Speed UTV

I’m having my Dually sleeved, cut out the DPF and chipped.. I’ll pay a smog guy $$ or register it in AZ.. my sisters.

Diesel mechanic will only do it for cash, no receipt …

abc

:makerain:

I was having a conversation with someone about VIN numbers and found out that they are usually stamped on the frame and there’s a character that indicates the model year. 
So I’m now wondering with all the delays of the Speed UTV what model year has already been stamped into the frame?

Hopefully Robby had the foresight to use the 2023 character in the VIN. 
The 10th character indicates model year.

https://www.alldata.com/us/en/support/repair-collision/article/vin-to-year-chart

When I bought a Funco from Az with an Az title. I had to go thru DMV inspection in CA. They spent an hour fn with me over a carb sticker. Car was titled SPCN and they just didn't get it.

This was 2 seasons ago. Today must be a nightmare with CA and registration on any off highway vehicle.  New or used. 
It was an adventure.  It would of been quicker if I knew where all the stickers were located.  The DMV guy and I were searching the web to find the locations.  LOL!  

I was having a conversation with someone about VIN numbers and found out that they are usually stamped on the frame and there’s a character that indicates the model year. 
So I’m now wondering with all the delays of the Speed UTV what model year has already been stamped into the frame?

Hopefully Robby had the foresight to use the 2023 character in the VIN. 
They are 2023 models. 

I’m having my Dually sleeved, cut out the DPF and chipped.. I’ll pay a smog guy $$ or register it in AZ.. my sisters.

Diesel mechanic will only do it for cash, no receipt …

abc

:makerain:
Some areas of AZ requires smog on diesels too.  LMAO!!!

I just got off the phone with Robby. I had asked him if he knew what number I'd be moved up to. A guy posted recently that he was 129 and was told he would be now be the 80th car built, which to me meant I would now be within the first 77 built, if he was accurate.

Robby told me he's in Havasu for at least the next 45 days, and he didn't have any of that paperwork there at the Havasu building, nor did he have those details on his phone, but he would try and get ahold of the office in NC when he had time.

We had an interesting/informative conversation.

1. The next 24 cars will be shipping next week, as the factory is on holiday until Sunday
2. These first 12 cars showing up are a little out of order because they wanted to ship 6 RG edition and 6 LE cars, if you watched the live yesterday, those 6 were all LE cars.
3. They will be shipping 500 in April, unless some unforeseen issues come up that they don't expect.
4. They are also shipping parts, mainly electronic parts since those are where they feel they have the most risk, IE...Starters, Coils, PTE's etc.......He said they have had a couple starters go bad, and the PTE's when I asked what that was, were the remote key fobs, they have also had a couple of those act up, and the cars come with 2, a regular key fob, and custom key fob, which can be configured as the extra HP, or a valet key, where you can set limits on the car speed etc....
5. The 500 coming in April will all be from Vietnam
6. Vietnam has been in the works for over a year and a half, they were never going to build the complete assembly line in China, Vietnam was only a surprise for people to hear, not a surprise for Speed. He told Vietnam saves them a lot, tariffs, hourly rates, easier shipping of parts to the assembly plan, and also getting cars out of port.
7. Mexico is most likely never happening, they would be paying Tariffs twice, a Tariff to get stuff into Mexico, and then a Tariff out of Mexico into the US
8. Expect to see a bunch more video and photos coming today.
9. The cars are much nicer than what was shown at the SSSS, they have been tweaking some stuff here and there and getting the fit and finish even better.
10. Prices will be going up today or tomorrow, somewhere around $60K will be the new price if you were to order today.

We also talked about me never owning an SXS, nor have I even driven one besides my old Rhino, he told me, I'm probably never driving my Baja again.

Page 308 and they finally hit the US Soil, now waiting on when they get delivered to their owners.

I'd pay $100 to see one of the new owners do a dozen donuts around @Mac house.... :deal:

200.gif

I just got off the phone with Robby. I had asked him if he knew what number I'd be moved up to. A guy posted recently that he was 129 and was told he would be now be the 80th car built, which to me meant I would now be within the first 77 built, if he was accurate.

Robby told me he's in Havasu for at least the next 45 days, and he didn't have any of that paperwork there at the Havasu building, nor did he have those details on his phone, but he would try and get ahold of the office in NC when he had time.

1. The next 24 cars will be shipping next week, as the factory is on holiday until Sunday
2. These first 12 cars showing up are a little out of order because they wanted to ship 6 RG edition and 6 LE cars, if you watched the live yesterday, those 6 were all LE cars.
3. They will be shipping 500 in April, unless some unforeseen issues come up that they don't expect.
4. They are also shipping parts, mainly electronic parts since those are where they feel they have the most risk, IE...Starters, Coils, PTE's etc.......He said they have had a couple starters go bad, and the PTE's when I asked what that was, were the remote key fobs, they have also had a couple of those act up, and the cars come with 2, a regular key fob, and custom key fob, which can be configured as the extra HP, or a valet key, where you can set limits on the car speed etc....
6. Vietnam has been in the works for over a year and a half, they were never going to build the complete assembly line in China, Vietnam was only a surprise for people to hear, not a surprise for Speed. He told Vietnam saves them a lot, tariffs, hourly rates, easier shipping of parts to the assembly plan, and also getting cars out of port.
7. Mexico is most likely never happening, they would be paying Tariffs twice, a Tariff to get stuff into Mexico, and then a Tariff out of Mexico into the US
9. The cars are much nicer than what was shown at the SSSS, they have been tweaking some stuff here and there and getting the fit and finish even better.
10. Prices will be going up today or tomorrow, somewhere around $60K will be the new price if you were to order today.

We also talked about me never owning an SXS, nor have I even driven one besides my old Rhino, he told me, I'm probably never driving my Baja again.
Excellent update  :thumb:

Wow...60K !!!

I can see people paying it too if these are 100% of what was promised / designed to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been calling the $60,000.00 plus range since he first went public at the ssss.  70 grand and up at a dealer.  

But it will be worth it, because it is a game changer.  

38 for a ghayzer pro r ultimate doesn't seem that crazy now does it.  

@WheresHotBoat thanks for the update. I am #745 so maybe I'll be in the 500 group. I am not sure how the master number works with the Diablos in there too. I will be in Havasu mid-February, I'll have to stop by the store and Mac's :)

@WheresHotBoat thanks for the update. I am #745 so maybe I'll be in the 500 group. I am not sure how the master number works with the Diablos in there too. I will be in Havasu mid-February, I'll have to stop by the store and Mac's :)
I would hope by the time they get into your number range that the Carb would be all sorted out and they would then be building in actual order and not skipping over CA residents.

Congrats!  You are getting closer to getting your Speed UTV in your hands.   

That is a huge price increase, if the price is just the car with no radios, window nets, and pumper. 

You are going to be blown away when you drive it considering your last SXS experience was a Rhino.  LOL!

Back