Speed UTV

What I'm trying to say is, why not label it a 49 state car and get some out to those in other states to keep the masses happy. Bugs or not it's too late to perfect it at this point. California would probably get the best ones after all dialed in anyway lol once carb is sorted.
That is what they are doing.  The first 100 people slated to receive their Speed UTV are getting a 49 state car.  It appears a lot of the first 100 will be taking delivery in AZ. 

What I'm trying to say is, why not label it a 49 state car and get some out to those in other states to keep the masses happy. Bugs or not it's too late to perfect it at this point. California would probably get the best ones after all dialed in anyway lol once carb is sorted.
no _$hit... I've had a permanent OHV (motorcycle size) AZ plate on my '14.. which is still in my name/insurance, but I don't actually own it.. and its permanent.

abc

This one.

1C6B3CDD-D983-4F81-BFC6-81A85DEFC8DA.jpeg

1ECAA2F1-2B5E-48A4-A51A-D567A9AA7342.jpeg

AF3C08F1-BA02-458B-8390-476F3BCB1C39.jpeg

1EB2BBD0-5EA0-4EC9-9303-81BF6C908CD7.jpeg

076800C3-A8DC-45CE-B046-0886DA6A19F3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Issues with the motor and a CARB resubmit based on that assumption there was a significant change to the motor to warrant it.... 

uh... yeah.. that's not good for a first gen car.

abc

image.png

They can't be following it 100%.  There are still tons of things that are 49 state approved.  The company I work for is going through this right now with a small Honda engine.  CARB fined Honda over some BS with the gas cap.  Honda quit selling that engine family in California only.
So let's say it is CARB (like for changes to ECU programming when 1 cylinder injector fails and the motor goes lean)...then the 49 state model would be good to go and mass production would be happening and they would be pasting pics of that everywhere to ease tension and promote the car. The financial backers would want this movement also.

Lets say it's a motor related issue that is terminal. No point in producing more frames and suspensions on the assembly line (remember it's a modular assembly and without motor or driveline items they can't run the assembly line effectively). If it is driveline or motor based issue, no new start-up manufacturer can financially absorb mass warranty items for a core issue. Hence no point moving forward until it's resolved and proven long term. Not worth racing the system either at that point.

But, this is the kind of thing that should have flushed itself out a long time ago during field testing.

Without their input, we are all just speculating though. Not a good thing for the public and ticket holders to be doing. We're just along for the ride until we decide we've had enough and get off.

My Step-Dad's company has been the private go-between for Daewoo, Hyundai and a zillion other one-off MFR's you've never heard of. Not many foreign built machines go through it themselves. They just hire a business like his. 

You're basically hiring a local American with all the CARB contacts to get it done for you.

https://boshartengineering.com/\

PS. He owned a full rally car (main mechanic drove it)...  I was never allowed to drive/race it!!!!!!

I'll share my conversation with Robby from about 2 hours ago. Rather than speculate, or hate, I try to stay open minded, and go to the source when I have questions, and I actually root for a small guy going up against the large companies. Especially fellow racers.

Me: Robby, any recent updates? Haven't seen anymore completed car pictures in a bit? Where would my #125 car be at, at this stage?
Robby: Andy, unfortunately Chongqing has been on lockdown again, I'm hearing next week its supposed to be freed up again, but the last 3 weeks people have been locked down in regions again.
Me: damn Covid, are you still doing some assembly of cars or has it been completely shut down now?
Robby: It's dumb what some countries have to done and I'm hearing NY is back into the mask thing, I'm over this nonsense
Me: It looked like we were moving along pretty well with pictures of cars, bummer
Robby: Only the workers that live on site have been working. I know that suppliers have been closed and no trucks have been allowed in to pick up the loaded containers. I heard this morning that maybe on the 15th.
Me, hopefully a little light at the end of the tunnel soon
Robby: Fingers crossed
Me: sounds like you have some cars already in containers waiting to be shipped.
Robby, Yes, containers are loaded with cars, as you can imagine I hate not having real answers
Me: Have a good holiday.

FLAME AWAY

My Step-Dad's company has been the private go-between for Daewoo, Hyundai and a zillion other one-off MFR's you've never heard of. Not many foreign built machines go through it themselves. They just hire a business like his. 

You're basically hiring a local American with all the CARB contacts to get it done for you.

https://boshartengineering.com/\

PS. He owned a full rally car (main mechanic drove it)...  I was never allowed to drive/race it!!!!!!
Robby and Todd have both said they are using a 3rd party company to go thru the EPA and CARB stuff, maybe it's the same company?

Robby and Todd have both said they are using a 3rd party company to go thru the EPA and CARB stuff, maybe it's the same company?
Allegedly RG and company are using the same person Polaris and Can Am use.  

I'll share my conversation with Robby from about 2 hours ago. Rather than speculate, or hate, I try to stay open minded, and go to the source when I have questions, and I actually root for a small guy going up against the large companies. Especially fellow racers.

Me: Robby, any recent updates? Haven't seen anymore completed car pictures in a bit? Where would my #125 car be at, at this stage?
Robby: Andy, unfortunately Chongqing has been on lockdown again, I'm hearing next week its supposed to be freed up again, but the last 3 weeks people have been locked down in regions again.
Me: damn Covid, are you still doing some assembly of cars or has it been completely shut down now?
Robby: It's dumb what some countries have to done and I'm hearing NY is back into the mask thing, I'm over this nonsense
Me: It looked like we were moving along pretty well with pictures of cars, bummer
Robby: Only the workers that live on site have been working. I know that suppliers have been closed and no trucks have been allowed in to pick up the loaded containers. I heard this morning that maybe on the 15th.
Me, hopefully a little light at the end of the tunnel soon
Robby: Fingers crossed
Me: sounds like you have some cars already in containers waiting to be shipped.
Robby, Yes, containers are loaded with cars, as you can imagine I hate not having real answers
Me: Have a good holiday.

FLAME AWAY
Pretty cool that he will take your calls and answer questions.

Curious why they just don't let the people know production is halted due to China Covid shutdowns.  I saw RG mention something about Covid shutdown in a long comment section on Instagram. 

Pretty cool that he will take your calls and answer questions.

Curious why they just don't let the people know production is halted due to China Covid shutdowns.  I saw RG mention something about Covid shutdown in a long comment section on Instagram. 
He's mentioned on more than one occasion that Covid lockdowns were holding them up.

Id' imagine, similar to what I posted about Karla, Todd's wife. Unless they have real answers, there is no reason to do any updates. All they do is get flamed on by every Tom, pee pee, and Harry, who've really done nothing to this caliber with their lives. I don't blame them actually.

He's mentioned on more than one occasion that Covid lockdowns were holding them up.

Id' imagine, similar to what I posted about Karla, Todd's wife. Unless they have real answers, there is no reason to do any updates. All they do is get flamed on by every Tom, pee pee, and Harry, who've really done nothing to this caliber with their lives. I don't blame them actually.
Problem with your theory is if everything is shut down and they are just waiting...then why doesn't he have time to come on and Say...."they are shut down and we are waiting"..... WE have  XXX cars in containers....that are waiting to be shipped, should be a two week trip to the states or mexico, then a couple weeks to unload, final assembly and deliver.  

At this point they know how long the ocean trip is, how long the load/unload time is once it's feet dry, and how long final should take....

So NO lets just make everyone guess....... 

Problem with your theory is if everything is shut down and they are just waiting...then why doesn't he have time to come on and Say...."they are shut down and we are waiting"..... WE have  XXX cars in containers....that are waiting to be shipped, should be a two week trip to the states or mexico, then a couple weeks to unload, final assembly and deliver.  

At this point they know how long the ocean trip is, how long the load/unload time is once it's feet dry, and how long final should take....

So NO lets just make everyone guess....... 
Well, it's not MY theory, it's the answers I got when I asked Robby.

He/Speed/Todd, don't have answers. What if he says they ship next week, and takes this long, and so and so, but then China stays on lockdown, and the delays just keep happening with no real fault to Speed? Well, then they miss another deadline and the haters on here, FB, IG, RDC, RDP etc......just feed off of it.

I wouldn't really say chit if I were them, until I knew they were on a ship.

FWIW, Robby has said they are shut down due to Covid, he said it about 10 days ago.

Maybe if somebody started being a tad more transparent than blowing smoke clouds the size of China there would be less tension and flaming. 

That’s really a great start at repairing the damage. Calling people out who They say have done nothing to this caliber with their lives?? 

That is the most ignorant statement from a Narcissist. 

Maybe if somebody started being a tad more transparent than blowing smoke clouds the size of China there would be less tension and flaming. 

That’s really a great start at repairing the damage. Calling people out who They say have done nothing to this caliber with their lives?? 

BTW You will be lucky to see 100 cars period. Good fkn Luck. 

That was my statement, not Robby's. I'm not here to repair damage, or sooth the haters, and it's just my opinion.

I'm a low number car, and while I can't say I'm happy with the timelines, I'm happy with the transparency, and the one on one communication I get, when I just go ahead and ask them questions.

You may be happy with it, but from a consumer point of view, there is a LOT more they can be doing....

Speed....

Look China's on lockdown....once it's lifted, we have  XXXX  cars in containers ready to ship. It will take them XXX weeks once they ship to be ready for delivery.

Carb is currently doing XXXXXX,  we expect this to be done in XXX  days/weeks/months.

The car that was towed in Glamis , which everyone saw...suffered a failure of XXXXX.  

The motor that blew up at Norra was  from an oil line, 100%... we have fixed that issue. 

We have enough parts for  XXXXX number of cars once the lockdowns are over and production will be XXXX numbers once we are up and running. 

We are NOT running out of money.... we are waiting on China and Covid. 

How friggen hard would that be???????????

Instead we are all haters and idiots because we didn't start a UTV business...... Wtf?   

I am one of the biggest fan boys and want them to succeed.  But when I see people doing stupid stuff....I got to call it out. 

In my conversation with Robbie, he showed me a picture of the cars prepared for shipment.  Two cars are stacked on top of each other on a rack fitted to the bottom car.  This allows then to two high into the shipping containers.  He said that car that was flipped over at the SSSS was actually fitted with that special rollbar rack they use to stack the cars.  Final assembly here in the US will install the factory roll cage and the racks will be returned back for use again.

That was prior to TG

Whoa fellers. I’m definitely not a Speed fan, but don’t get pissed at @WheresHotBoat for giving out info and his opinion. 

That being said, I think the past mistakes trying to drum up excitement for his product are what put him in his current predicament. There will always be people, customers or not, that don’t like salesmanship. These people might be potential customers, so starting flame wars on Instaface aren’t going to help. 

Overall, hopefully someone learns a lesson from this. Showcase all you want, but let your product sell itself and never ever bad mouth the competition.

The statement is Directed at SPEEDUTV. 
Why would you direct my statement at Speed? They didn't say it, I did, and I'd stand by it. What they took on is HUGE, and a monumental process. Most of the people on here, FB, IG, RDC, RDP, have never taken that on, but they sure know what should be done better.

I have never done anything like that, I don't have the balls, fortitude, cash flow, desire etc.......So, I really can't speak to what they should be doing, or what they are doing wrong.

It's like "Sports" people that yell at Professional athletes and coaches about what they are doing wrong. 

Back