Speed UTV

Has anyone asked for their return of funds (deposits, parts and accessories ordered and paid for)? I would think once you buy parts and accessories,.. you bought them. Maybe someone can look at their contract/bill... terms and conditions of sale, etc.

If you're getting cold feet, isn't it relatively easy (now) to sell your parts and spot(s)?

abc

Natural growing pains starting a full new vehicle and production line, .. I get that, but unless you're part of the global supply machine, folks have NO CLUE how bad it is. I'm in the mix and it's insane. Just got back from lunch with a customer. They're a contract manufacturer and their end customer is picking the bones of everything at their facility to have the CM retrofit and product anything they can as they wait 6-12 months for components. COVID really threw a wrench in everything supply related. He just got really really 'unlucky' with his timing.

Deceive, No not at all to keep all the fish on the line and not demanding money back or class action law suites

A-B-S-O-E-F-F-I-N-G-L-U-T-L-Y
Since I have no "horse" in the race... YET..... This is exactly how I feel about all of this. Hence why I am still at the "Yet" stage

This could be played so many ways.

The Bat:             Vs                    The Horse:

Nikal                                             Buff

RG                                                 CanAm/Polaris

Lord of ????                                 The Owl

Delayed orders                            Your bank account

Last edited by a moderator:
This sums it up perfectly:

He's honestly busting balls trying to get these delivered, but I don't think he's telling the troof either since he's in a pickle.  If he is actually transparent, people will leave in a mass exodus, which means his company dries up, so he's doing what he can to keep that from happening.  The truth is there's NFW he's close to real production that results in people getting their rides sometime in the next 6 months.  Keep in mind that the "production" units we see are merely pre-production mules in any other parlance.  These are likely built with hand-picked components from his suppliers so he doesn't go somewhere else with his large-batch order.  This is where a lot of the "pre-production" testing with other manufacturers like Polaris (which was shat on multiple times in this thread for rushing testing) is performed. 

So, you tell me: do you want him to rush this and place his large-batch orders after a couple of weeks of testing (3-6 months is the fastest lead time I'm getting right now on build-to-order items), or do you think he's going to wait a couple of months before placing orders to vet actual production methods (not billet items built to dimensions)?  Keep in mind that even a couple of months of testing on production mules is still very truncated.

Hopefully he succeeds, I have friends who have money with him and I'd hate to see them get hosed.
Keep in mind, he's already tested one prototype about 2500 mi, the other prototype I believe also has about the same amount of miles on it. Based on those, I believe he made all of the major design changes to drivetrain, etc.

He's also said he had to recently fine tune the fit of the body panels slightly in one area, but IIRC, that's about it for changes. I think the latest changes were the reason why the first pre-production unit was built, but there was such a long gap between the 1st and 2nd pre-production unit.

My understanding is that the 10 pre-prod cars will be tested and then any needed changes after that will implemented and they will go into production. Honestly, after that many miles off road (and they used a lot of instrumentation to monitor everything) I would think that any weak points or issues would have been found and worked out. I *think* that they've got all of the kinks worked out now and these 10 pre-prod units will finish testing with no failures.

Based on that, I'm about 2-3 months more optimistic than you about the first customer cars, which isn't too much of a difference. I absolutely want these fully tested before delivery and I think with 10 of these getting beat on simultaneously, it should be pretty thorough without taking forever.

Who knows, I have no idea if any parts are backordered, or if he's going to have supply chain problems in the future. If he doesn't, it will be a miracle. I'd much rather they spent the time testing them thoroughly, that's for sure. Even if he has a part backordered, that will give him more time for testing.

OTOH, all of these supply chain issues seem to be slowly getting worked out. I just heard that lumber prices have dropped huge. 100 bdft was $405 before covid, hit a high of over $1600 and just dropped back down to just over $500. That's a really good sign for builders, let's hope other supply chains are catching up as well.  

Keep in mind, he's already tested one prototype about 2500 mi, the other prototype I believe also has about the same amount of miles on it. Based on those, I believe he made all of the major design changes to drivetrain, etc.

He's also said he had to recently fine tune the fit of the body panels slightly in one area, but IIRC, that's about it for changes. I think the latest changes were the reason why the first pre-production unit was built, but there was such a long gap between the 1st and 2nd pre-production unit.

My understanding is that the 10 pre-prod cars will be tested and then any needed changes after that will implemented and they will go into production. Honestly, after that many miles off road (and they used a lot of instrumentation to monitor everything) I would think that any weak points or issues would have been found and worked out. I *think* that they've got all of the kinks worked out now and these 10 pre-prod units will finish testing with no failures.

Based on that, I'm about 2-3 months more optimistic than you about the first customer cars, which isn't too much of a difference. I absolutely want these fully tested before delivery and I think with 10 of these getting beat on simultaneously, it should be pretty thorough without taking forever.

Who knows, I have no idea if any parts are backordered, or if he's going to have supply chain problems in the future. If he doesn't, it will be a miracle. I'd much rather they spent the time testing them thoroughly, that's for sure. Even if he has a part backordered, that will give him more time for testing.

OTOH, all of these supply chain issues seem to be slowly getting worked out. I just heard that lumber prices have dropped huge. 100 bdft was $405 before covid, hit a high of over $1600 and just dropped back down to just over $500. That's a really good sign for builders, let's hope other supply chains are catching up as well.  
Those initial pre-prods would be just prototypes to vet the dynamics of the design.  Second run you see above would be to vet the production process and shake out any issues with the manufacturing process (including weakly cast parts). This takes a while.

You sound like you understand what's really happening here, but you have to admit there's been a lot of Neverdull applied to this turd so far.  I'm hoping, like I'm sure you are, he'll get it shiny in the end and life will be sunshine, rainbows and busty women for all. :biggrin:

How much is $1500 worth of beer?    :lol:

Deceive, No not at all to keep all the fish on the line and not demanding money back or class action law suites

A-B-S-O-E-F-F-I-N-G-L-U-T-L-Y
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might just buy one, IF, I can sit with Robbie and Todd next to their keg of beer @ SSSS. 

I might just buy one, IF, I can sit with Robbie and Todd next to their keg of beer @ SSSS. 
It's a trap, like that catch a predator thing they use to have on TV.  They will lure you in and then ask you what social medial you use.  They will find you and if you talked bad about Speed they will cancel your ass.  LMAO!!!!!!

The designer sat at his drafting board
A wealth of knowledge in his head was stored
Like "What can be done on a radial drill
Or a turret lathe or a vertical mill?”

But above all things a knack he had
Of driving gentle machinists mad.
So he mused as he thoughtfully scratched his bean
"Just how can I make this thing hard to machine?

If I make this perfect body straight
The job had ought to come out first rate
But would be so easy to turn and bore
That it would never make a machinist sore

So I'll put a compound taper there
And a couple of angles to make them swear
And brass would work for this little gear
But its too damned easy to work I fear

So just to make the machinist squeal
I'll make him mill it from tungsten steel
And I'll put these holes that hold the cap
Down underneath where they can't be tapped

Now if they can make this it'll just be luck
Cause it can't be held by dog or chuck
And it can't be planed and it cant be ground
So I feel my design is unusually sound.

And he shouted in glee, "Success at last!
This dam thing can't even be cast.

I think this is a great place to mention Robby designed the cargo bed for easy access to the engine for headache free maintenance. I post this not only because it's true, but any overt support of RG just pushes some people that much closer to the edge.
but can you fit a deer in the bed? That's what I want to know!

but can you fit a deer in the bed? That's what I want to know!
I think so, the El Diablo bed is 4' x 5' with a real tailgate, complete with cup holders. Gotta have a place to set your beer down.    :thumb:

Back