Speed UTV

We've seen a hundred sxs's with front ends ripped off from cartwheeling. If those things end up breaking or cracking it'll end up costing two or three times what other cars cost to fix. You know people will find a way to rip the horns off that. Only time will tell.

Somebody mentioned that he makes those in billet for desert racers??
I am not 100% up to speed on costs for replacement parts but.......

If a Speed stuffs into a rock/witches eye/????? and breaks a suspension tab Vs CanAm/Polaris hits the same thing and bends the frame.....What is cheaper/easier to fix? Speed bulkhead is built/sold in parts. You have to replace half the bulkhead. Canam/Polaris, you have to replace a bent frame. 

I might be incorrect on the Canam Polaris but my buddy stuffed his Canam into a witches eye. It didn't break any major parts "off" the car. but it bent the frame enough that he had to replace it. Of course insurance pad for it. 

I am not saying one design is better than the other, two different ideas and both will work. You chose the one you like better. 

Now if I am in the middle of Baja and I break a tab off or damage the bulkhead......I am effed. If I bent the frame, I probably could half ass repair it to get home. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Forged or cast?  Close up pics looked cast...

View attachment 43694

View attachment 43690

I wouldn't be terribly concerned about the mounts breaking off/wearing out unless it was a major wreck, but it being the diff case, along with it being the lowest part of the front suspension with no skid plate, it would suck if it broke a lot more than tabs.  
You need a sacrificial part to absorb or break in a cartwheel type wreck.  This part will bent/brake instead of the energy transferring to the frame and tweaking it.  

Just Say’in

You need a sacrificial part to absorb or break in a cartwheel type wreck.  This part will bent/brake instead of the energy transferring to the frame and tweaking it.  

Just Say’in
What's gonna bend?  Not cast aluminum...

I'd still rather weld new tabs on than replace a diff, but that's just me.  Again, I'm not concerned about the design, just the cost if it does fail.  With how it's affixed into the chassis, it'll either be the tabs crack off, or total loss.  Nothing sacrificial here, IMO, and I think the arms will fail before the diff anyway (which is good).

Factory skid plate under diff. 

View attachment 57149
Yeah, that looks way better.

If a Speed stuffs into a rock/witches eye/????? and breaks a suspension tab Vs CanAm/Polaris hits the same thing and bends the frame.....What is cheaper/easier to fix? Speed bulkhead is built/sold in parts. You have to replace half the bulkhead. Canam/Polaris, you have to replace a bent frame. 

I might be incorrect on the Canam Polaris but my buddy stuffed his Canam into a witches eye. It didn't break any major parts "off" the car. but it bent the frame enough that he had to replace it. Of course insurance pad for it. 

I am not saying one design is better than the other, two different ideas and both will work. You chose the one you like better. 

Now if I am in the middle of Baja and I break a tab off or damage the bulkhead......I am effed. If I bent the frame, I probably could half ass repair it to get home. 
If you rip the tabs off the bulkhead on the Speed UTV repair bills might be the least of your worries.   It looks like it would have to be a substantial hit to rip those out and odds are you are going for a helicopter ride. 

With the Speed UTV it is not only replacing the case, but you also have to deal with the gearing in the front diff.  So that means sending it off to Weddle.   Still cost a lot less than replacing a frame.  Also you won't be taking out a radiator as it is in the back.  

Replacement of a frame on a Can Am is a $12,000-$15,000 or more with parts and labor.  Polaris is around the same.   It ain't cheap.

Only time I have seen bent frames on a Can Am or Polaris was after a person lawn darted really hard.   I can tell you the Polaris Pro R frame is a lot tougher and other parts give out before the frame bends.  Friend stuffed his Pro R and the lower a-arms ripped out of the tabs and his shock shafts broke.  This was not a 20mph into a witches eye.  It was a 50+mph launch.  

I'm just more concerned that the mount is part of the drivetrain. We've seen plenty of Mende's crack after a crash in sand cars

RG said 1500 cars a month 😳 whoa 
Robby's said lots of things.

Yeah, both have issues.  Solution is to not crash them. :biggrin:

What are the chances the first few owners are at least "asked" to gag-order any social media posts or reviews after first rides?

What are the chances the first few owners are at least "asked" to gag-order any social media posts or reviews after first rides?
I was wondering the same thing.  Also wondering what accessories will be mounted as I dont recall seeing images of pallets full of light bars, winches etc.   But we will all know soon enough with a gag order.  Chupacabra will post since he gets his car first.  If Nick does not, then we will know about the gag order put down.

I was wondering the same thing.  Also wondering what accessories will be mounted as I dont recall seeing images of pallets full of light bars, winches etc.   But we will all know soon enough with a gag order.  Chupacabra will post since he gets his car first.  If Nick does not, then we will know about the gag order put down.
NDA with financial penalties is the only way I see Nick shutting up about problems.  Other than that, what?  No warranty?  Meh.  No parts?  That'll blow up for Speed with someone like Nick.

Hell, NDA would be tricky since there's a chance he refuses to sign and just posts about it.  

Reactions: FOG
Nick Olsen from Chupacabra offroad is one of those 6 cars.  He will for sure do a video of his shakedown run.  

RG will not have to do a gag order.  The Speed UTV owners will do that themselves.  After talking about this is the greatest thing since sliced bread for the last 3 years there is no way they will broadcast issues right away.  You think the 3 people that deleted their post are going to let everyone know about whatever issues may arise?

I know LOTD will not be posting pictures of lawndarted Speed UTVs.  

Nick Olsen from Chupacabra offroad is one of those 6 cars.  He will for sure do a video of his shakedown run.  

RG will not have to do a gag order.  The Speed UTV owners will do that themselves.  After talking about this is the greatest thing since sliced bread for the last 3 years there is no way they will broadcast issues right away.  You think the 3 people that deleted their post are going to let everyone know about whatever issues may arise?

I know LOTD will not be posting pictures of lawndarted Speed UTVs.  
Those 3 are currently lying about deleting their posts here...  So, no.

ab67616d0000b2735f624356e2844b83b50815dc

NDA for a retail customer?? 😂😂

Ninja please 
Agreed. It would be a sad day if RG required an NDA from a customer that had a deposit for years. 
Either you’re going to sell a SxS  to the public or you’re not. 

So prices went up and weights got posted.

$49,999 for the RG El Jeffe

1000 CC Turbo 225 HP | 4 Seat | 77 inch wide suspension and Dry weight of 2552

vs the 

2023 RZR PRO R 4 PREMIUM at $41,699

2.0L N/A 225 HP | 4 Seat | 74 inch wide suspension and Dry weight of 2437

Tough choices, time will tell if the designs incorporated by Robby put the Speed ahead in reliability, performance...etc.

:moof:
I get the whole track record/ reliability thing, but dollar for dollar with zero intended on upgrades and based on design concept alone I'd choose the Speed. By design the suspension geometry is  FAR superior to the pro R, and so is the chassis design and overall structural rigidity. 

Then let's say you have $2k to spend on upgrades. Speed already has a nice looking, stout cage, real doors, beadlock wheels, carbon bucket race inspired seats, 5 point harnesses, adjustable clutch e.t.c.  so I'd buy the speed key for, whatever it is now, $1500ish, and have 300hp. 

Agreed. It would be a sad day if RG required an NDA from a customer that had a deposit for years. 
Either you’re going to sell a SxS  to the public or you’re not. 
Not even enforceable  - no one will sign it if they have a brain

Back