Speed UTV

I see this a lot, mostly gayzers and can hams, this pulled up over the dune right in front of camp, this weekend,  blew out his front drivers side. Also seeing many pro r's wade up, but many of them seem to be getting (limping) out with field repairs and doing the major work later.  I'm sure the unicorns will never be seen behind this rescue rig, they are way to perfect to ever break.  

View attachment 57686
I hope the arms break in a similar fashion.  The connection points on the Speed UTV are a little beefier, but similar to Gayzers and Canned Hams (1/2" ish bolts through rubber bushings), except it's the diff housing as a stressed member. Something will have to break.  Hopefully that's the arms, as Joe Schmoe can swap those out pretty easily and they're mirrored.  

If not, maybe Joe Fab and Harvey will start setting up diffs in the dunes... :biggrin:

dollar-bill.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
All about ratio though...

There are 100 sxs's to 1 sand car out there these days so obviously there's gonna be more of this seen.

:biggrin:
Very true, most Rails breaks are happening on cars with lots of dune time and are over 12 years old.  Stub axles, midboards and such need attention at some point.  Don't see tons of front ends rip off unless it was a very hard hit.  But then again, the math does say you will see less sand cars broken.

I think most of these front ends being ripped off is from inexperience.  I lead our group on pretty good paced rides, I seem to be able to miss most and drive home.

Very true, most Rails breaks are happening on cars with lots of dune time and are over 12 years old.  Stub axles, midboards and such need attention at some point.  Don't see tons of front ends rip off unless it was a very hard hit.  But then again, the math does say you will see less sand cars broken.

I think most of these front ends being ripped off is from inexperience.  I lead our group on pretty good paced rides, I seem to be able to miss most and drive home.
I miss the good old days back in 2000 - 2008 when everyone was getting new rails and stuffing them in the dunes.  Joe Fab would of made a fortune back then.  Thank goodness there were no cell phones and instagram pages to document it.  

My friend Bret at work said his brother who lives in Havasu went and talked to Robby over the weekend with his buddy...got the whole spiel from him and sold him and his buddy cars.

Bret said his brother's is order # 833????

Pretty sure there is way more than that on order/pre order but what are some of the guys numbers here that they are slotted at?
Speed has a list of preorder cancellation requests. In other words, since the deposit is non-refundable. People that wish to cancel their preorders contact Speed and inform them so. Then their spot becomes available and an interested new customer can get a better place in line. 

So your buddy got one of those spots id assume. I'm #2256 and I know there are at least masters in the high 3,000s

I see this a lot, mostly gayzers and can hams, this pulled up over the dune right in front of camp, this weekend,  blew out his front drivers side. Also seeing many pro r's wade up, but many of them seem to be getting (limping) out with field repairs and doing the major work later.  I'm sure the unicorns will never be seen behind this rescue rig, they are way to perfect to ever break.  

View attachment 57686
I figured this would have been photo shopped by now.  :lol:

Speed has a list of preorder cancellation requests. In other words, since the deposit is non-refundable. People that wish to cancel their preorders contact Speed and inform them so. Then their spot becomes available and an interested new customer can get a better place in line. 

So your buddy got one of those spots id assume. I'm #2256 and I know there are at least masters in the high 3,000s
So you have put your money down and been waiting patiently at # 2256. Then some random person stops into the Speed dealer in Havasu and buys # 833 and jumps way in front of you? That would not make me very happy if I were in that situation. 

So you have put your money down and been waiting patiently at # 2256. Then some random person stops into the Speed dealer in Havasu and buys # 833 and jumps way in front of you? That would not make me very happy if I were in that situation. 
Not really. That car was always going to be ahead of me. Not sure the financials now, but just 6-8 months ago people were selling their place in line for a profit, sometimes $5k+. I'm sure the guy that bought spot 833 paid WAY more than I will pay. I got my spot when the Diablo LE was $31.5k. It's now listed for $45.5k. I'm fine with waiting to keep my lower price  :classic_wink:

its nice to see some cars in the US but when are they going to get a actual factory and production line rolling I would order one but i'm to impulsive couldn't wait 6 month let alone years.12 cars and haven't heard anything about more i would think the should be able to produce 20 cars a day if the factory was operational. my feeling at this rate he is selling people on a concept that will be outdated by the time they are actually delivered polaris and can am both step it up every year. i was very interested in the beginning when robbie was talking about 300 hp and a factory big bore kit now polaris has a 4cyl and the aftermarket will have it pushing some impressive hp numbers soon and i'm sure can am will follow suit and go with a bigger engine as well.
I talked with tod a few months ago and they have already planed on making a 4 cylinder 2000cc motor with the current motor parts by mating 2 of their current motors together so it will have many of the same manufacturer parts. 

I talked with tod a few months ago and they have already planed on making a 4 cylinder 2000cc motor with the current motor parts by mating 2 of their current motors together so it will have many of the same manufacturer parts. 
that would be great but im sure thats a few years down the road

Back