Speed UTV

They do when you put a huge amount of boost and a big ass turbo and build up the internals.   All are on race gas or E85.  Twin cylinder at that kind of hp is not going to last long.   There is a reason the drag UTV guys all race cars with triple cylinder motors.  
I said a production motor not an aftermarket time bomb. 

Screenshot_20210909-125259_Instagram.jpg

I said a production motor not an aftermarket time bomb. 

View attachment 13641
Glamishub has been on fire this week!   There are even more memes.  This meme was created by a member from the old site.   He has a few others that are pretty funny.   Did you read the comments?  RG is in there commenting away. 

Can Am X3 motor is very reliable at 250 - 300hp.   

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is a great place to mention Robby designed the cargo bed for easy access to the engine for headache free maintenance. I post this not only because it's true, but any overt support of RG just pushes some people that much closer to the edge.
He did the same thing when designing the Wildcat XX.   It is awesome to be able to have easy access to the motor. 

Here's Robby's reply to the footsteps in the sand meme:

robbygordon
@outtakaliacres cool thing is we are the only manufacturer that has its brand on the tire treads so there will be Speed S Tracks everywhere soon enough enjoy the CROW
So that's why he put the logo on the tire thread. So everyone would know who is in front of them.

:lol:

Glamishub has been on fire this week!   There are even more memes.  This meme was created by a member from the old site.   He has a few others that are pretty funny.   Did you read the comments?  RG is in there commenting away. 

Can Am X3 motor is very reliable at 250 - 300hp.   
I have no dog in the fight, I just think the whole thing is funny. I'm just wondering when he'll makes a deal to sell coke with the FBI. 

I have no dog in the fight, I just think the whole thing is funny. I'm just wondering when he'll makes a deal to sell coke with the FBI. 
LMAO!!!  Maybe selling it to the ghost campers on Gecko with the FBI ready to swoop in.  

I was thinking more of a John DeLorean situation. Probably before your time. :lol:
I knew what you were referring to.  I was around then.  LOL!   

I was just trying to bring in something we at Glamis can relate to. 

This has gotten to be a very entertaining thread. I have nothing in this game so just a spectator. I have to say though that I am very surprised at the folks that are so pissed off at late delivery. Almost any new product doesn’t meet the advertised delivery date. Look how late Tesla was with their first cars and every model since and they had billions in funding. Many others are years late or flaming out entirely. Apple has been late with phones, the list goes on and on. So here you have a small, start-up company developing a new vehicle and new manufacturing for this product, then you throw COVID and supply chain disruptions into the fray and some of you are mad they are late? You should be happy Speed is still in the game and moving forward. Most would have gone BK by now with your deposits gone. 

This has gotten to be a very entertaining thread. I have nothing in this game so just a spectator. I have to say though that I am very surprised at the folks that are so pissed off at late delivery. Almost any new product doesn’t meet the advertised delivery date. Look how late Tesla was with their first cars and every model since and they had billions in funding. Many others are years late or flaming out entirely. Apple has been late with phones, the list goes on and on. So here you have a small, start-up company developing a new vehicle and new manufacturing for this product, then you throw COVID and supply chain disruptions into the fray and some of you are mad they are late? You should be happy Speed is still in the game and moving forward. Most would have gone BK by now with your deposits gone. 
What is surprising to me is the hater posts on FB. People who don't have a deposit, who don't have any real reason to be discussing it, are making up wild stories and claiming all kinds of crazy stuff and just plain stirring up crap.

Apparently celebrities have haters and Robby has his fair share or more. I've met him 3 times in Glamis and all 3 times he was very down to earth and friendly. One time his Gordini had fuel pump problems at the base of Olds and he had every reason to be frustrated, but he was very cheerful and friendly even then.

Somehow, some people have gotten the impression he's a d1ck, or arrogant or egotistical. Maybe he has acted that way to other people, I don't know. I think a lot of people confuse confidence with arrogance. I think arrogance is when someone looks down on others, confidence is when the guy is sure he's going to win the race. He's concentrating on his own performance, not putting down someone else for no reason. I was always taught that was the sign of a loser - someone so jealous of other people's success, they have to talk crap to drag others down to their level.

Now it's 2021, and this is how people behave. Why? Because people let them.

Here's my favorite clip from "Mr Inbetween." Ray is a bouncer/assassin/defender of respect. Two punks bumped into his daughter, making her drop her ice cream cone. Then they talked crap to him instead of apologizing, so he put one in the hospital and was court ordered to go to anger management classes. He feels the reason there are so many arseholes in the world is because nobody stands up and bashes them in the face. I think he's onto something.

Those race UTVs are badass!   Good show.  

That was a great show that Daniel did last night. Weird how they took it down not only from YouTube but also their Facebook page and their speed utv.com page under University section. 

I wonder if it had something to do with the camera showing video of his Unicorn TT in the background perhaps?

Strange, looks like the video was taken down?  I had it open in another tab to watch later, but no good now... and I no longer seed #73 here: https://www.youtube.com/c/SpeedUTV/videos

-TJ

Maybe they are editing it to take out the shots of Robby's trophy truck.  He puts tarps on that thing when they take it to contingency at races so people can not get pictures of his secret parts. 

Probably my biggest complaint about these videos, with the exception of Todd's videos, is they consistently have audio problems at some time in the video. I'm not sure if the FB and IG feeds suffer from that problem (apparently they're using 3 different phones for the different platforms) but the YT videos I watch always seem to have audio dropouts. I think it's kinda funny, since I have several wireless lapel mics and have never had these sorts of problems.   LOL

Maybe they took down the YT video because Daniel mentioned they would send you a free T-shirt if you commented below. Maybe they decided not to give out that many free T-shirts. Or maybe they showed something secret on the Unicorn...

Probably my biggest complaint about these videos, with the exception of Todd's videos, is they consistently have audio problems at some time in the video. I'm not sure if the FB and IG feeds suffer from that problem (apparently they're using 3 different phones for the different platforms) but the YT videos I watch always seem to have audio dropouts. I think it's kinda funny, since I have several wireless lapel mics and have never had these sorts of problems.   LOL

Maybe they took down the YT video because Daniel mentioned they would send you a free T-shirt if you commented below. Maybe they decided not to give out that many free T-shirts. Or maybe they showed something secret on the Unicorn...

Looks legit to me... :dunno:

speed audio.png

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back