Speed UTV

Is it true he has 20k orders? That's some serious coin on the line. Over half a billion in sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can say is ...

1. The Semi-Conductor shortage.

2. The Supply Chain Issues.

3. Covid

All have been a boon for me. It'd be like having 5,000 SPEEDs in stock and no one else can get them. .. cause I have a ton of inventory.

I feel for the customers, but it's supply/demand for me... old time collegue offered me $8 each today for 10 pcs of something. I told them, you can't get them until Sept. 2023. I'm the ONLY one with parts and there is 15,000 on order with the factory. ... wait 10 months or buy them from me...

My price is SOLID at $289.00 each for a quantity of 10. 

abc

Last edited by a moderator:
Once Again, All the master # holders are wanting is clear communication as to the status of their car.  Just the facts, we are all big boys and we can deal with the truth.

Kick out a email.  Putting it on social media just gives the haters ammo.  Communication goes a long ways.  It’s called common courtesy when you are sitting on our funds, and we need to make decisions on our current cars.  I feel they are doing more damage by not communicating.  Potential customers that are on the fence about buying a Speed Car will think long and hard before jumping in,  if this current business model continues as is.    Me for one,  I would be out, but I am pot committed and there is a glut of cars for sale cheap now.   So I will continue to roll the dice 

Thanks to @WheresHotBoat for reaching out to Robby.  Guys don’t kill the messenger 

Also I would like to see them Race the cars in the Parker race while we continue to wait for them. 

It's like "Sports" people that yell at Professional athletes and coaches about what they are doing wrong. 
You should hear how sports parents talk about the volunteer coaches that stepped up to coach their kid because they didn’t want to. Especially the ones who’s kids don’t even belong out there. 

I appreciate what whereshotboat is bringing to the table. I am not a ticket holder so I can’t reach out to Robby and ask these questions. I do agree that having another presentation giving everyone an honest update would help him in the long run. Letting people know that they are locked down due to COVID is a good thing. It shows why progress has stopped and there is no way to predict how long the shut down will last. Seems it would do way more good than bad. Again I’m not a ticket holder but if I was this would make me feel better.

Once Again, All the master # holders are wanting is clear communication as to the status of their car.  Just the facts, we are all big boys and we can deal with the truth.

Kick out a email.  Putting it on social media just gives the haters ammo.  Communication goes a long ways.  It’s called common courtesy when you are sitting on our funds, and we need to make decisions on our current cars.  I feel they are doing more damage by not communicating.  Potential customers that are on the fence about buying a Speed Car will think long and hard before jumping in,  if this current business model continues as is.    Me for one,  I would be out, but I am pot committed and there is a glut of cars for sale cheap now.   So I will continue to roll the dice 

Thanks to @WheresHotBoat for reaching out to Robby.  Guys don’t kill the messenger 

Also I would like to see them Race the cars in the Parker race while we continue to wait for them. 
Parker race was cancelled yesterday, NOT due to Covid, as everyone is speculating.

2 people claim containers full of cars, one has seen a picture?  Anyone else see a picture of a loaded cargo container?

2 people claim containers full of cars, one has seen a picture?  Anyone else see a picture of a loaded cargo container?
2 containers f"full" of cars? That would only be 10 total if they're assembled :lol:  maybe 18-20 if partially assembled :dunno:  

2 containers f"full" of cars? That would only be 10 total if they're assembled :lol:  maybe 18-20 if partially assembled :dunno:  
My buddy and I tried to figure this out, we came up with 6 cars per container, using a 53' HC container. Thats with cages off, and stacked on top of eachother, maybe a way to get 7 possibly.

My buddy and I tried to figure this out, we came up with 6 cars per container, using a 53' HC container. Thats with cages off, and stacked on top of eachother, maybe a way to get 7 possibly.
I was thinking similarly and was trying to be generous :lol:  

Wildcats were shipped as rollers in double decker 53' van trailers with the cage knocked down, and 10 per load. The upper deck was comprised of load bars(Kinedyne bars) supporting plywood decking.

Well, it's not MY theory, it's the answers I got when I asked Robby.

He/Speed/Todd, don't have answers. What if he says they ship next week, and takes this long, and so and so, but then China stays on lockdown, and the delays just keep happening with no real fault to Speed? Well, then they miss another deadline and the haters on here, FB, IG, RDC, RDP etc......just feed off of it.

I wouldn't really say chit if I were them, until I knew they were on a ship.

FWIW, Robby has said they are shut down due to Covid, he said it about 10 days ago.
They simply have to say the factory has been shut down due to Covid and once it opens back up production will resume.  They can certainly say we have "X" amount of cars completed and sitting in shipping containers waiting to be shipped once things open back up from the Covid shutdown. 

No hard dates given just information as to where they are and how many cars have been completed.   A simple answer that would go a long ways.  

For the CA customers it would be nice for them to mention where things stand with CARB.  

Hopefully the Covid shutdown does not last long so they can resume production and get cars on ships.   

Even a picture of that would be double any other number shown in one photo, no?

I would think 6 as well for the El Jeffe.    

"Assembled in USA" what does that even mean anymore...the last 30% maybe?

Not a Speed bash, because they all do it to varying levels.....well funny enough except Polaris, which has a good dozen videos of their assembly lines in the USA.

Do we get to call IKEA Furniture "Assembled in the USA" ?? because we sit there and do it in the living room floor?

:lol:  just funny to me.

Back