Speed UTV

Lol. No one’s buying a Class 1 car for $40-60k turnkey.

Either way, point stands: semi-trailing arm is old old old old old tech.

Is it better? Maybe.
Who said anything about the price of a class 1?

Just saying if they went with new new new new tech it wouldn’t be a dying class.

As I said they are going to have desert racing teething pains.   Anyone that thinks the Speed UTV team can just show up and beat the UTV class has not been watching UTV racing over the years.   There are legit racers and teams in the class that are fast.

Looks like Max qualified 15th in class and RG was 20th (DNF).     Max finished in 50+ minutes.   The leading UTV (Can Am X3) of Dustin Jones was 39 minutes.

Out of all the vehicles that qualified yesterday (Trophy Trucks, Spec Trucks, Class 1 and Class 10, etc..).   Dustin Jones qualified 48th overall.  Max is 131st overall and RG with his DNF is 175.   There was a total of 195 vehicles that qualified yesterday.

The fact they still have starter issues is not good.  How can they not have that issue figured out by now.  The had 3 years to figure it out.  LOL!

The KOH announcer just interviewed RG, and I swear he said he got held up because he blew a belt and didn't have a spare. Had to borrow a belt from another team.  I couldn't believe my ears. Maybe I misunderstood??

Last edited by a moderator:
Who said anything about the price of a class 1?

Just saying if they went with new new new new tech it wouldn’t be a dying class.
Ah, my B. Thought it was snark. Yay Internet

As I said they are going to have desert racing teething pains.   Anyone that thinks the Speed UTV team can just show up and beat the UTV class has not been watching UTV racing over the years.   There are legit racers and teams in the class that are fast.

Looks like Max qualified 15th in class and RG was 20th (DNF).     Max finished in 50+ minutes.   The leading UTV (Can Am X3) of Dustin Jones was 39 minutes.

Out of all the vehicles that qualified yesterday (Trophy Trucks, Spec Trucks, Class 1 and Class 10, etc..).   Dustin Jones qualified 48th overall.  Max is 131st overall and RG with his DNF is 175.   There was a total of 195 vehicles that qualified yesterday.

The fact they still have starter issues is not good.  How can they not have that issue figured out by now.  The had 3 years to figure it out.  LOL!
39 minutes is amazing considering they had to roll it back over after every corner. :ninja:

Starter: I can’t imagine they made their own starter for this vehicle, so either supplier issue or the starter relay isn’t happy with how it’s wired. 

The KOH announcer just interviewed RG, and I swear he said he got held up because he blew a belt and didn't have a spare. Had to borrow a belt from another team.  I couldn't believe my ears.
Borrowed a belt from another Speed UTV team…? Lol

Call me crazy, but being in the bottom of a bowl in the middle of the night with a unicorn that won't start.

No bueno.

But maybe it is just me.  

At least with the wifes ghayzer we can light it on fire to keep us warm while we wait to have the unicorn towed out! 

39 minutes is amazing considering they had to roll it back over after every corner. :ninja:

Starter: I can’t imagine they made their own starter for this vehicle, so either supplier issue or the starter relay isn’t happy with how it’s wired. 

Borrowed a belt from another Speed UTV team…? Lol
No chase team to get you parts, you either run back to pits or I think in this case gave it to 1450 truck who was starting his race to drop off.

More hand wringing in SpeedLandia over the KOH effort. "Stupid", "Last minute crap",  even "Joke" used multiple times. Much concern over belt life.

Concern is beginning to bubble up through the euphoria.

Last edited by a moderator:
More hand wringing in SpeedLandia over the KOH effort. "Stupid", "Last minute crap",  even "Joke" used multiple times. Much concern over belt life.

Concern is beginning to bubble up through the euphoria.
Probably the same Haters that have done nothing with their lives and just love to bash Robby any chance they get.  

I do applaud (if it's true) that he wrapped a strap around the primary and got it started.....

Max crossed the finish line but he was pull starting his car with a ratchet strap (some say it was a starter or some say it was electrical issue). I heard Robbie was on the side of the road somewhere. 

On another note, the class 11 was a hoot! effing loved it!!🤣🤣
How do you pull start a car that’s CVT?

Doesn’t it seem weird to have over 10,000 miles on a test mule and not know what’s wrong with the starter? I mean, if they are using the same starter, than they must have changed out a ton of starters for that many miles. 
So true!!

I do applaud (if it's true) that he wrapped a strap around the primary and got it started.....
Snow mobile trick.  Did not know you could do it until a friend showed me a video.  

Back