Speed UTV

He also spoke about losing a clip on the axle and it went right into the case. I'm not sure which car it was. I don't think it was the one where he split his case.

I'm just wondering if there's a difference in what Robbie spec'd parts at and what he's actually getting. These Chinese manufacturers can be shady.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are so many things that throw a red flag with the issues he faced at KOH and the answers he gave for them. Just to name a few and not bashing the manufactures in any way.

Did the test mule get different parts than the production cars? I mean with over 10k miles shouldn’t these issues have reared their heads? So the trans was designed and built by the best. Why did it fail first run out? The issues with the starter. How is this just happening? How about blowing the belt. They tested rigorously with the clutching and specifically focusing on belt temps. They even had a video of wide open driving for long periods of time to check belt temps. So why blow a belt right away in a production car? Did he beat on the test mule or just drive it? So many things don’t add up. I mean anything can break at any time but what are the odds of all the cars entered having an issue? Seems fishy!

There are so many things that throw a red flag with the issues he faced at KOH and the answers he gave for them. Just to name a few and not bashing the manufactures in any way.

Did the test mule get different parts than the production cars? I mean with over 10k miles shouldn’t these issues have reared their heads? So the trans was designed and built by the best. Why did it fail first run out? The issues with the starter. How is this just happening? How about blowing the belt. They tested rigorously with the clutching and specifically focusing on belt temps. They even had a video of wide open driving for long periods of time to check belt temps. So why blow a belt right away in a production car? Did he beat on the test mule or just drive it? So many things don’t add up. I mean anything can break at any time but what are the odds of all the cars entered having an issue? Seems fishy!
Well lets break down your theory,

The "test mule" is not the one that broke, that car ran all weekend, thats the one with over 10K miles

I'm sure Weddle and others are looking at why the gear failed, and I don't think it was its first/only run.

Robby actually didn't say the starter failed on Max's race car, he said the motor doesn't have a compression release and it needs 2 batteries to start, they had a dead battery and not enough juice to make the starter work.

The belt, they have a lot of miles on belts, and have driven the cars over 100mph, so not sure why it failed at the race, but sometimes chit happens, but..........that was not a production car, it was a race car.

All 3 cars had different issues FWIW, Max, broke a spiral clip on a CV, which shoved the axel thru the trans, and he had a blown belt

Robby's race car, blew a belt, and he didn't have a spare, don't know why that is.

The bandit, broke a tooth in a gear that then traveled thru the trans and broke the case.

The "test mule" is not the one that broke, that car ran all weekend, thats the one with over 10K miles

I'm sure Weddle and others are looking at why the gear failed, and I don't think it was its first/only run.

Robby actually didn't say the starter failed on Max's race car, he said the motor doesn't have a compression release and it needs 2 batteries to start, they had a dead battery and not enough juice to make the starter work.

The belt, they have a lot of miles on belts, and have driven the cars over 100mph, so not sure why it failed at the race, but sometimes chit happens, but..........that was not a production car, it was a race car.

All 3 cars had different issues FWIW, Max, broke a spiral clip on a CV, which shoved the axel thru the trans, and he had a blown belt

Robby's race car, blew a belt, and he didn't have a spare, don't know why that is.

The bandit, broke a tooth in a gear that then traveled thru the trans and broke the case.
Maybe he’s pretending to be one of his future customers: going out on a ride with a 36 pack, but no tools or spare belt? :biggrin:

To be clear, my comparisons are to the test mule. I realize none of the cars that broke are the test mule. That IS my point. Why haven’t these issues reared their ugly head in the 10k miles the test mule made? That leads me to wonder if the test mule was built with better parts as to why it lasted so long or the test mule wasn’t really beat on that hard. These would be typical questions I would ask if I was on the waiting list. 

Because 10 miles @ KOH is equals to 10,000 miles of test driving. We race a 1.3 Mil trophy truck.......guess what.....it broke on it's first race. A lot of people say they drive fast. And I am sure the do, but racing is a whole nother animal. 

Because 10 miles @ KOH is equals to 10,000 miles of test driving. We race a 1.3 Mil trophy truck.......guess what.....it broke on it's first race. A lot of people say they drive fast. And I am sure the do, but racing is a whole nother animal. 
I agree, driving fast and racing are two different animals. 

You didn’t show the conversation where RG says he will talk to the BLM to make sure they know he is against the railroad project keeping people from getting to or leaving boardmanville. He says because it’s a hazard so for safety reasons. So basically, his cars aren’t performing so he’s lashing out and it will In turn possibly effect everyone in Glamis not just the people clowning on him. Let me see if I can find that conversation.
You are correct. I read that also… 

To be clear, my comparisons are to the test mule. I realize none of the cars that broke are the test mule. That IS my point. Why haven’t these issues reared their ugly head in the 10k miles the test mule made? That leads me to wonder if the test mule was built with better parts as to why it lasted so long or the test mule wasn’t really beat on that hard. These would be typical questions I would ask if I was on the waiting list. 
I can tell you the belt going on both cars was likely due to running 35" tires wide open and not adjusting the clutch (or the clutch changes they did were not correct) to compensate for the tire size.

I am guessing the same thing with the Bandit and the transmission gear.  I believe he was running 35" tires.   

None of the testing they did was with 35" tires.  I believe Robby mentioned somewhere they designed the car around 32" tires and did not expect there to be a jump to 35" tires so quickly.  

Max's axle clip falling off is a freak deal.  

RG is racing in the UTV rock race today.  We shall see who the Bandit holds up.  If he finishes the race it will be a victory.

The stuff that is happening for us to see we would never see from big manufactures.  The have way more resources to get testing done out of the public's eyes. 

Those 9-10 customers getting cars next week will be the next round of beta testers.   I am almost wondering if RG hand picked those customers because they were willing to be testers for him. 

Not a good start for Robby.  Didn't make it past the first few turns before turning back into the pits.  Then got back out and stalled it.  Got it back running and is on the course now.

Looks like RG did not make it a full lap.  Car looked good while it lasted.

Chaney with another dominate win.   Can Am for go 1 and 2 and Polaris in 3rd.  I guess all the rear suspension jacking RG talked about helped the Can Ams and Polaris  get through the rocks.  LOL!

I have never watched much of KOH before, but watched quite a bit these last few days, these machines are unbelievable, Can Am’s look good. 
I’ll give RG credit, he doesn’t quit. 

Don't know if he is still running. 
right above this post you posted "Looks like RG did not make it a full lap.  Car looked good while it lasted"

Which is it, he didn't finish a lap, or you don't know?

FWIW, he did finally finish the desert lap a few minutes ago, and they had the car on jacks and doing something in the front of the car.

right above this post you posted "Looks like RG did not make it a full lap.  Car looked good while it lasted"

Which is it, he didn't finish a lap, or you don't know?

FWIW, he did finally finish the desert lap a few minutes ago, and they had the car on jacks and doing something in the front of the car.
When I first looked at tracking it did not show RG completing a lap.  Then went back and showed him in the pits not moving with 1 lap completed.    

Back