Speed UTV

Does this help any???

2017-05-15_18-32-31-640x451.jpg

When that first 10 do show up, how many will try and sell them to fan boys for big mark up? Just like the EV Hummer and some of the other high demand low production vehicles out there.  What Baller will pay $100K to be the first in his group to have one? You know this will happen.

Probably so.  then stuff it into a dune and complain when the arms are all bent........
Lol. I think the ears will break off the cast aluminum bulkhead before those stout arms bend. For sure the speed chassis has no equal, but it comes at a weight cost. 

The private party customer orders are not cancellable but are transferable. RG mentioned dealer "commitments" several times in his videos, which sounds non-cancellable to me, but I'm not sure. 

As far as filling orders in 5 years? This will have to be the most epic and reliable machine in the history of sxs to be an unchanged design for 5 years of backorder fulfillment. Imo, that's just not doable. Customer preorders are already at least 2 years late. If he can't ramp up production and fulfill the vast majority of private party customer orders (and be a killer final product) by the end of 2023 I fear Speed won't last. 
Commitments are just for the finance people to "loan against" in the end depending on the T&C's  they are all cancellable. No dealer is signing anything non cancellable - they have attorneys..

And as far as "customer orders"  the most he can do is "keep" the deposit. He is not going to win suing anyone for breaking a commitment without delivery- no possession  - no case.  

With lots of capital he can ramp quickly  but like you said fixing bugs  has to shut down production - and if they follow the same path they are on -  and yeah not getting done

Etch-a-sketch the management,  put in some real Op's people from Polaris  or any one of the high volume manufacturers and they might have a chance - they already blew product management and program management, ops is not looking better.  solid looking design, good intentions, 

As I said 200 pages or so ago - this looks like a Harvard business case study in the making  - Like Enron ... 

and I was referring to the "Unicorn" condition- not just the Blue Sky...   New team, lots of VC money,  and some solid contractors ... Unfortunately Speed is looking more like a failed venture daily. 

Not for the lack of trying, just for the lack of business acumen

The road to hell is paved with good intentions...

At least thats how it looks on this side of the fence - Maybe Elon will step in :-)

I want to get the opinion of all you guys & gals following the speed car. I like the car and believe it will be a great car and was thinking about ordering one , perhaps 2 because the wife wants one now. I am concerned about if this will become real or perhaps it will shut down before I would even get a car ??. Should I order one or should I wait for someone to back out of there investment ??. If I could order one now and get it this time, Next year i would. It just seems like no one has the answer. I am also wondering about all the negative talk about this car why I don't see anyone selling their spots , Perhaps i could take over someones spot rather then ordering a couple now, That way I may get one in a few months from now. Anyone tired of waiting for there car and have 2 ordered give me a DM and we can i can take it off your hands. I don't expect to pay more but i could give you a little interest on your money that your bank charges. Hit me up Lets make a deal.

I would think that any ‘early’ order numbers that have had this much patience won’t be selling their spots at cost, .. but that’s just my opinion.

You should let the SPEED thread know if you’re successful at this attempt.

if I was in your shoes I’d be the same way,… cash now to ‘get you out’ but not … cash now for a car to be delivered in 2025.

Any chance we’re wrong about the ‘math’ and there’s a plan to have more production lines (soon) busting out 100/day or something???

The ‘math’ still had my head spinning a little.

abc

605DD38B-E488-4002-B2EB-4A3E20AFFB3B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
2023 is right around the corner. Will they get 500 cars delivered in 2023.

There's a couple cars selling at cost in the speed Facebook group. 

There is a guy on RDP trying to sell his for cost for weeks now and no takers.  I see 2 posted on facebook just yesterday selling for cost.  These are all early spots for the original price.  Is this a sign?

There is a guy on RDP trying to sell his for cost for weeks now and no takers.  I see 2 posted on facebook just yesterday selling for cost.  These are all early spots for the original price.  Is this a sign?
Yes, the Recession is already hitting quite a few people.  My neighbor's Company bought a semi truck because they couldn't find freight haulers for their product....Now he has freight pimps calling him every day offering to haul their product for a fraction of what they paid last year.....It's coming....

I want to get the opinion of all you guys & gals following the speed car. I like the car and believe it will be a great car and was thinking about ordering one , perhaps 2 because the wife wants one now. I am concerned about if this will become real or perhaps it will shut down before I would even get a car ??. Should I order one or should I wait for someone to back out of there investment ??. If I could order one now and get it this time, Next year i would. It just seems like no one has the answer. I am also wondering about all the negative talk about this car why I don't see anyone selling their spots , Perhaps i could take over someones spot rather then ordering a couple now, That way I may get one in a few months from now. Anyone tired of waiting for there car and have 2 ordered give me a DM and we can i can take it off your hands. I don't expect to pay more but i could give you a little interest on your money that your bank charges. Hit me up Lets make a deal.
I would not order one until Speed can show they can produce the cars at a consistent rate and that the have the parts available if you break something.

I would be shocked if they get 50 cars produced by March of 2023. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I bought my Can Am, I was seriously considering the Speed UTT version.

So glad I did not go down that road.

Granted it will be a great car most likely, but what about support???

Think about where you like to go and if something happens...say like in Mexico, How you gonna get parts?

That was the main concern for me was dealer support.

Back