Speed UTV

They left off the gnarliest event of the whole weekend....getting out of there on Sunday.  The road leaving Hammers on Sunday makes Wash road on a holiday weekend look like the Autobahn. 
Yeah my bro has been to KOH a couple times and said we are leaving Saturday after lunch.  

Everyone is saying the Pro R and upcoming Can Am have made his design obsolete. Robbie, being a sensitive ego racecar driver wants to prove otherwise. Maybe he’s lurking here… :bag:
My prediction is only one of the Speed UTVs will finish the desert race at KOH and it will not be in the top 10.  If they do finish the race that will be a good accomplishment.  Too many well seasoned teams racing with proven cars.    

Wonder if he will use the E85 tune.  

Should be an interesting desert racing season with Speed in the mix.  

My prediction is only one of the Speed UTVs will finish the desert race at KOH and it will not be in the top 10.  If they do finish the race that will be a good accomplishment.  Too many well seasoned teams racing with proven cars.    

I would guess the race gas version, since range might be a problem...

Anything on why they didn't enter in the full course race?

I would guess the race gas version, since range might be a problem...

Anything on why they didn't enter in the full course race?
The Parker race did not happen and BITD is using the desert race as points race in the BITD series.  Hence why all the top UTV teams are racing. 

My guess is they do not have a car built specifically for the KOH rock race.   That and they have absolutely no chance of beating Chaney or the Miller brothers in the rocks.  Stacked field in that race.  Also the El Jeffe is too big.  They would need a Bandit.

The Parker race did not happen and BITD is using the desert race as points race in the BITD series.  Hence why all the top UTV teams are racing. 

My guess is they do not have a car built specifically for the KOH rock race.   That and they have absolutely no chance of beating Chaney or the Miller brothers in the rocks.  Stacked field in that race.  Also the El Jeffe is too big.  They would need a Bandit.
They'll have to eventually.  Whenever there's a "buggy or SxS" conversation on a desert forum, the rock crawling aspect almost always comes up.  

They'll have to eventually.  Whenever there's a "buggy or SxS" conversation on a desert forum, the rock crawling aspect almost always comes up.  
I think they will do the rocks once the Bandit or El Diablo are in production.  

He's not even racing. And he's not bringing any race-only, chromoly tig welded cars either. All he is bringing is pre production test mules. He's not even bringing the #18 production car that just arrived,  based on what I saw. Bad move on his part. If #18 ain't there, that's a problem. 

Last edited by a moderator:
He's not even racing. And he's not bringing any race-only, chromoly tig welded cars either. All he is bringing is pre production test mules. He's not even bringing the #18 production car that just arrived,  based on what I saw. Bad move on his part. If #18 ain't there, that's a problem. 
I might have been wrong. Apparently he's got two rigs and one does have at least car 18. Should be an interesting weekend...

Back