Speed UTV

Grand scheme of things; those of us that work in manufacturing understand that materials cost let alone just getting materials (4130, stainless, etc) is near impossible at times. We just waited 6 months for a delivery that usually takes 12 days, and to get that we had to order a minimum that is basically a 2 year supply. Labor is impossible as well. Not only is no one working, those that will are literally complete effing worthless retards. Our schools have completely failed the current batch of 18-20-somethings. 

Theres alot involve in putting together a production car from scratch. These are unprecedented times. If you want something you will have to be patient

Anyone bitching about not getting their Speed…

a. Doesn’t have one on order

b. Just a keyboard hater of Robby Gordon

c. Doesn’t understand the crazy labor and material shortages that have happened during the Covid crisis.

if you are upset about not being able to have your vehicle for this season you should sell your spot or buy a temporary replacement.

my $.02

abc

0675B871-6D32-4B20-BB25-68E3814C3954.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone bitching about not getting their Speed…

a. Doesn’t have one on order

b. Just a keyboard hater of Robby Gordon

c. Doesn’t understand the crazy labor and material shortages that have happened during the Covid crisis.

if you are upset about not being able to have your vehicle for this season you should sell your spot or buy a temporary replacement.

my $.02

abc

View attachment 13440
ABC - totally agree

Because he can.

What good is whining about it going to do you? Has it ever worked for you in the past? Why do you think it's going to work now? 

Just being realistic. Anything that doesn't produce positive results for you is kind of a waste if time. I think RG has better things to do than defend his project on social media, but if it cuts down on the crap talking, then it was worth it.

One thing I learned in the Navy - orders and opinions flow downhill, not uphill.
You sure are sack riding robby a lot. Is this his sock puppet account?  Robby is a Effin douchebag for those last statements. Like Joe Rogan said, who reads the Effin comments? Grow up robby and deliver these cars you promised us a year ago

Looks like we can ✅ tires off the list of things RG is waiting on. Someone awhile back ago was concerned about tires so this should alleviate  some stress. View attachment 13433
Its this stuff I was bitching about before the site crashed (with no backup, who does that?) This tire isnt amazing, groundbreaking and going to change the sport. Why spend any time developing an ego tire when you still havent delivered cars? This is what owners are bitching about. Im a low 200 owner. I put a deposit in Sept 2019. couldnt give two shits what tire came on my car.

This is just my opinion, based on a couple of FB posts from someone who posts as Speed UTV. Before they designed the engine, RG said it would produce 225hp on 91 and 300hp on E85. That wasn't based on testing, those were numbers he just threw out there, probably trying to stay on the conservative side. FFWD to when they were dyno testing, they posted a pic of the engine under load and Speed UTV posted that it made 300hp on pump gas and 500hp on race gas. Shortly after, they deleted that post and posted it made exactly 225 and 300 on E85. So 1st - I don't think anyone can predict exactly how much an engine will make before they build it - not down to the exact number on pump gas and E85. 2nd, I think the Speed UTV poster was correct when he posted 300 and 500hp, but those were at the ragged edge and they never intended to deliver anything pushed to the limit. So they detuned it to 225 and 300hp for reliability. RG even said something about "designing it and tuning it for everyday reliability" and I took that to mean it's capable of more power, but it will be very reliable at 300hp.

The strongest piece of evidence for all of this is the "300 and 500hp" post on FB, which I saw when it was first posted, then it was quickly deleted. I see no reason for any of them to exaggerate or lie about the dyno results, but I can understand why they wouldn't want the public to expect those higher numbers.
My wifes an engineer. She can tell you EXACTLY how much an engine is going to make before anything is cast, bought or built. She does it everyday for a living

You sure are sack riding robby a lot. Is this his sock puppet account?  Robby is a Effin douchebag for those last statements. Like Joe Rogan said, who reads the Effin comments? Grow up robby and deliver these cars you promised us a year ago
Sell your spot brah.,, no dog in this fight…

…. I chose the best (my opinion) SXS at the time ….… and I ain’t no Polaris fan boy.

Abc

Sell your spot brah.,, no dog in this fight…

…. I chose the best (my opinion) SXS at the time ….… and I ain’t no Polaris fan boy.

Abc
I have a UTV now, Im good. Im out about $8k with him. My only issue waiting is my rzr is getting less valuable (i think) everyday.

He's up on the internet calling out the haters on instagram, but theyre kinda right..piles of parts arent cars

Nah.. you're trippin' brah.. I don't care how many of you think this SPEED is a 'game changer.'

Put a REAL driver in ANY decently built high HP SXS and he'll eat the 'other guy' for lunch. It's ALL about who's got their hands on the wheel.

I can't wait to smoke any y'all 'drivers'...  gimme 4 wheels, suspension, some HP .. whatever.. like sand cars.. SXSs are reaching the limit of capabilities/development. .. happened in like 06-08 with sand cars.. we're already there with SXSs... will a 'SPEED' beat a RZR in the open desert.. maybe.. dunes.. I doubt it.. rocks.. nope... 

SXS's are a boring topic.. so I should probably not post no more...  :rofl: .. friggin' golf carts on roids.. whatever...

abc

So I have no skin in this game and have not committed until now. The drama here is really entertaining to say the least keeps me checking often. If I did have a stake in this I wouldn’t be one of the haters I believe reality has to set in at some point and that is the original time line was really unrealistic to start with then add COVID supply shortage and I would say the team is doing all they can to make this happen. Not sure if I think it will be the game changer but everyone should get a top notch unit in the end. So carry on the entertainment is worth the read every day 😂

will a 'SPEED' beat a RZR in the open desert.. maybe.. dunes.. I doubt it.. rocks.. nope... 

abc
Dunes will come down to whether or not the SPEED can keep a belt in it, espec with the SPEED key.  If it can keep the belts happy, I think it'll out-pace RZRs and X3s in the dunes, with the possible exception of a 2 seat RZR or X3 in very, very tight sections where even the Diablo's 110" wheelbase is Yuge compared to a 2 seat RZR (non-Pro) at 90".  Rocks?  Hmmm... I think that one would be pretty even if we're comparing to a Turbo S that also has 32"s.  Compared to anything else, just the stock tire size is going to help the SPEED.  Again, wheelbase could be an issue in very very tight rock crawling stuff, but there are other crawling situations where a 2-seat RZR WB will be too short as well... 

-TJ

I have El Jefe #376. (#433 Master)

I'm not selling but money talks. Haha

Fingers crossed to have it in hand before New Years.

Its this stuff I was bitching about before the site crashed (with no backup, who does that?) This tire isnt amazing, groundbreaking and going to change the sport. Why spend any time developing an ego tire when you still havent delivered cars? This is what owners are bitching about. Im a low 200 owner. I put a deposit in Sept 2019. couldnt give two shits what tire came on my car.
Wow!

Most people would look at a truckload of tires and feel that's a good sign, that parts are coming in and things are moving forward. As most people know, first the parts have to arrive, then they can be assembled into a complete vehicle. That's why there are thousands of Fords sitting in huge lots - they're waiting for some little part so they can be finished.

However, instead of seeing the up side, you go on a rant about him designing the tires. Maybe it didn't take any longer than a couple of phone calls. The point is, you apparently aren't capable of seeing the positive side of anything. Anybody with half a brain knew right away that it was impossible for anyone to build a car from scratch in 1 yr. He was being overly optimistic. It doesn't look to me like he promised anyone a car in one yr.

I don't think you'll ever be happy, honestly. No matter how good it is, you will always find something to cry about with a Speed UTV. Your best bet is to sell your spot and buy a Canam. If the type of tires makes no difference to you, then obviously other factors make no difference. Canam has built a UTV just for you. It looks like this is your only option to be happy. Not unless you get professional help and show the nice lady with the doll exactly where Robby hurt you.

The tires are cheesy, but I would think that it is a good sign that some logistics getting worked out.

Back