Speed UTV

Possibly, but even they would not hold up the final certification this long  if it passed all the test.  
This state is lagging on getting contractors and pest control operators their licenses. Everyone's having to put in for emergency authorizations, some have been waiting 9 months.

It wouldn't surprise me carb is taking this long

Last edited by a moderator:
“Customers are such a pain in the ass”

They have no patience 🙄
God forbid that we deliver them a timely fashion. 
Yeah,,... if my customer service was at this level I'd be at the underpass with cardboard and a sharpie..

abc

11-photo-u1

You get more honesty when Robby lets loose in frustration on IG / FB then that letter.

They clearly have no clue when the CARB will get approved, is it just government delay like everywhere else or an issue passing - hard to know.

They are clearly hedging production to a crawl because of a concern that have not shared or just simply $$.

:dunno:  

You get more honesty when Robby lets loose in frustration on IG / FB then that letter.

They clearly have no clue when the CARB will get approved, is it just government delay like everywhere else or an issue passing - hard to know.

They are clearly hedging production to a crawl because of a concern that have not shared or just simply $$.

I am not sure CARB is dragging their feet versus RG making changes to the motor which might have caused the whole CARB testing to start over.   

My best bet is they changed things that impacted the approval date.

Which is not a bad thing.

My best bet is they changed things that impacted the approval date.

Which is not a bad thing.
I thought about that but wouldn't it screw with their federal EPA registration? Or maybe they're making it cleaner on second thought

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought about that but wouldn't it screw with their federal EPA registration? 
Not necessarily. If the change is related to something only CARB Cares about, the FED EPA has easier standards to meet, might not be an issue there.

Transparency from Speed here would gain them support vs hate, the off-road community is not a fan of CARB :js:

California Air Resources Board
What I'm trying to say is, why not label it a 49 state car and get some out to those in other states to keep the masses happy. Bugs or not it's too late to perfect it at this point. California would probably get the best ones after all dialed in anyway lol once carb is sorted.

I am not sure CARB is dragging their feet versus RG making changes to the motor which might have caused the whole CARB testing to start over.   
This is what I was thinking. They posted a few motor issues they found after testing and reworked those. Then the race car lost a motor. They said it was from a hose coming off but maybe it wasn’t? Then the speed car on a tow strap at Glamis. Maybe it was motor related also? If so, I’m sure what they are addressing is holding things up. Who knows, purely speculation on my part.

What I'm trying to say is, why not label it a 49 state car and get some out to those in other states to keep the masses happy. Bugs or not it's too late to perfect it at this point. California would probably get the best ones after all dialed in anyway lol once carb is sorted.
No dog in this fight.....But, 14 other states have adopted and follow California emission standards (CARB) and where the problem / delays might be. 
Hope they get this figured out sooner versus later for you folks. 

The big question is why not come out and say what's going on?  It must be BAD news...motor rework....because they wouldn't be this radio silent if it wasn't something big.  Maybe they knew it at the last presentation and that's why Todd said...it would be going monthly.  

Just bad communication all around. 

No dog in this fight.....But, 14 other states have adopted and follow California emission standards (CARB) and where the problem / delays might be. 
Hope they get this figured out sooner versus later for you folks. 
They can't be following it 100%.  There are still tons of things that are 49 state approved.  The company I work for is going through this right now with a small Honda engine.  CARB fined Honda over some BS with the gas cap.  Honda quit selling that engine family in California only.

They can't be following it 100%.  There are still tons of things that are 49 state approved.  The company I work for is going through this right now with a small Honda engine.  CARB fined Honda over some BS with the gas cap.  Honda quit selling that engine family in California only.
And why I said this might be the issue(s)....no idea for sure just a thought.  :cheers:  

The big question is why not come out and say what's going on?  It must be BAD news...motor rework....because they wouldn't be this radio silent if it wasn't something big.  Maybe they knew it at the last presentation and that's why Todd said...it would be going monthly.  

They've penned themselves into a corner where no one will believe them now.  Too many broken promises and statements that turned out to be completely false for anyone to believe what they're saying if it's not terrible news.

Unless it's something really bad, but then the balloon will deflate.  

So, sit in a corner and say nothing is the only tactic, methinks.

Because CARB clearly isn’t the issue. 

Maybe they’re out of cash flow? 🤔

Back