Speed UTV

Think about it. A Chinese Company can build a bunch of parts and have them shipped to a port, Load them on a ship and sail across the Pacific to Ensenada Mexico have a longshoreman unload them, put them in a truck drive across Mexico into Texas then unload them cheaper than they can have a shop in the US build them.
But that makes too much sense to do.

I still don't see that happening.. Mexico assembly workers work for $15/day and no bathroom breaks (to assemble). Mexico assembly isn't the problem. But assembling these in TX would be $15/hour, OSHA and all the other expenses that again I believe would increase the price to $75k each.

Am I missing something here? 

abc

20 minutes ago, ANGRYBUTTCRACK said:

I still don't see that happening.. Mexico assembly workers work for $15/day and no bathroom breaks (to assemble). Mexico assembly isn't the problem. But assembling these in TX would be $15/hour, OSHA and all the other expenses that again I believe would increase the price to $75k each.

abc

$2.50/gallon gas sounds good about now.

3 hours ago, ANGRYBUTTCRACK said:

abc

Honda assembles the Talon and other ATVs in South Carolina. You can buy 3 for under $75k. 

abc

Last edited by a moderator:

abc

I think I remember paying $.79 a gallon in CA as a youngster.. I'm 50 now.
Ca. gas the first time I filled up was $.55/ gallon, same price as a pack of smokes.  Dad would give me $3.00 for gas and I would have a 1/4 tank that would last me like two days, around the same amount of time the smokes would last.  The old man didn't know I was smoking, he just thought I had a lead foot.

One time trying to get home with a old Toyota truck that was just about out of gas. We found $.26 under the seat to get home.

For sure... I can remember driving my 1992 Civic Hatchback to Cal State Fullerton and putting a few bucks of gas in the car and getting a famous star with cheese with what change I had in my ashtray.

Now it's $430 to fill up my 62 gallon (Titan big fuel cell) Dually at $7.09/gallon .. a few weeks back.

abc

Ca. gas the first time I filled up was $.55/ gallon, same price as a pack of smokes.  Dad would give me $3.00 for gas and I would have a 1/4 tank that would last me like two days, around the same amount of time the smokes would last.  The old man didn't know I was smoking, he just thought I had a lead foot.

One time trying to get home with an old Toyota truck that was just about out of gas. We found $.26 under the seat to get home.
That’s when your buddy would give you $5 for gas and you’d honestly thank him (or tell him his money was no good).

These days? Insulting. Lol

At this point, it's obvious. Gas really ain't that much more expensive.  You're dollar is just worth so much less. 

Back to Topic:  Speed UTV's will be 50% more cost when they finally come out.

There are folks on facebook selling spots on a daily now.  Held off as long as they could, it would suck having dropped 5- to 15K on accessories up front and still not have a car.  I bet they are hating them selves for not just leaving a small deposit on the SXS instead.  

There are folks on facebook selling spots on a daily now.  Held off as long as they could, it would suck having dropped 5- to 15K on accessories up front and still not have a car.  I bet they are hating them selves for not just leaving a small deposit on the SXS instead.  
Are they selling for markup or recouping costs.. that’s the ‘tell’??

I truly have been rooting for RG to make Canned Ham and Polaris/Joyner better… so don’t take my ‘hits’ on this potential failure as a hater.,. 

I am NOT a fan of Polaris .. but having owned the ‘14 I sold just felt more comfortable with them than Canned Ham.. and that ‘might’ be a better ride.. and just committed to a MFR and ran with it.

I now have 2 that are identical and have over $50k in each.. (didn’t expect that), but I’m OK with it. 

Too much body roll but other than that they are decent/capable rigs.

Probably my last true off-road rigs…

abc

Reactions: FOG
One buddy of mine is in for $4500, the other like $10,500.

They’re pretty ‘hard core’ off-roaders… 

I think they’re both close to dumping their spots, but neither are hurting for $$

abc

Back