Speed UTV

So where will the Speed Cars show up this weekend.  Do they bring them out to Glamis for a full reliability test?   Or will they test them in the shadows of the Havasu desert.   Not sure they want the spotlight of Glamis, but I hope to see them in Glamis for more than one day and that they are able to make a solid showing.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that. I posted critical, fact based speculation about the progress of Speed. Got my ass handed to me by fanboys and that's about it. If they blocked me that'd be pretty funny. 
The fanboys don’t like to hear reality!! Go against them or RG, look out. 😁

Can someone do basic math based on the facts?… how many (total) are on order… what amount can they turn out be day/week.. ie how many months at theoretical full production to fill current backlog?

Serious question.

abc

Been gone for a couple weeks again - did I miss it - Speed Cars got delivered?  Scanning through it sounds like first batch went out to FoR (Friends of Robby) and Influencers?

We are up to 4 Roll overs on Pro-R's in my group so far this year. Luckily Dealers have parts and they repair them pretty fast - no totals so far.  I am not sure how much insurance will be on a Speed but its still amazing to me that these guys are only paying $15-20 a month for Rzr insurance and do claims all the time ... 2 of the guys ordered Turbo kits  - faster rolls I guess...

Been gone for a couple weeks again - did I miss it - Speed Cars got delivered?  Scanning through it sounds like first batch went out to FoR (Friends of Robby) and Influencers?

We are up to 4 Roll overs on Pro-R's in my group so far this year. Luckily Dealers have parts and they repair them pretty fast - no totals so far.  I am not sure how much insurance will be on a Speed but its still amazing to me that these guys are only paying $15-20 a month for Rzr insurance and do claims all the time ... 2 of the guys ordered Turbo kits  - faster rolls I guess...
No deliveries yet, there are 12 on the way from China right now, RG said they hope to have them here in the states around the middle of January.

Cars 1 and 2 will stay with Speed, and the other 10 are actual customers, not friends and influencers, except for the Chupacabra guy, but he was an early customer.

I feel like a sucker every time I click on this thread.....but not near as much as I would if I had money down on one of these things. I really hope this works out.

Can someone do basic math based on the facts?… how many (total) are on order… what amount can they turn out be day/week.. ie how many months at theoretical full production to fill current backlog?

Serious question.

abc
So, there are private party orders(some of which were placed through a dealership) that number between 3,000 and 4,000. Then there are "dealer commitments" which can be 10s of thousands over the course of a few years. 

They have a goal of 40/ day I believe. They are not even on that radar as of now. They are at about one car every 2 days at best. I don't know how or if they will ever get to 40/ day. At current run rate it'd take 10 years just to fill customer orders. 

So, there are private party orders(some of which were placed through a dealership) that number between 3,000 and 4,000. Then there are "dealer commitments" which can be 10s of thousands over the course of a few years. 

They have a goal of 40/ day I believe. They are not even on that radar as of now. They are at about one car every 2 days at best. I don't know how or if they will ever get to 40/ day. At current run rate it'd take 10 years just to fill customer orders. 
This is Epic 

This is Epic 
those are placeholder orders which are cancellable  - no real customer orders behind them ... but if these things ever ship and live up to the hype - RG will have no problem getting funded to ramp production like crazy. With the learning curve and 3rd party production ramp up, He could easily meet that backorder in less than 5 years ...

Yeah I didn’t know all the production math, but had an ‘idea’ about how many are on order and my ‘basic’ math thinking is it would be years for folks past the 10k order mark.

Huge undertaking and a really REALLY bad global supply chain timing issues (which weren’t an issue when this venture started).

FTX to the moon!

J/K

ABC

PS. My four kids yesterday. From left to right 25, 23, 30 and 16 years old.

0CF190C2-77D4-417A-91F7-2CFB452185E7.jpeg

those are placeholder orders which are cancellable  - no real customer orders behind them ... but if these things ever ship and live up to the hype - RG will have no problem getting funded to ramp production like crazy. With the learning curve and 3rd party production ramp up, He could easily meet that backorder in less than 5 years ...
The private party customer orders are not cancellable but are transferable. RG mentioned dealer "commitments" several times in his videos, which sounds non-cancellable to me, but I'm not sure. 

As far as filling orders in 5 years? This will have to be the most epic and reliable machine in the history of sxs to be an unchanged design for 5 years of backorder fulfillment. Imo, that's just not doable. Customer preorders are already at least 2 years late. If he can't ramp up production and fulfill the vast majority of private party customer orders (and be a killer final product) by the end of 2023 I fear Speed won't last. 

If RG gets his AC $$, maybe he can use it to ramp up production/build inventory....

4 cars per day is very do-able....

The Speed plant is on the planet Venus most likely, where 1 day there is the equivalent of 243 Earth days.

:bag:
They need 40 cars per day, not 4. At that rate they'd take 3 years just to fulfill preorders. 

Back