Speed UTV

Well refi is out of the question. My friend and his partner are the top producers nationwide for their company doing home mortgages. He and his partner run an office in San Clemente.

He's down 75% (from this last 14 year run of easy money and doesn't 'understand' that rate were above 10% in the 80's.. got as high as 18.6% in 82 if my memory serves me .. I was 10 years old then, but my parents remember.. for sure).. other friends of mine who do refi's are down 85%.

His personal assistant was making $15k/month.. now she's making $2k-$3k/month.. NO BODY with a 3% fixed loan is refinancing... only those that have to. My friend and his partner were making over a Mil/year.. they'll be fighting to make $250k/year for a while IMO.

Remember all those dudes that used equity to buy rails prior to the financial crash?

:makerain:

:okiedokie:

Our whole group had built Rhino's back then and only my friend who owns a fire/flood restoration company and myself bought rails. The rest of our group.. bunch of low life flat billers.. lost everything. 

We both bought in 2009.. me in April, my buddy got his Buckshot in July. It was weird.

abc

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend sent this to me the other day and while this is not exactly about Speed, some of the conclusions might be the same and its pretty funny if you are a Car person...  and this thread could use a bit of fun

Anything with a ring and pinion has a lot more setup in it than your regular transmission as I said in my other post: pinion depth/centering, backlash, preload.  Some of these will affect other parts of the setup, so it either takes good tools and lots of experience, or 57 iterations of install, check, move a shim, repeat. You're shimming to the thousandths on most R&P setups, so setup is critical.  Check preload on the pinion gear. Good? Check backlash.  Good?  Check pattern on the drive and coast side.  Centered, but too deep? Pull it apart and re-shim.  Screw it up and you'll be doing it again fairly quickly, and with the straight cut gears in the front diff, you probably won't hear your screwup until it cooks off on you. :biggrin:

Like I said: doable, but not a regular Joe Schmoe type job.  99% of us, including someone like me who's done it before (maybe especially me, lol), is going to send it off for rebuild.
Is R&P backlash as critical on straight cut gears? Because I believe front diff is straight cut. 

Supposed to be a follow-up to this with a Pro R comparison.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn5SboDslmR/
Looks like what was promised. A turn-key purchase with higher (supposed) quality. I totally get it and hope it makes Polaris/Joyner and Canned Ham improve their stock rides.

I bought my 2019 RZR Turbo S Velocity in 2020 (last model at the dealer) and the 2021 orange one from a board member in November 2021 (with 1 mile on it). 

I'm still  not done with upgrades, bolt-ons and recalls.

Should have both completely DONE in a couple of months (since I'm out of action due to my recent surgery).

Full disclosure, SPEED was not an option I considered as my TH (which I've put a ton of $$ into) is a Super Light with only 72" wide (exactly) the width of the car, for the front tires at the carpeted wheel wells.

I think at the end of the day, the money spent will be the same (as buying a SPEED). Once the boxed arms are installed I'll do a 'walk around'.. maybe next to a SPEED if I can ever find one...  :rofl:

Those welds are horrible on the Canned Ham.. need to look at my welds on the stock portion of my SXSs. I already know many things that are sub-par .. 5 recalls.. so many upgrades (and issues with the upgrades).. I've lost count. .. ugh.

abc

944A84ED-1FE9-40DA-A1F5-94482D1098BB.jpeg

Looks like what was promised. A turn-key purchase with higher (supposed) quality. I totally get it and hope it makes Polaris/Joyner and Canned Ham improve their stock rides.

I bought my 2019 RZR Turbo S Velocity in 2020 (last model at the dealer) and the 2021 orange one from a board member in November 2021 (with 1 mile on it). 

I'm still  not done with upgrades, bolt-ons and recalls.

Should have both completely DONE in a couple of months (since I'm out of action due to my recent surgery).

Full disclosure, SPEED was not an option I considered as my TH (which I've put a ton of $$ into) is a Super Light with only 72" wide (exactly) the width of the car, for the front tires at the carpeted wheel wells.

I think at the end of the day, the money spent will be the same (as buying a SPEED). Once the boxed arms are installed I'll do a 'walk around'.. maybe next to a SPEED if I can ever find one...  :rofl:

Those welds are horrible on the Canned Ham.. need to look at my welds on the stock portion of my SXSs. I already know many things that are sub-par .. 5 recalls.. so many upgrades (and issues with the upgrades).. I've lost count. .. ugh.

abc

View attachment 57381
At least you have had cars to play with. Vs being on terminal hold like some of my friends that have been waiting. Hope they will be great cars for those that have waited. I do wonder: Has there been a documented case of ANY welds failing on a Can Am or RZR? Yes we all know their shortcomings otherwise. I just find it funny how so many people get hung up on how pretty a weld has to be. 

b961b7ce12ed6b3a2886803fb3fc96f3.jpg

At least you have had cars to play with. Vs being on terminal hold like some of my friends that have been waiting. Hope they will be great cars for those that have waited. I do wonder: Has there been a documented case of ANY welds failing on a Can Am or RZR? Yes we all know their shortcomings otherwise. I just find it funny how so many people get hung up on how pretty a weld has to be. 

View attachment 57382
 Yup... I really never considered buying a SPEED for aformentioned reasons so I truly have no dog in this fight. . but ABC always likes to stiir the 'anxiety' pot.

As I mentioned in this thread 20 pages ago, my one buddy is bailing on his spot (he won't have a car until 2024+) and his friend who is earlier is on the fence.

Yup, I brought The Orange One to KOH 2022. All it had was an aftermarket cage, steering wheel, accent lights and a bumper. Good thing I brought it as The Black One had a giant bolt work it's way out from the motor and destroyed the clutch (now a recall). So me and a buddy brought both out and had The Black One running for about 30 mintues.. drove The Orange One all weekend.

abc

Walk around with a pro r. Test in the desert later today. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cn-D_cYJ127/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I watched part of it.  It was interesting to watch them compare the two.   Be more interesting to watch them to the desert test later today.    

Polaris does not even offer the sport Pro R trim for 2023, which was the base.  They only offer the premium and ultimate.  Premium has ride command and the walker shocks.   You would think in the desert he would want to compare his Speed UTV shocks against the live value model Pro R.  

I think the reason he is doing a slow rollout of cars to customers is avoid any major issue and get anything corrected before the 500 cars get produced. 

The death of the brand will be if he does not have parts and dealer support for warranty work and service. 
He has been producing parts for over a year. I'm not sure where the concern for parts is coming from. Sure, right this second, dealers that joined him don't have parts, but I guarantee you there are enough parts here in the states to build a whole other car. Surely enough to support these firsts 12.

Once they are in full production, dealers will have to carry at least 10% of the car in spares. 

Spare parts are only going to be an issue, in the short term, at glamis. Like, you're not gonna find parts on vendor row. But Coyne will have parts, so just a little drive.

I’m not sure my Turbo S models are as bad as the Pro R, but I’ve been commenting on body roll for some time.

My old 2014 XP1000 has boxed arms, is the 64” wide model and has WAY less body roll. Also it’s actually 68” with the offset bead locks.

if I was to do over I would have bought 2 64” wide XP1000 Turbos.

It also has a rebuilt 1111cc motor.

It’s all around better for a SXS in size, body roll., etc. I could bought 2 new ones easy they still sell them, right?

abc

A551C153-7715-4EEF-BEE7-B5D72D379DE6.jpeg

03A690DB-B7F9-40D3-972C-9BF5D2F13672.jpeg

2524F1A4-5119-495C-BD71-78CAA2101A95.jpeg

6CEA1461-8F33-49CF-A7C0-E4DB4313502A.jpeg

He has been producing parts for over a year. I'm not sure where the concern for parts is coming from. Sure, right this second, dealers that joined him don't have parts, but I guarantee you there are enough parts here in the states to build a whole other car. Surely enough to support these firsts 12.

Once they are in full production, dealers will have to carry at least 10% of the car in spares. 

Spare parts are only going to be an issue, in the short term, at glamis. Like, you're not gonna find parts on vendor row. But Coyne will have parts, so just a little drive.
They also kept making changes to the car.  So I doubt they have been stock piling parts for a year.   When are dealers slated to get cars?  

Do they even have the parts system finalized and the service manual for the dealers done? 

The cars in the videos looks good.  

I’m not sure my Turbo S models are as bad as the Pro R, but I’ve been commenting on body roll for some time.

My old 2014 XP1000 has boxed arms, is the 64” wide model and has WAY less body roll. Also it’s actually 68” with the offset bead locks.

if I was to do over I would have bought 2 64” wide XP1000 Turbos.

It also has a rebuilt 1111cc motor.

It’s all around better for a SXS in size, body roll., etc. I could bought 2 new ones easy they still sell them, right?

abc

View attachment 57429

View attachment 57430

View attachment 57431

View attachment 57432
Body roll is minimal on the Pro R with the live valve shocks.   No one I ride with has the pro r with the Walker Evans shocks 

Is R&P backlash as critical on straight cut gears? Because I believe front diff is straight cut. 
Most likely since you’re shimming to get the diff positioned correctly on the pinion. Never dealt with a straight R&P before, so just a guess

Body roll is minimal on the Pro R with the live valve shocks.   No one I ride with has the pro r with the Walker Evans shocks 
Interesting.. guy who rents all the SXS convinced me to NOT get the Dynamic version cause ‘more stuff to break’ but I have way more in the car suspension wise than the 5k extra for Dynamic.

$3500 to Shock Therapy 

$7500 powder coated box arms from Foodrill, powder coating still not finished my Embee Performance 

So that’s $11k PER car since I have 2 identical ones.

Since I’m in semiconductors as my business I decided to agree with him and go with the Velocity versions 

I think mine will be 100% done by the time my arm is OK… April.

Anyone hear of the Dynamic versionS failing due to getting them wet or just ANY failure? I assume you could factory warranty all that, but what if they say ‘you got it wet??

Dealer gave me that bullshit line for one of. My aftermarket radios failing.

Nice to know folks are enjoying the Dynamics.

abc

PS.C40DD0D3-E49D-4E78-9961-EC89439BCF91.jpeg

Interesting.. guy who rents all the SXS convinced me to NOT get the Dynamic version cause ‘more stuff to break’ but I have way more in the car suspension wise than the 5k extra for Dynamic.

$3500 to Shock Therapy 

$7500 powder coated box arms from Foodrill, powder coating still not finished my Embee Performance 

So that’s $11k PER car since I have 2 identical ones.

Since I’m in semiconductors as my business I decided to agree with him and go with the Velocity versions 

I think mine will be 100% done by the time my arm is OK… April.

Anyone hear of the Dynamic versionS failing due to getting them wet or just ANY failure? I assume you could factory warranty all that, but what if they say ‘you got it wet??

Dealer gave me that bullshit line for one of. My aftermarket radios failing.

Nice to know folks are enjoying the Dynamics.

abc

PS.View attachment 57457
Of my friends with Dynamic suspension only one had an issue with his Dynamic suspension on a XP Pro that he purchased last year (Covid built).  His issue happen when he first go it and it was something with the computer putting it in the fail safe mode, which is full compression.       Turbo S cars with lots of miles on them and no issues.   Friends with Pro Rs so far have no issues with the Dynamic suspension.   

Back