Speed UTV

...Speed has never said they would go to 2 seaters early and has always been 2000 4 seaters...
Not true. Original presentations and statements from Robby, Todd, and other Speed team members was like, two rounds of 400-500 el Jefe, a round of el Diablo, back to a couple rounds of Jefe, then a combo round of diablo/ bandit.

Not that it matters at this point - they've been "in production" since August(I have the email to prove it) and they haven't even pumped out 25 cars in over 4 month's time. That's a FAR cry from the 40 cars per day that they anticipated. We already know their promise of the first 100 cars delivered before the end of this year ain't happening. And at this pace, the first 100 before the end of next year is optimistic. 

Pretty sad. As much as I don't want to buy another canned ham or Polaris that I know I will just have to dump another $10k into to get it close to right, by the end of 2023 the Speed will for sure be at the back of the horsepower line. And improvements in suspension geometry might also come far enough to make the Speed option not worth considering - considering the obvious risk of owning one in the first place. 

Not true. Original presentations and statements from Robby, Todd, and other Speed team members was like, two rounds of 400-500 el Jefe, a round of el Diablo, back to a couple rounds of Jefe, then a combo round of diablo/ bandit.

Not that it matters at this point - they've been "in production" since August(I have the email to prove it) and they haven't even pumped out 25 cars in over 4 month's time. That's a FAR cry from the 40 cars per day that they anticipated. We already know their promise of the first 100 cars delivered before the end of this year ain't happening. And at this pace, the first 100 before the end of next year is optimistic. 

Pretty sad. As much as I don't want to buy another canned ham or Polaris that I know I will just have to dump another $10k into to get it close to right, by the end of 2023 the Speed will for sure be at the back of the horsepower line. And improvements in suspension geometry might also come far enough to make the Speed option not worth considering - considering the obvious risk of owning one in the first place. 
Can Am has something in the works to replace the X3 right now.  Next couple of years will definitely be interesting.

Can Am has something in the works to replace the X3 right now.  Next couple of years will definitely be interesting.
Curious what you have heard. All I have seen is some speculation on a new motor being adapted from their Ski doo line. 

haven’t found much in terms of suspension or chasis. 

Curious what you have heard. All I have seen is some speculation on a new motor being adapted from their Ski doo line. 

haven’t found much in terms of suspension or chasis. 
There were some patent filing docs (or maybe leaked docs?) on the Can Am thread, but they got deleted by Nikal.  Basically, front suspension is going to a tall spindle design, which should be mega beef: less leverage on the control arm joints by the tire, frame will be taller making for less leverage from the shocks on the upper mount back to the frame, bumpsteer and camber and easier to control, etc.  

In that copy/paste post....how could you be an early ticket holder and NOT BE READY for delivery of your car almost 3 years later....

Mind-boggling to wait this long and not be ready with $$.

In that copy/paste post....how could you be an early ticket holder and NOT BE READY for delivery of your car almost 3 years later....

Mind-boggling to wait this long and not be ready with $$.
Was going to finance it, rates sucked, waited a little, got the call, rates still suck, pass? 

That, or life. :biggrin:

Inflation and the Fed raising rates (necessary).. are going to CRUSH this 'consumer debt' economy we live in. Very few that I know don't 'live' on leverage and got 'drunk' on the cheap money.

Economy is gonna hit the skids real soon IMO when folks see what payments are like with 10% interest, etc.

abc

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on guys, this is never going to get to 300 pages by the end of the year at this rate!  I'll be disappointed if Speed gets a car delivered before 300!

Maybe not before the end of the year but I’d bet on 300 pages… before 300 cars are delivered 

:rofl:
We can't change the rules now..... plus 300 before 300 is an sucker bet....

After the first car hits the dirt we will be doing 3 pages a day.....at least... 

At least they are actually trying to deliver cars... I heard that China was not too happy with people talking about the lockdowns... so likely the reason for the radio silence until they were lifted.... even if the do 20 a day that's 100 a week.... so end of January we should be at 300 cars....

Just here to add to the page count, I have nothing to offer but it sucks for the guys waiting.

I thought my wait was long when I ordered my can am....that was 10 months when I was told 3 months max.

:cheers:  

If you get the Pro R there is not much you have to do other than drive it. 

At the slow pace Speed will be getting the cars to customers they will for sure be behind the others.   All Polaris can easily up the hp on the Pro R and Can Am does have something to answer the Pro R. 

Polaris is way ahead in the technology department.  

Not entirely off the unicorn subject...

However, I just spent a couple of weeks in G, and got some serious stick time in a couple of  pro R ultimate's two seaters.

Stock, bone stock.  

This unicorn better be holier than holy is all I'm saying.  And canned ham has something up there sleeve, and these pro r's are just the beginning.

Also was able to go in a pro r with a turbo, sweet jezus  

OK, return to your normal scheduled program.  
If you think stock was something .... You have no idea what they are actually capable of after being tuned. 

New SXS's coming are a great thing, but soon they will be priced out of many folks hands.  these are toys and cant believe the prices they are starting to command.  Fun factors are sand rails IMO and if I were to having to pay over $50k it aint gonna be a SXS.  Glad I locked in a Speed early on and did so only cause I miss the desert riding.  Had I not, I'd upgrade from my current rail and just buy a used SXS to get back to desert riding. 

Back