Speed UTV

Why did RG decide to rock crawling vs just racing the Great American Short course racing?

Why did RG decide to rock crawling vs just racing the Great American Short course racing?
Because the Speed UTV is designed to dominate the desert, not rip around a short course track.  No need for him to get beat by a Yamaha YXZ in short course.   LOL!

Only way to see if his Speed UTV can do the rocks is to hit the rocks.  KOH is the best test for that.   He is not a rock racer and probably had little to no time pre-running.   

Robby posted Max broke a trans....he timed out and didn't see the point in starting with a 1:30 behind.  No mention of the #3 that broke on choc thunder...but it didn't  have race numbers on it, so likely pre production car.  Did say they ran #18 all over and didn't have any issues with that car.???? 

Robby posted Max broke a trans....he timed out and didn't see the point in starting with a 1:30 behind.  No mention of the #3 that broke on choc thunder...but it didn't  have race numbers on it, so likely pre production car.  Did say they ran #18 all over and didn't have any issues with that car.???? 
Trans breaking is never good.  I believe the 2 seater is a production Bandit, which I think he broke a transmission on as well. 

RG is allegedly doing the qualifying for the UTV rock race later this afternoon.  I believe the class he is racing the qualifying starts at 3.

I was at KOH last weekend for the first time ever.  Was hoping to see Speed represent but left Saturday evening and didnt see him pre running Saturday.  Choc Thunder is no joke and neither is many of the rock crawling areas I checked out.  The SXS are built for the insane abuse rock crawlers go through and videos and pics DO NOT do it justice.  For Speed to make it out and not really pre-run the events is just nuts.  I just wish he ran the short course race, cause running the same race track that the unlimited run is crazy, but what do I know. 

I was at KOH last weekend for the first time ever.  Was hoping to see Speed represent but left Saturday evening and didnt see him pre running Saturday.  Choc Thunder is no joke and neither is many of the rock crawling areas I checked out.  The SXS are built for the insane abuse rock crawlers go through and videos and pics DO NOT do it justice.  For Speed to make it out and not really pre-run the events is just nuts.  I just wish he ran the short course race, cause running the same race track that the unlimited run is crazy, but what do I know. 
Yep.  I hear people talk about "wheeling" or "rock crawling" and then see pictures like this:

2019-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-Bison-.4..jpg

And think "oh, that's precious." :biggrin:

JV is no joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back