Speed UTV

Over in SpeedLandia it sounded like RG's car failed to start, and Max lost a belt?? Hard to decipher, but even Nikal voiced a bit of displeasure.

Max crossed the finish line but he was pull starting his car with a ratchet strap (some say it was a starter or some say it was electrical issue). I heard Robbie was on the side of the road somewhere. 

On another note, the class 11 was a hoot! effing loved it!!🤣🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I’m about to be real here. I really want the Speed cars to be as bad ass as they were said to be. I was excited to hear that people were starting to see some cars. On the other hand, there is still that part of me that smirks every time I hear they failed! 

Any news on SpeedUTV racing in KOH?  I think they have a race today.  I really think they are going to dominate the UTV class.
Dude, you are living in fantasy land! Neither finished a 40 mile race and had to start Robby’s like a lawnmower as the starter went out. 
Total joke today, geeez, who would have guessed?! 

Can’t wait for the RG circle jerk of excuses! But don’t fear RG, will show again how the speedutv is still far superior than anything AVAILABLE today.
It’s a blessing that Speed will have the summer to iron out the wrinkles, and stock up on parts. Next dune season will be as chit show of issues. 

I wish it was great from the start, but RG needs to eat some chit after all the “mine is better because I say so” videos. 

Dude, you are living in fantasy land! Neither finished a 40 mile race and had to start Robby’s like a lawnmower as the starter went out. 
Total joke today, geeez, who would have guessed?! 
Well actually they both finished, sooooo

If you read my post from when I talked to Robby a week or so back, and posted here a couple pages back, he told me they were having starter issues, and would be stocking up on those until they figure out what is going on with the starters.

Up until then, if you were watching the race, Max was hauling ass and having a really good run, blew a belt then the starter issue.

That being said, I'm not sure what happened to Robby's car, he finished the last several miles at a super slow pace, so definitely had some issues.

Well actually they both finished, sooooo

If you read my post from when I talked to Robby a week or so back, and posted here a couple pages back, he told me they were having starter issues, and would be stocking up on those until they figure out what is going on with the starters.

Up until then, if you were watching the race, Max was hauling ass and having a really good run, blew a belt then the starter issue.

That being said, I'm not sure what happened to Robby's car, he finished the last several miles at a super slow pace, so definitely had some issues.
Doesn’t it seem weird to have over 10,000 miles on a test mule and not know what’s wrong with the starter? I mean, if they are using the same starter, than they must have changed out a ton of starters for that many miles. 

I think both were E85 cars...so that might have something to do with it.  Kind of bad that the radio silence thing kicks in again... He should come out and say what happened...I mean Damn if you are getting ready to ship 500 cars with bad starters....then somebody F'd up. 

I think both were E85 cars...so that might have something to do with it.  Kind of bad that the radio silence thing kicks in again... He should come out and say what happened...I mean Damn if you are getting ready to ship 500 cars with bad starters....then somebody F'd up. 
He replied on a post on Facebook and said starter and belt made him time out. I don't think anybody bought it.

If only Class 1 went to multi-link..Make Class 1 Great Again!
Lol. No one’s buying a Class 1 car for $40-60k turnkey.

Either way, point stands: semi-trailing arm is old old old old old tech.

Is it better? Maybe.

Is it 10 years ahead of the curve? Lulz. Robbie should put fins on the Speed and call it some sort of super atomic whizbang or whatever it was when semi-trailing arms were invented. 

Lol. No one’s buying a Class 1 car for $40-60k turnkey.

Either way, point stands: semi-trailing arm is old old old old old tech.

Is it better? Maybe.

Is it 10 years ahead of the curve? Lulz. Robbie should put fins on the Speed and call it some sort of super atomic whizbang or whatever it was when semi-trailing arms were invented. 
I don’t remember but is the semi- trailing arm design one of his patents? 

looks like there are alot more growing pains on the horizon.  First you have to finish before you can finish first I was really hoping to see them finish the race strong.

Pretty quiet over in SpeedLandia...

Back