Speed UTV

There are folks on facebook selling spots on a daily now.  Held off as long as they could, it would suck having dropped 5- to 15K on accessories up front and still not have a car.  I bet they are hating them selves for not just leaving a small deposit on the SXS instead.  
I think we will see a lot more spots up for sale after the first of the year, if those first 100 cars don't make it to customers by January.   

I could not imagine having to pay up front for accessories for a car that was not even done with final design at the time.  

Are they selling for markup or recouping costs.. that’s the ‘tell’??

I truly have been rooting for RG to make Canned Ham and Polaris/Joyner better… so don’t take my ‘hits’ on this potential failure as a hater.,. 

I am NOT a fan of Polaris .. but having owned the ‘14 I sold just felt more comfortable with them than Canned Ham.. and that ‘might’ be a better ride.. and just committed to a MFR and ran with it.

I now have 2 that are identical and have over $50k in each.. (didn’t expect that), but I’m OK with it. 

Too much body roll but other than that they are decent/capable rigs.

Probably my last true off-road rigs…

abc
If you drove a Pro R I think you would be impressed.  Polaris was already making improvements before Speed UTV.  

If you drove a Pro R I think you would be impressed.  Polaris was already making improvements before Speed UTV.  
No way.. saw the belt change video... Eff that machine.. I'd just get ahold of ANGRYSPIDERCRACK or whomever I sold the car to .. buy it back... I've literally changed over 30 or more belts and have it down.. total F1 pit deal... I can do it in under 5 minutes.. I'd just set the Pro R on fire before I'd work on the belt.

Shame they had to orient the motor and have such a $hitty belt change deal as that is the main weak point on these rigs... 

I still can't believe I'm involved in a debate about SXS... ABC was the BIGGEST hater of SXSs back in the day.. 

Remember, driving a SXS (vs. a sand car) is like having sex with a condom. .. you're having sex, but it just isn't as fun...  :dan:

2013 Long Beach Grand Prix.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we will see a lot more spots up for sale after the first of the year, if those first 100 cars don't make it to customers by January.   

I could not imagine having to pay up front for accessories for a car that was not even done with final design at the time.  
Yeah, but Robby constantly said they were about to go into final production.  Easy to see how it happens.

11 minutes ago, ANGRYBUTTCRACK said:

No way.. saw the belt change video... Eff that machine.. I'd just get ahold of ANGRYSPIDERCRACK or whomever I sold the car to .. buy it back... I've literally changed over 30 or more belts and have it down.. total F1 pit deal... I can do it in under 5 minutes.. I'd just set the Pro R on fire before I'd work on the belt.

Shame they had to orient the motor and have such a $hitty belt change deal as that is the main weak point on these rigs... 

I still can't believe I'm involved in a debate about SXS... ABC was the BIGGEST hater of SXSs back in the day.. 

Remember, driving a SXS (vs. a sand car) is like having sex with a condom. .. you're having sex, but it just isn't as fun...  :dan:

It's not nearly the problem it was on previous models though.  Hell, I change the X3's belt every season just because, only had the first one fail because I didn't replace every season...  That was with over 1,000 100% dune miles on the stock clutching (30" Big Hrons or paddles).

Last edited by a moderator:
45 minutes ago, ANGRYBUTTCRACK said:

Belts on the Pro R do not seem to be an issue on this car.   Changing a belt is a few more steps that your friends that like to take beverage breaks will appreciate.  Really not to bad to change a belt. 

Radio Silence....something good is not going on.......I want them to succeed as much as anyone, but they are blowing it right now.... feel like I'm watching Trump and just want to shake the chit out of him.

Back