor from shifting them. Since Robby said it in his video last night, I guess I can elaborate:

The housings were not the issue of the failure, the gear broke first, which wedged bits of gear teeth through the other gears and had enough force to push the shafts apart, splitting the cases. Robby saying they are adding material to the cases to strengthen them is really just an added benefit to prevent the cases from splitting like that and ruining the whole trans. Gears will eventually break over time and use, when they do finally let go, it is cheaper to not have to replace the entire case as we can just replace what is broken and repair the gearbox.

The gear breakage sucks. Robby called me immediately after the first one broke last week and we discussed. We had hoped it was a fluke failure based on what that transmission was subjected to. This was not a fault that Speed or Weddle could have known about on the variety of transmissions and diffs we have inspected since they came off the assembly line. The issue only became evident once subjected to that level of use. Real world testing will always find the weak links.

The good news is that it is somewhat of an easy fix, other than having to wait a bit longer for revised parts.

I will stand by that anyone who damages this trans because of shifting, is purely on the driver of the vehicle. It is a great feature of the gearbox, but requires knowledge of how to properly operate.

I'll sign off now, I need to get some more Pro-R and Can-Am prep work done before I head out to Hammertown this evening.

I've been summoned by Crusty to entertain a response to this thread. (Jeezus, 319 pages!!! I think I checked out a little after 200)

The trans issue discovered last week was a surprise to all of us, but was not due to poor design, nor from shifting them. Since Robby said it in his video last night, I guess I can elaborate:

The housings were not the issue of the failure, the gear broke first, which wedged bits of gear teeth through the other gears and had enough force to push the shafts apart, splitting the cases. Robby saying they are adding material to the cases to strengthen them is really just an added benefit to prevent the cases from splitting like that and ruining the whole trans. Gears will eventually break over time and use, when they do finally let go, it is cheaper to not have to replace the entire case as we can just replace what is broken and repair the gearbox.

The gear breakage sucks. Robby called me immediately after the first one broke last week and we discussed. We had hoped it was a fluke failure based on what that transmission was subjected to. This was not a fault that Speed or Weddle could have known about on the variety of transmissions and diffs we have inspected since they came off the assembly line. The issue only became evident once subjected to that level of use. Real world testing will always find the weak links.

The good news is that it is somewhat of an easy fix, other than having to wait a bit longer for revised parts.

I will stand by that anyone who damages this trans because of shifting, is purely on the driver of the vehicle. It is a great feature of the gearbox, but requires knowledge of how to properly operate.

I'll sign off now, I need to get some more Pro-R and Can-Am prep work done before I head out to Hammertown this evening.
So it's your fault! Jeezus another 300 pages 😝😝😝 

I kid, I kid! 😅

You all treat Robby like he scammed people out of tens of thousands of dollars and then just kept opening new businesses.... oh Wait no you don't.........

Thank you.

So you get to race prep Speed UTV transmissions too.   LOL!!!!

This was a good video and how they should all be: here’s what happened, here’s what we have, here’s what we’re gonna do. He alllllmost shat on the competition, but stopped himself. Makes it a whole lot easier to root for the guy when he’s just presenting.

Bravo. 

Como?
There's other people around that Literally RIPPED people off, yet they don't get the bad press that Robby does... it's really shocking...

Thank you.

So you get to race prep Speed UTV transmissions too.   LOL!!!!
So far, no, I have not "race prepped" any but one of them. All of the ones they have been using from us are direct from factory other than us opening them up, taking a look to make sure the assembly is good, making a few small adjustments that needed to be addressed on the assembly line, then sealing them up and sending them back.

For what it's worth, even our race prep methods would not have prevented the failure of the gear in these. 

A lot of people give Robby $hit but I will say this. He has been pretty upfront and sharing most information with us. I respect him highly for that. His name and reputation is on this. He wants it right and doesn't want his name drug through the mud. So it took longer than anticipated. So what, most of us have alternative cars or means to buy another ride. Rather do it right the first time and not have a pile crap sitting on the side of road or dune or trail stranded.

Keep making it better Robby!

His "word" does me no good when I'm in the bottom of a bowl with a blown transmission.  

Oh' snap, if its at night perhaps he will be out there hunting b-man ville peeps!  So I assume I would get an assist? 

wasn't there a episode where robbie was explaining something about  using torque limiters in the drive line to lessen the impact on the axels and trans

Back