Speed UTV

Most dune rides in our 2 Turbo S models eat like you say 4-5 gallons.. think the tank is 9. I’m sure I could do duner’s diner back n forth from Gecko… it’d have to be a straight shot and wouldn’t probably try it from wash 10.

abc
My friend in his 4 seat Turbo S made it from Gecko Pad 1ish to Duner's Diner, playing in the dunes in Buttercup, and back to camp.  Gas light was flashing.

If we do the ride from the Washes we bring extra fuel.   I have made it from the Washes to Duners Diner, playing in Buttercup, and back to camp in my X3.  I usually carry a 2.5 gallon rotpak just in case.  

I dont recall hearing anything about Hisun doing that for Speed.  Hope I am wrong and you are correct. But maybe Hisun already had that plant there and can easily pick up the production once everything is nailed down.  So far seems like that is months away. 
Hisun had been the assumption among a lot of us as soon as RG said that they will be assembled in McKinney, TX some 2.5+ years ago. He hadn't ever said it was Hisun until a few months ago. We came to this assumption because someone did a little digging on their own and the only automotive/offroad based plant in McKinney was Hisun. So yes, Hisun does already have that plant in TX, but it is a finish/assembly plant. The new Plant in Mexico is intended to be a manufacturing plant, and the guy centered in this pic was seen showing off the Hisun-badged Speed to other execs in some leaked photos that I can't seem to find.

https://mexico-now.com/hisun-inaugurates-plant-in-coahuila/

Hisun.jpg

Hisun had been the assumption among a lot of us as soon as RG said that they will be assembled in McKinney, TX some 2.5+ years ago. He hadn't ever said it was Hisun until a few months ago. We came to this assumption because someone did a little digging on their own and the only automotive/offroad based plant in McKinney was Hisun. So yes, Hisun does already have that plant in TX, but it is a finish/assembly plant. The new Plant in Mexico is intended to be a manufacturing plant, and the guy centered in this pic was seen showing off the Hisun-badged Speed to other execs in some leaked photos that I can't seem to find.

https://mexico-now.com/hisun-inaugurates-plant-in-coahuila/

View attachment 54632
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgpyG5cAUy5/?igshid=Yzg5MTU1MDY=

FB_IMG_1673071713327.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw an instagram post of the new bandit in China at the 'batcave'. Looks like he may have gone to finalize that platform. Nothing for the Diablo buyers though. Makes sense though as the Bandit it just a shortened version of the Jefe. No plastic of other changes expect frame cuts. The Diablo will take more input.

I thought the Diablo was the same as the Jefe but shorter (2 seat Vs 4 seat). I thought the Bandit was like a Diablo but 72" wide???

Maybe it's just burn out but the "looks" just don't hit the same. It kind of looks outdated. Not being a hater. Wonder if they'll offer different body styles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FOG
Back