Speed UTV

Still leader of the pack in horsepower(with speed key) and best suspension and chassis design I have seen yet, by a large margin. They will lead in chassis strength and suspension design for years, imo... provided the cars are reliable overall. 
You know they said the Wildcat XX was the best suspension and chassis design when it was released.  Still did not matter for sales.  

Speed Key might entice some, but you need to run E85 to get to the 300hp.   On 91 the Speed UTV and Pro R are the same 225hp.  

I am very curious what can am will release later this year in regards to HP. I honestly think can am wanted to refresh in 2022 with an answer to the new Polaris offering but with the supply chain a complete cluster fck they pulled back and will release it this year. 

I think 230-250 hp on pump isn’t out of the question. 

like many have said the speed was ground breaking 3 years ago….today not so much. 

I am very curious what can am will release later this year in regards to HP. I honestly think can am wanted to refresh in 2022 with an answer to the new Polaris offering but with the supply chain a complete cluster fck they pulled back and will release it this year. 

I think 230-250 hp on pump isn’t out of the question. 

like many have said the speed was ground breaking 3 years ago….today not so much. 
Rumor is Can Am is still testing and finalizing the new car.  I would not be surprised if it was in the 240hp range.  Can Am likes to one up Polaris in the hp department. 

Rumor is Can Am is still testing and finalizing the new car.  I would not be surprised if it was in the 240hp range.  Can Am likes to one up Polaris in the hp department. 
Any idea what kind of wheelbase the 4 seater will have?

You know they said the Wildcat XX was the best suspension and chassis design when it was released.  Still did not matter for sales.  

Speed Key might entice some, but you need to run E85 to get to the 300hp.   On 91 the Speed UTV and Pro R are the same 225hp.  
I’m sure Joe Public won’t have any issues with ethanol storage…

Speed forum post of the day:

“My Speed runs like chit. This E85 worked perfectly fine last season!”

Any idea what kind of wheelbase the 4 seater will have?
Hopefully not full limousine status like the current one. 

He won't buy back the cars, but he will help the person find a buyer for the spot.  It would look super shady to "buy back the cars" (refund), then turn around and try and sell the spots for more money.

Speed is already behind the times in regards to technology and motor choice.  Can Am can get a lot more power out of the 3 cylinder Rotax and still be in the 1000cc range.  Current motor is only 900cc.  If they go over 1000cc they already have 300hp motors they put in the Sea Doo. 

Yamaha would of been a huge seller if they did not decide to use a suspension design that is great for short course racing, but sucks in the bumps.  A Yamaha with a longer wheelbase and trailing arm set up would be been great and one geared to run at least 32" tires. 

With the newer crop of cars blowing belts is not really an issue.  Did almost 400 dunes miles this past week and in our group of 6 or 7 SXS only 2 blown belts.  One guy drives in 2wd mostly and his clutch faces are not in great shape after 7000 or so mile on his car.  This was the first time he has blown a belt and I suspect it is because the clutches are worn out.  Other blown belt was the second belt for the owner in over 3,000 miles.  

Of the 3 Pro Rs in the group not one has blown a belt yet and those drivers are not easy on the cars.  
After going through over 2 dozen belts in my 2014 RZR , I finally figured out how to solve the issue.. PSI.

I run the sand tires at 16-18psi and the non-bead lock all terrains around 18-22lbs.

No more belt issues, just add air.

abc

1A2AFAF5-E8B5-405E-AD3F-2D9135CA6004.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Green Valley Lake near Arrowhead and Fawnskin in CA. Neighbor who bought my ‘14 RZR owns a cabin up there. 

We hit the trails right from his property. 

abc

After going through over 2 dozen belts in my 2014 RZR , I finally figured out how to solve the issue.. PSI.

I run the sand tires at 16-18psi and the non-bead lock all terrains around 18-22lbs.

No more belt issues, just add air.

abc

View attachment 54242
How does the tire PSI in the dunes prolong the belt life? I also assume that means the belt runs cooler, how does the tire PSI affect the belt temperature?

How does the tire PSI in the dunes prolong the belt life? I also assume that means the belt runs cooler, how does the tire PSI affect the belt temperature?
More PSI normally means more wheel spin.  Not sure if that would keep the belt cooler.  Could be he had to change his driving habits as a consequence of higher PSI which in turn was the driving habits needed to keep belts alive. 

I never had issues with belts on my XP1000 and use to run 10psi in paddle tires.   

With higher PSI yes more wheel spin and less ‘hook up’ easier on the drivetrain and therefore the belts. 

I have no ‘technical’ proof just years of experience with the ‘rubber band’ driven rides. 

Driving style is still flat out foot stomped to the ground.

Doubt that will ever change.

abc

BE223525-5BA7-42E9-8451-147075A4C50A.jpeg

As a former YXZ owner I would rather change a belt before every ride then get a ride without one again. Changing a belt is a inconvenience I can live with. Getting towed out on three different occasions was not fun at all. 

I’m sure Joe Public won’t have any issues with ethanol storage…

Speed forum post of the day:

“My Speed runs like chit. This E85 worked perfectly fine last season!”

Hopefully not full limousine status like the current one. 
Heck most are already going into limp mode when the 91 octane is 6 months old, imagine having to actually clean a fuel filter.  I have to change my fuel filters every year on my buggy running E85.

As a former YXZ owner I would rather change a belt before every ride then get a ride without one again. Changing a belt is a inconvenience I can live with. Getting towed out on three different occasions was not fun at all. 
^^^^ This!

Not sure why people are so down on the belt.

Back in my Rhino days, I hated it cause it was such a pain, but now they are a lot easier to change out.

$200 belt and on your way in minutes as opposed to getting towed and your trip is done with a Trans or clutch issue.

:dunno:

Back