Speed UTV

Hopefully the factory is up and running as I believe China was loosening their strict Covid policies. 

I doubt the first 100 cars will be delivered even in January.  
All the news I've seen is China cracking down even harder.

Maybe they will or already did lock a bunch of child labor factory workers inside the hisun factory as part of their lockdowns and they have had nothing else to do but turn out speed utvs but nobody knows about it yet since the doors to the factory have been welded shut and none of the cars are allowed outside the factory until they can be decontaminated 

Maybe 

So Speed is having trouble delivering customer cars for who knows whatever reason   Let's say Covid just for fun.  Okay, But show us what Speed car can do!  Race the cars in the Parker 425.  That race is right in his Robbys back yard.  January 6th weekend   Lets the start the year off right!  Give the poor customers some hope!!    Enter 2 or 3 of them.  The Norra race was 2 months ago, the carbon fiber car should be fixed by now,  one would sure think.   Do something positive to stop the negative vibe that’s everywhere around Speed car right now.  Believe it or not,  a-lot of people want to see this Speed car succeed,  including my wallet.  Radio silence and not racing it in Baja 1000 have people wondering if something bigger is wrong with the car   Also towing car at Glamis didn't help matters.  It seems like Speed is afraid to race the car.  Prove everyone wrong   Show Polaris, Can am, Artic Cat  and the “haters” how all your engineering and patents are superior    Show us the Speed car can not only finish a race,  but dominant a race     Please!  Asking for a friend

So Speed is having trouble delivering customer cars for who knows whatever reason   Let's say Covid just for fun.  Okay, But show us what Speed car can do!  Race the cars in the Parker 425.  That race is right in his Robbys back yard.  January 6th weekend   Lets the start the year off right!  Give the poor customers some hope!!    Enter 2 or 3 of them.  The Norra race was 2 months ago, the carbon fiber car should be fixed by now,  one would sure think.   Do something positive to stop the negative vibe that’s everywhere around Speed car right now.  Believe it or not,  a-lot of people want to see this Speed car succeed,  including my wallet.  Radio silence and not racing it in Baja 1000 have people wondering if something bigger is wrong with the car   Also towing car at Glamis didn't help matters.  It seems like Speed is afraid to race the car.  Prove everyone wrong   Show Polaris, Can am, Artic Cat  and the “haters” how all your engineering and patents are superior    Show us the Speed car can not only finish a race,  but dominant a race     Please!  Asking for a friend
If Speed were to race it would have to be in the UTV Open class as they do not meet the turbo production rules right now.  When they actually produce production cars (forgot how many they have to make) then they can race in the production class.

at this point the UTV Open class is mostly the RZR Pro R.  Those racers have an advantage of racing for about a year on the platform and know what works to succeed and win races with the Pro R.   The top  factory backed drivers will put a hurting on the Speed UTV.  Speed car is not ready to race yet.  They don’t have the desert race miles to work out all the racing teething pains that come with racing an unproven platform.  

Speed UTV finishing a race would be a step in the right direction.  

I disagree,  They have to start somewhere, sometime!  I just came from Glamis Red Bull scramble. The pro class with the Turbo Rs were respectable, but they didn’t win.  Speed cannot have its platform be based on the fear of losing.   Go out there and take your licks if need be.   Master ticket holders are tired of hearing excuses, tired of seeing them race a Artic Cat.   The Norra prepped 2 seat Speed car was supposedly pushing close to 350hp.   That car should be very respectable.  At this point they need to log miles under race’s condition to prove their car is all that is advertised.   The other option is sit on sideline and watch your company collapse more.   This could be the Hail Mary Speed needs.  At least go down  swinging with a little pride left.  My 2 cents

I disagree,  They have to start somewhere, sometime!  I just came from Glamis Red Bull scramble. The pro class with the Turbo Rs were respectable, but they didn’t win.  Speed cannot have its platform be based on the fear of losing.   Go out there and take your licks if need be.   Master ticket holders are tired of hearing excuses, tired of seeing them race a Artic Cat.   The Norra prepped 2 seat Speed car was supposedly pushing close to 350hp.   That car should be very respectable.  At this point they need to log miles under race’s condition to prove their car is all that is advertised.   The other option is sit on sideline and watch your company collapse more.   This could be the Hail Mary Speed needs.  At least go down  swinging with a little pride left.  My 2 cents
Especially given how Speed came out of the gate swinging.  If Speed wasn't shitting on the competition in each weekly video, sitting on the sidelines wouldn't be that bad, but you talk the talk, now it's time to walk the walk.

Maybe they show up to Parker in January.   I don't disagree they should be out there racing and proving they have built a race ready car.   I just think they might want to get a few of them in customers hands before racing them fullbore. 

I would hope they have the cars to some customers and they race the Speed UTV at the San Felipe 250 or show up to KOH and race one in the UTV desert race. 

If I were Speed UTV I would not be in a rush to race them.  The track record at races so far is not great.        

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they show up to Parker in January.   I don't disagree they should be out there racing and proving they have built a race ready car.   I just think they might want to get a few of them in customers hands before racing them fullbore. 

I would hope they have the cars to some customers and they race the Speed UTV at the San Felipe 250 or show up to KOH and race one in the UTV desert race. 

If I were Speed UTV I would not be in a rush to race them.  The track record at races so far is not great.        
Robby or Max will be the last to race the cars as I have said.  It will be the first batch of cars going to racers that will enter in races not Speed employee's / Owners.  The risk reward is to great for them to do it.

Robby or Max will be the last to race the cars as I have said.  It will be the first batch of cars going to racers that will enter in races not Speed employee's / Owners.  The risk reward is to great for them to do it.
Why did Max and Robbie enter the Norra then, also they said Speed , “Max” was gonna enter the 1000 along with 2 other cars.  Max is the owner son I consider that ownership group.  Seems very troubling that they are afraid to race their cars after a pis poor showing at Norra.  So their business model is put unproven crap out there and let the R and D be done by the customers after they pay the cars.  These cars should be proven by Speed as dependable before they are released to customers.   Minor improvements after release are normal.  But prove to the public the the engines, trans, trailing arms and axles are all that they have promised.  The shows advertised these car as basically race ready with a couple of minor modifications.  What’s the problem here.   It better for Speed to have the problem than 100 unhappy first customers.  They have had 3 years to test this car.  I could prove that car in one weekend at Glamis.  

Why did Max and Robbie enter the Norra then, also they said Speed , “Max” was gonna enter the 1000 along with 2 other cars.  Max is the owner son I consider that ownership group.  Seems very troubling that they are afraid to race their cars after a pis poor showing at Norra.  So their business model is put unproven crap out there and let the R and D be done by the customers after they pay the cars.  These cars should be proven by Speed as dependable before they are released to customers.   Minor improvements after release are normal.  But prove to the public the the engines, trans, trailing arms and axles are all that they have promised.  The shows advertised these car as basically race ready with a couple of minor modifications.  What’s the problem here.   It better for Speed to have the problem than 100 unhappy first customers.  They have had 3 years to test this car.  I could prove that car in one weekend at Glamis.  
The NORRA race is not your typical race.  It is a very relaxed rally type race.  It is no Baja 500 or Baja 1000 or even a BITD race.  They made it less than 30 miles before the oil line came off and toasted the motor, which was on an alleged race prepped car.  They finished in a pre-production car, but were already DNF'd.

The first 100 customers have to know they are not getting production car per se.  They all seem to be hand build at the factory in Hisun.  Those first 100 know they are going to be test mules to a certain degree.  

I would expect Max to be racing a Speed UTV at some races next year.  

Here's a post from today on RDC from someone who sent an email, and the response he got.

If Karla's responses are accurate, it seems like some customers should be getting cars very soon, but not that many of them. Myself, #125, like I posted before received a call a month or so back regarding being moved into the first 100 since I'm an AZ customer, but I haven't received any more news since then.

speedemail.JPG

Well that is one way to answer a bunch of questions without answering any of them.

I think customers that want to register in CA are going to get the short end of the poop stick.  It sure seems like they are doing all the CARB testing now.  Why else would it take CARB this long to issue a final rubber stamp, if they passed all the testing as claimed in September?

Well that is one way to answer a bunch of questions without answering any of them.

I think customers that want to register in CA are going to get the short end of the poop stick.  It sure seems like they are doing all the CARB testing now.  Why else would it take CARB this long to issue a final rubber stamp, if they passed all the testing as claimed in September?
Cause it's CARB and if they can just screw with one more person a day, those sick, twisted, little dwarf freaks get all excited. They are sub human scum, doing nothing but making life harder for everyone. 

Cause it's CARB and if they can just screw with one more person a day, those sick, twisted, little dwarf freaks get all excited. They are sub human scum, doing nothing but making life harder for everyone. 
Possibly, but even they would not hold up the final certification this long  if it passed all the test.  

Well what was the deal when RG stated the carb was done at the SSSS? Now it’s not done? 
Maybe I’m incorrect. Enlighten me. 

Back